R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-13-2004, 12:24 PM   #901
Tech Master

trackdesigner71 - lol.. I have TC3 parts but they are just going to hang around here (dad has cars to race with..lol). As far as the Worlds, I haven't seen the track but hopefully I've learned more since the last worlds and I can apply it to get a better result - no predictions....

Mike D - Thanks, I'll check it out...

SalvadoriRacing - I'm not sure what I ran, Troy built the motor!!...lol..

freeman - Hmm, is that the plastic chassis car?? I haven't tried that one yet so I'm not sure what to tell you....

Dave - LOL!!!!

OB42TC3 - I think I had the origional engines. They may have sent the evo 2 samples for the ROAR Nats though - they were very quick!!!

whynot - I did send in my entry for both 1/8 and TC... I hope they got it!!!

dr_hfuhuhurr - Short a-arms. The car is very good and very easy to drive. I'm just trying a lot of things right now to try and get the car to my liking. I think I found a very good set-up to work from now!! I'll post it on mytsn....

JCB - Quicker response and much better corner speed!! I like the short a-arms much better!!

Proficar403 - stiff front roll bar, less castor, less camber change...

Intel - I build them stock, nothing special....
Old 01-13-2004, 12:38 PM   #902
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Thanks Josh. Now if mere mortals can get a hold of those short arms.

Can you or anyone post close up pics of the short arm setup?

Blake

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 12:42 PM   #903
JCB
Tech Addict

Hey Josh,

Thanks for the quick response. I will look into getting those arms for my XRAY. had a question for you.....How/where do you measure the front and rear droop on the car? Front: under the screw or arm? Rear: under the arm or the part where the set screw goes in? Also what's a good setting for droop Front/Rear?

Lastly,

When I set the front Anti-dive to 3 degrees the front of my cars raises way up. I can't get it to go under 6mm ride height. I'm also using the front carpet shock tower and my tires are 57mm.
Help very appreciated......

thanks again,
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 03:18 PM   #904
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Josh, It is the T1 with the graphite chassis. Has five battery slots on left side three on right side. But is woven graphite. I beleive it was before the evo2. And another question do you use the adjustable shocks or regular shock pistons. Also Smokey MTN raceway will be hosting the Norrca on-road Nationals March 10-14 will you be there or know of anyone that will. You can see pictures of track at East Tennessee forum under Smokey MTN website thread. Thanks to your help to all of us.
freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 05:18 PM   #905
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Josh

I ordered my evolva and should have it by the end of the week. do the mugen rims/tires fit on it ? . Is there going to be a body made for it with all the cut out and hole marks on it .Is there any where on the web that I can see all your tips and set ups for this car or are they included with the car. thanks
mike.
whynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 12:22 AM   #906
Tech Fanatic

Yes Fast Tires for the Mugen Mrx3 fit the evolva. What we want is set-up sheet formatted info for low/high/bumpy etc..Tracks... I also just ordered mine and would like any tips and tricks you may know of to make building it and driving it easier!

Thanks in advance Josh!

EXTREME IMPORTANCE!!!!

Dude! You probrably do not remember me from the Miami on road fuel Nats... But I would like to ask you some questions about your sirio .21 engines... Could you e-mail me?

UDAMAN!
NitroHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 01:26 AM   #907
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing
Unhappy

hi josh.....

why a pulse charger hurts NIMH cells??

and how does anti squat setting affect on car handling???
i always ran 1/10 200mm nitro and i don't know how to deal with this.......

O.S. Engines - KM RACING - CONTACT TYRES - SAVOX - LRP - ARC | Blitz | Titan
SalvadoriRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 01:55 AM   #908
Tech Rookie

Default TC3 Diff

Hi Josh,

thanks for the quick reply,

did you use the steel diff outdrives or the composite ones?

lastly, if i want to use losi rear hubs on the TC3, what other parts do I need to change

thanks

Intel
Intel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 05:54 AM   #909
TC3
Tech Regular

@josh
what is the difference between running, light shock oil with small pistons, and running heavy shock oil with big pistons ?
i am running rubber tires on carpet.
thx
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 10:31 AM   #910
Tech Fanatic

Default Twitchy Car

Josh, what are some of the things that can contribute to make a TC twitchy or hard to drive. I'm having a hard time figuring out what changes I make that make the car twitchy. Besides tweak, uneven droop or shock length, or tire size I'm guessing bump steer, ackerman settings, under dampened front shocks. You're thoughts on this please.

One other thing I noticed when playing with the bump steer on my TC3 that as I added spacers under the ballstud on the steering knuckles I seemed to gain more corner speed. Does this seem correct?
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 11:08 AM   #911
Tech Regular

Josh,

When's that new truck body going to be approved?
Unregistered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 04:26 PM   #912
Tech Master

dr_hfuhuhurr - I'll work on the pics....

JCB - I measure from the lowest point - set screw boss in the rear and the screw head in the front. WIth foam tires at 58mm I ran 1.5mm in the rear and .5mm droop in the front. You don't mean anti-dive, you mean kick-up right? I don't know what to tell you there - I never run kick-up in my car but I do see how the shock springs would be too long for you to adjust them to get down to 4-5mm ride height....

freeman - Ahh, ok. I use regular shock pistions. As far as the Norrca Nats, I'm not sure who is going or if I will be....

whynot - The car should include the set-ups (I may be wrong). Also, it does use the same rims as a Mugen...

NitroHead - Ask your questions here, that way others can read and I don't have to answer the same question 50 times... As far as the car - build it from the kit!! No tricks to it!! As far as a set-up sheet I'll try to post something here or on our CEFX web site soon.

SalvadoriRacing - I not sure about the pulse charging. Anti-squat gives more steering off throttle but more rear bite on-throttle.

Intel - With my TC3 I ran aluminum diffs, same with my Xray. WIth the Losi car I used the composite. No other parts needed to run Losi hubs on a TC3.

TC3 - Bigger pistions - more roll, smaller pistions - less chassis roll and quicker responce (less traction)....

slow - Possibly, it depends on your car and it's balance. As far as the twitchy part - A lot of that can come down the body that you use, tires and camber....

Unregistered - HU??
Old 01-14-2004, 04:28 PM   #913
FTSPEEDWAY

Hey Josh this is Dave the asst race director of Full Throttle Speedway. If you come down the Snowbirds you should come check out the site for the 2004 on road Worlds. We are about 15-20 minutes from the Ramada in Orlando. if you have any questions you can pm me and answer your questions.
Old 01-14-2004, 04:59 PM   #914
JCB
Tech Addict

Josh,

Thanks again for all you help. I really appreciate it! I will try the setting out. As for the "Anti-Dive" question, That's the term that XRAY uses in their setup book.

BTW, you going to the Florida WinterNats in Feb? I didn't see your name on the entry list. Hope to see you there.

-JCB

Last edited by JCB; 01-14-2004 at 05:13 PM.
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 06:06 PM   #915
Tech Fanatic

Cool Josh, I understand... Guess I'll wait until I see you again.
NitroHead is offline   Reply With Quote