R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-22-2008, 07:03 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default Airtronics MX-3 FHSS 2.4GHz

Is this a decent radio for my first road car I am building, an associated tc4 factory team with a mamba max brushless system....... got a chance for o new one for 130.00
Fergup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:29 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I myself am looking at new radios as well, Airtronix mx-3 or futaba 3pm. Everything seems about the same between the two from everything I have been reading. I think it is going to come down to what I like the best in my hand.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:50 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

It's a great radio for on-road. You might want to also take a look a the Futaba 3PM 2.4ghz...

"Release the Kraken"
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:28 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A little confused over the terms used.

MX-3 has FHSS, the other airtronics has DSSS, what is the difference? Also h ow are they different from Spectrum or the Futaba system?
stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:31 AM   #5
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocker View Post
A little confused over the terms used.

MX-3 has FHSS, the other airtronics has DSSS, what is the difference? Also h ow are they different from Spectrum or the Futaba system?
From what I understand...(and I could be wrong, and please correct me if I am wrong) they all use their own encoding to talk to their own reciever. DSSS and FHSS are just what they call their type of encoding, and each Co. marketing department is going to tell you that theirs is the best. This is one of the reasons that you have to keep with the reciever of the brand of transmitter that you buy. There is one radio out there Nomadio that I have been told will run with any reciever execpt Futaba, and they are working on Futaba.

I have pretty much decided on the Airtronics or the Futaba, both extra recievers are about the same cost, both are good brands. Futaba has been my only radio from the get go in the early 80's for the surface stuff. I have had Airtronics for the air models forever and none have given me any problems. In fact I am so old school, and just getting back into racing that my surface radio is still AM....That is how long it has been for me.

It is all going to come down to what I like the best, but it will be intresting to see the differences between AM and 2.4.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote