R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-25-2003, 12:25 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Opinion on 2nd charger

Currently i own a 16x5v6 and am looking to get a 2nd charger and would like to know opinion on both of these chargers:-

a)Integy 16x9v6 - i like this charger for the built in powersupply which i think should be able to power my 16x5 also...should it be able to do that..if it can it would be a nice choice so that i have lesser things(powersupply) to bring along to the track

b)T35GFX- this would be everyones favourite charger if they own one....this charger should be able to satisfy any EP racers for their battery management...my drawback on this charger would be 1)need a newer power supply as i only have a 12-14amp PS(i think as there is no label to it ..2)price is about twice of 16x9...and with the need of a newer higher amp power supply the price should go to about 3x the integy ones...1 good point to have this charger is bragging rights...LOL..."Hey mate, i own the best charger in the world"..haha

As i'm just a hobbyist with some matched packs but mostly of my packs are unmatched GP's..I would really be appreciative if u guys could help me choose a charger.

Or should i just get another 16x5v6 as i've tried powering using my PS and it's able to power 2 16x5v6 while both charging at 5amps...not sure if there's a false peak to the charging as it doesnt really shows on the track

By the way , price isnt really an objection as i could wait for a good deal on a T35 if i cant afford it brand new..what i'm not sure is whether if i really need the T35 as i wont be doing any matching myself or even use the motor run in features as i'm running brushless..

Why the need of 2 charger??1 for repeaking and another is for charging..

Any opinions of both charger from users is greatly appreciated
fReShJiVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 01:20 AM   #2
Shop Owner

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

I would suggest to buy the same charger. This way you will now that all your batteries charge/disharge excatly the same!

Nick

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong

Team Xray T4'17, Team Xray X10'18, TOP Racing Rebel
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 12:02 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

Hey, The 16x9 is a great charger I would go with that one if you can afford it. I have one myslef. Also I am pretty sure that the built in power supply will not power the other charger you have. It is internally in the charger and you cannot tap power from it. But if you wanted to run in the 16x19 on DC power you could.

Just my 2 cents
Matt_Prachar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 04:48 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

How about a CE pitbull. Inexpensive and will charge anything. I have a t35 and use my pitbull for regular charging and my t35 for discharging and motor maintenance and charging if needed.
sharkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 01:53 AM   #5
BG
Tech Addict

I am also contemplating on another charger. I was ready to order the CEGFX, until I noticed the B2 model of the Eagle racing charger, which includes a power supply.

Will these charges perform the same, is it worth paying another few hundred for a 30amp discharge and a Comm Truer feature?

What do you do
BG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 04:26 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have had a few 16x9's, the ones i had could easly support 2 chargers on 7 amps each, on ocasion i ran 3 on 5 and it was hard for the suply to keep up.
Mike Haynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 07:01 AM   #7
Tech Adept

i would say get the GFX.

having the ability to monitor your batteries and their condition is useful. and that 30 amp discharge is the standard how people measure their batts.

its gonna last you for quite a while, at least till lithium batts become standard.

look at it as an investment

if you really dont feel like burning so much money, i'd say get the Pulsar Competition, or Pulsar Sport charger.
versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 09:14 AM   #8
Tech Regular

Keep the advice/opinion going guys

there's quite a number of helpful ones...really appreciative for your times

thanks again
Old 09-26-2003, 10:07 AM   #9
Tech Master

Okay here's the low down, Integy chargers are Eagle racing chargers with different logos and stickers. As for a second charger, if you are looking for similar features in T35 but cannot afford the price, take a look at the LRP Pulsar Competition. It has motor break-in, adjustable delta peak, and LRP exclusive PCC charge system. I have a T35, but I bring the Pulsar whereever I go just because its smaller and easier to pack.
rc_bam226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 10:23 AM   #10
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Johnnytc3

Get the pulsar, you can power lathes and such, and another nice feature is that you can change the current on the fly while charging. I use my 16x5v6 for my main charging and the pulsar to cut comms break in motors. I still cant figure with one i like better (Although my backlight on my pulsar just went out )
Johnnytc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 11:00 AM   #11
Tech Adept

there's a thread in this forum about pulsars and also the problem with their backlights going out

i got my pulsar recently, 2 months back, and there's no problem with it.. a few other peeps at my area got the pulsar as well, no problems...

i think whatever problems the pulsar had back then is all fixed now.. with lifetime warranty you can't go wrong with it
versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 01:49 PM   #12
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnnytc3
Get the pulsar, you can power lathes and such, and another nice feature is that you can change the current on the fly while charging. I use my 16x5v6 for my main charging and the pulsar to cut comms break in motors. I still cant figure with one i like better (Although my backlight on my pulsar just went out )
my 16x5v6 backlight also went out ...i was told this was due to too much discharging packs back to back