R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-04-2008, 02:56 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Look at the Quick roll centers, The car is not even using the 4 holes around the screw hole for the adjustments its just bolts straight on without using the offsets.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:59 PM   #32
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Look more carefully. It's nikom.
I12PonU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:05 PM   #33
Regional Moderator

So it appears that there are two clones, the X Racing one and the TK008C. One has plastic bulkheads, and the other has aluminum bulkheads.
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:07 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to streetracer745

Has anyone considered buying the kit and testing it instead of just assuming that its crap? Sometimes cheap stuff can be amazing. Look at Zippy lipos. I have heard nothing but good about those. And has anyone considered that maybe the chassis is sealed already? Saving all of us the step of sanding it down and sealing the edges with CA? Just a thought...

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

46.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot and have no real value or truth.
streetracer745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:11 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetracer745 View Post
Has anyone considered buying the kit and testing it instead of just assuming that its crap?
Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherfucker.
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:20 PM   #36
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenmachine View Post
Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherfucker.
There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you. I been sayin' that shit for years. And if you ever heard it, it meant your ass. I never really questioned what it meant. I thought it was just a cold-blooded thing to say to a motherfucker before you popped a cap in his ass.
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:20 PM   #37
Tech Elite

Thats not exactly the same thing... I mean how do you think yokomo or associated or losi or anybody got their cars going? People probably thought they were all crap at first too? But they ended up being the best things out there. And I mean can pictures really do justice? I agree it looks cheap. But maybe its not? You do know that a lot of times you pay for the name? It doesnt cost that much to make these kits. it by no means costs $500+ to make an xray kit. But we still pay well over $500 for one

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

46.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot and have no real value or truth.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:28 PM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Thats not exactly the same thing... I mean how do you think yokomo or associated or losi or anybody got their cars going? People probably thought they were all crap at first too? But they ended up being the best things out there. And I mean can pictures really do justice? I agree it looks cheap. But maybe its not? You do know that a lot of times you pay for the name? It doesnt cost that much to make these kits. it by no means costs $500+ to make an xray kit. But we still pay well over $500 for one
Yeah but the difference is that Losi, Yokomo and Associated did not blantantly rip off anothers design.

Unfortunately the Chinese have a history of doing this.

http://forums.motortrend.com/70/6335...ffs/index.html
mkdut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:36 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Yes this is very true. Im not supporting them doing that at all. Im just saying maybe it is good and not a piece of crap like y'all are saying. And didn't Xray do the same thign with their car?

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

Old 11-04-2008, 04:00 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you. I been sayin' that shit for years. And if you ever heard it, it meant your ass. I never really questioned what it meant. I thought it was just a cold-blooded thing to say to a motherfucker before you popped a cap in his ass.
all right stopit with the pulp fiction rip-offs!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 04:33 PM   #41
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Yes this is very true. Im not supporting them doing that at all. Im just saying maybe it is good and not a piece of crap like y'all are saying. And didn't Xray do the same thign with their car?
It may very well be a good rip-off, but the fact that it is a rip-off makes me not like it. If this company was anywhere in the western world they would be shut down. The fact that they are a chinese company allows them to get away with it.
mkdut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:58 PM   #42
Tech Elite

I completely agree with that as well. But again. Didn't X-ray copy their current design from someone else?

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

Old 11-04-2008, 05:32 PM   #43
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
I completely agree with that as well. But again. Didn't X-ray copy their current design from someone else?
Like has been said many times in both of these threads, there's a big difference between taking some design cues from other successful products and straight-up copying them detail for detail.

Look at the 1:1 car world, or any other consumer product for that matter. Is every front engine, front drive car a rip-off of the original mini?
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:25 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Good point. I didn't think of the fact that X-ray only copied parts, not a full design.

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

Old 11-04-2008, 06:43 PM   #45
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Good point. I didn't think of the fact that X-ray only copied parts, not a full design.
They took a losi design for the new drive shafts and held the pins in with setscrews instead of heatshrink, Thats about it.