R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-24-2003, 07:17 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Default Drag Race Forum

didn't see a drag race forum, though i'd see if any RC drag racers out there. i'm interested in some 1/10 scale drags, the size of our indoor track will only allow for a 1/10 scale 1/8 mile (66 feet) 1/8 mile drag are popular in this area anyway so i guess it fits. i was looking into a bolink pro-stock but availibity seems limited. can any one suggest another kit of drag race info? how about a retailer for the bolink drag cars?

Last edited by hyperformance; 09-24-2003 at 07:29 PM.
hyperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 07:21 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

I have seen a 7 cell Associated TC3 with a custom Hand wound 6 Turn motor. Needless to say it was pretty Quick....
Steevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 07:27 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Default cool

i'd like to set up bracket racing class at our track, this would allow anybody to run anything. i'm sure we'd end up with a lot of converted 10L's, front drive touring cars and insane 12th scales. i'd be cool to see 8 cell prostock go against a 12cell front drive touring car we'll need to limit cars to ESC so we can have some brakes due to limited space, run too fast with a micro-switch and it'll go home in a dustpan
Old 09-24-2003, 07:39 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Intermision Send a message via Yahoo to Intermision

Front wheel sedan. That would be a cool drag class.
Intermision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 08:35 PM   #5
Tech Adept

ah man ive been waiting for a thread like this!
i want to get into drag racing but first i would REALLY like to know the different classes??
(number of cells pro-stock,funny cars etc...)
crono man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 09:43 AM   #6
Tech Regular

Default crono

we want to keep our classes really open to get attendance. that is why i'm suggesting bracket racing, it will allow different type cars to run against one another. i can see drag classes getting out of hand quick cause so many different configurations of cars could be present. i'm sure the time honored classes will be rail-car, funny car, pro-stock. i guess from there you could have some "street: type classes like touring car, front drive, ect. i know we will need a 12th scale class 7 will need to figure how to group converted pan cars.

any suggestions on starting lights or timing system?

what do guys think a stock 6cell touring car would run in a scale 1/8th mile.... 1.5 - 2 seconds???