R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-08-2004, 01:01 PM   #1366
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

www.cefx.net
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 09:32 PM   #1367
Tech Master

Pro Ten Holland - When I raced for Associated they actually made a prototype 1/10 car that we deemed the 1/11 scale car. It was the same width as the Super Speedway cars but it was proportionally shrunk so that the wheel base was shorter than usual. I qualified 2nd at the IFMAR Worlds and finished 3rd with it. It didn't catch on though and the 1/10 class died a few years later. Now, I think that same format but with 4 cells would be great - 4 or 5 minute races with that same size car....

Brent - Thanks! We just added more set-ups and hopefully I can find the rest of my sheets for my Evolva... Then there will be a good selection of sheets on there!!
Old 06-09-2004, 09:47 PM   #1368
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing

hello josh....

my xray spins out easilly under throttle......I adjusted the rear diff as loose as I could (it doesn't slips), and the result was the same, I tried to tight my front diff, just to my car wash out on the corners then I supposed that loosing some steering I would be able to accelerate more when the car is coming out of the corner.....finally the car reduced the spining out problems, but still not good.....
I have no parameter to compare my diff adjusting, can you help me by telling me how do you tight your front diff??? If you can compare the diff hardness to nitro cars diffs (ex: 50000wt oil) you'll help me a lot.

thanks!!!!

O.S. Engines - KM RACING - CONTACT TYRES - SAVOX - LRP - ARC | Blitz | Titan
SalvadoriRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 09:55 PM   #1369
Tech Fanatic

Does it do it one direction and not the other? Could be a bent hingepin, or droop not being equal right to left. Is the car tweaked?

Or, is it only under acceleration while you're not turning. If that's the case, then I'm not sure what else it could be.

Rob
Rob Mincey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 10:07 PM   #1370
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing

the droop, camber, toe in/out are perfectly adjusted.....

my car spins out when is accelerate the car coming out of tight corners.....the handling is goods on high speed corners...

Old 06-10-2004, 09:30 AM   #1371

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Josh, I agree on the 1/11th scale idea. I do have my questions about using 4 cells. However, that would make it easier for indoor 1/12th scalers to run two classes: indoor 1/12th, outdoor 1/11th. Perhaps it could be done like old school 1/12th club rules: 4 cells mod OR 6 cells stock. Could you be interested to take the lead in this, by competing with such a car at the nats?
Old 06-10-2004, 09:34 AM   #1372
Tech Elite

Josh, is Ralph going to make it out to Portland?
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 06:57 PM   #1373
Tech Master

Salvadori - What surface are you on?? (Asphalt, carpet) - What tires are you on? (foam, rubber - what kind?). How much rear toe-in are you running?? My rear diff is usually as loose as possible without it slipping... The front diff depends on the track - usually from 7,000-20,000.... If I need it "thicker" feeling than that I will just run a solid front axle.

Pro ten Holland - I'm not sure about that as it would be another car for me to make as well as bodies - as it is I am very far behind right now!! Ask me when we are about 3-5 months before the race...lol...

Neil - I dunno... I think so...
Old 06-10-2004, 06:58 PM   #1374
Tech Adept

Yo Josh!!! Blah blah blah...okay, bye!
Aaron Bomia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 07:12 PM   #1375
Tech Fanatic

thanks josh....

i'm running rubber on asphalt....i tried some rear toe in adjusments.....1.5, 2.0 and 3 degrees, then I back to 1.5º again....
i'm running white springs, 30w shock oil with 3holes front and 4 holes rear.....
I have 2 cars, I used to run mods on my schumacher at the same track (usually triple and quad winds), now i'm running 19T (single wind) on my Xray, would the bottom end of my motor cause spining out since I got used to accelerate too much when coming out of the corner running triple/quad winds motors???? maybe I'll have to change my driving skill......

Old 06-10-2004, 08:57 PM   #1376
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default SMC Batts

Hi Josh! like you, I run SMC packs. I would like to ask your opinion of the new packs cycled at 35 amps. Is there a performance benefit over the current top of the line SMC matched packs (30 amp S packs) that the average experienced racer can feel? For someone of your caliber, how big a difference is there? Thanks.

Jayjay
jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 10:11 PM   #1377
Tech Master

Aaron - Ok...........bye!!

SalvadoriRacing - The bottom end of the motor or your driving shouldn't make the car spin out. Go to www.cefx.net and set-up/tips area... Get my set-up from the 04' Reedy Race and try that.... How much rear camber are you running and what tires are you running??
Old 06-10-2004, 10:17 PM   #1378
Tech Master

jedi - I like the 35 amp packs especially in sedan and and form of stock racing. They usually have more punch in stock but in mod there is a very noticable difference. For the carpet nats they sent packs that were done at 30 instead of the 35 like we had been running since the beginning of the year. While the packs tested the same and ran good on the track - the ones that were matched at 35 did have more power and it equaled about 2-3 seconds of improvement on a 5 min run.... In 1/12 mod it's a toss up since running a consistant pace is always the best, but in that case I still used the 35 amp packs but just charged them softer (5 amps) to get that more level voltage for the 8 minute run....
Old 06-10-2004, 10:19 PM   #1379
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Josh Cyrul
jedi - I like the 35 amp packs especially in sedan and and form of stock racing. They usually have more punch in stock but in mod there is a very noticable difference. For the carpet nats they sent packs that were done at 30 instead of the 35 like we had been running since the beginning of the year. While the packs tested the same and ran good on the track - the ones that were matched at 35 did have more power and it equaled about 2-3 seconds of improvement on a 5 min run.... In 1/12 mod it's a toss up since running a consistant pace is always the best, but in that case I still used the 35 amp packs but just charged them softer (5 amps) to get that more level voltage for the 8 minute run....
hey josh i know you race for kyosho ,but have you done any testing on the fw-05r? if so do you have any pointers? thanks
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 10:21 PM   #1380
Tech Addict

Josh....put the factory kit together and went out to the gate and ran 5 tenths faster than I did the previous week with the TC3. the car was very good. Chicky had a couple suggestions but it was waaay better than the evo 2 I had. Quick question for you about xray shocks. what is the difference between changing shock oil or changing how many holes are open on the piston. I had 40 weight Xray oil in with 4 holes open. I had a little bit too much initial turn in and might have been over rotating a little..chicky suggested thicker oil. is there a corresponding adjustment to be made to the piston that would replace rebuilding the shock with different oil...(i hate building the xray shocks)???

Thanks

Eric
Joneser is offline   Reply With Quote