Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
tamiya beetle  M-01 >

tamiya beetle M-01

tamiya beetle M-01

Old 10-27-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Default tamiya beetle M-01

this weekend i picked up a sweet lil Tamiya Beetle from the flea market (swap meet). it was already put together with JR servos and JRpro am radio. it also came with a battery and pirhanna chager all for 30 bucks. lol i even talked the guy into including a lil nikko boat he had there too.

when i got her home i found the pinion was attached all the way so it wasnt driving. after making some adjustments i finally got her to go, but she clicks and grinds. after pulling the case that shows the 3 gears i noticed there is a wooble in the shaft the gears are attached. is there any at home fix to this? or can you still buy parts for it? also, do you guys have any for sale? if so, please point me to a classified.

also, it has this manual speed control that works off a servo. i havent been into rcs all too long, but this seems accient. is this lil beetle worth much? if not i would like to put a brushless kit in her to really see her move.

any help would be greatly appreciated. i have done some digging and believe the car is a original M-01 tamiya
Old 10-28-2008, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

WOW that is old get some pics up post post the in the mini cooper thread...you will get more replies
Old 10-28-2008, 04:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

if its a rwd car it will be a M02-L, the M01 was the first mini (fwd) chassis. heaps of spares for these on ebay, i think tony's tamiya parts has a few bits. and JR-RC in japan.