R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-05-2004, 09:26 AM   #871
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Josh RE: Helios

I plan to use an LRP PHASER or NOVAL XXL on my other ride together with the EX-10 Helios Tx. Will the High Response/ Advance response still work if I use a non KO (302) receiever?
I will still be using digital servos?
Are the recievers mentioned at the same technology as the 302 reciever? which will be better to use with the Helios?

Thanks - Lem
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 09:38 AM   #872
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Another question: tire size for foams. You ran the TC3 at the Birds last year, where did you start for tire size? I know with mod you prolly ran them really small to avoid roll overs, but what about 19T? Any suggestions? I want to get an idea so i can cut a set to get my droop done on the car. Thanks!
- Dave
Old 01-05-2004, 10:41 AM   #873
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to MattW

Lem, the phasar is either the KO 297 or KO 301 depending on which phasar it is. I asked Novak about xxl's, they say they don't work with the Helios.
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 11:36 AM   #874
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Flack

Lem2.. The only way the high speed response will work is with the newest receiver.. the 302...
Bobby Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 11:47 AM   #875
Tech Elite

Default Thanks

Matt & Bobby!
those small recievers are a quite expensive 302, guess I'll just use velcro to switch themover frm one car to another!

But the helios will work withthe Phaser,without the fast response? did I got that right?
Old 01-05-2004, 12:37 PM   #876
Tech Champion

Default Re: Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by lem2
Matt & Bobby!
those small recievers are a quite expensive 302, guess I'll just use velcro to switch themover frm one car to another!

But the helios will work withthe Phaser,without the fast response? did I got that right?
I'm using my Helios with the phaser receivers with no problems, just turn the little swith behind the module to regular speed.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 01:35 PM   #877
Tech Master

SalvadoriRacing - Sorry about that - I charge my batteries at 6amps for 1/12 and 7 for TC. I discharge them to .9 per cell (3.6 for 4 cell and 5.4 for 6 cells) @30amps.

Jeff - Thanks for the info! I also recieved your e-mail - I'll write you back in a bit!

SpeediePhatt - It depends on your radio system. If you have the newer high responce type I would definatly use the digitals - these new systems were developed with the digital servos. If you have an old system (pre-Mars-R) then I would stick with the analog type.....

Windsorguy - I recieved 80% of the sample parts today and things are being put into production. I should have some of the first production parts this week!!

lem2 - Nope, you have to use Ko's reciever to take benifit from the H/R set-up. You can use digital servos but the reciever drops the H/R system right back down to the old levels...

DaveW - I started at 2.28 - 2 runs of practice and then I raced them at 2.25-2.22.....

lem - Yep!!!

Matt - Right, you just loose the H/R speed....
Old 01-05-2004, 01:41 PM   #878
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K
Default Helios with aftermarket REC.

FYI...you can use the Novak XXL and Switch receivers with the Helios and still get the High Response. Novak said that their receivers still process faster then the radios do.....and I have tired it and it works no problem. Just so you know and dont have to spend 100+ bucks on a stock receiver to keep the H/R speed.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 02:44 PM   #879
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing

Quote:
Originally posted by Josh Cyrul
SalvadoriRacing - Sorry about that - I charge my batteries at 6amps for 1/12 and 7 for TC. I discharge them to .9 per cell (3.6 for 4 cell and 5.4 for 6 cells) @30amps.
wow...

what's the peak sensivity for 6cells on touring cars???
how many races do you run with the same cells without loosing performance and runtime???

i have a nitro question but i need to ask....will you come here in brazil to run the 1/10 preworlds and/or world championship???

O.S. Engines - KM RACING - CONTACT TYRES - SAVOX - LRP - ARC | Blitz | Titan
SalvadoriRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 05:42 PM   #880
Tech Initiate

Default Roll Centers and Such

I have a question about your 1/12th car. Is the front roll center higher than ground plane? As it is not practical to lower the rear roll center below the ground (will get too much roll steer), I was wondering if you found it good practice to try lowering the front roll center to stop roll "jacking", even though you cannot get the rear to do the same. Also, if you could lower the rear roll center a little more, do you see any advantages?

While we are on the subject of roll centers, I am now running a TC3 and have just lowered the front roll center by cutting down the "F+0" and "F" hinge pin blocks (took them down the full 0.100"!!!). Did you ever play with this on the TC3, and if so by how much? I read in Barry's Cleveland interview that he has been playing with them, I was wondering if that is new.

Also, I was looking into an X-Ray (Danny keeps bugging me that I should look at one!!) and was wondering what are the major geometry differences between your car and the stock one? I know you are running the short arms (from the 1/12th tourer?) and special bulkheads (lowered diffs for the smaller low ratio pulleys?), but are the arm mounts stock, and stuff like that.

I appreciate that these are not normal questions, and that you might not feel comfortable answering them, but inquiring minds want to know. I am pleased for you that you are now out on your own, and am confident that we will all benefit from it!

Lots of questions, so little space...

Phil Matthews #99
pilmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 09:21 PM   #881
Tech Master

Jeff Werner- I can neither confirm nor deny these alligations at this time. They are impressive though.......

Josh - email away, i'll look for it.

Jeff
Old 01-06-2004, 08:13 AM   #882
Tech Master

Kevin - I tend to believe Ko more than Novak on that one....

SalvadoriRacing - I use .02-.03 for my peak detect. If you take good care of your packs you can run them for months at top performance....

pilmat - I've asked lots of people how to figure out the front roll center on a 1/12 car and no one can give me an answer...lol... We've tried lowering and raising the rear roll center and on certain tracks it does improve the car - just depends on the track... I never lowered my TC3 roll centers that much. I only did .040... My car has the short a-arms but it does use the standard suspension mounts, standard bulkheads, I do use the 1.77 drive train ratio....
Old 01-06-2004, 08:42 AM   #883
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Josh: Thanx for the input! Can i tie a string from my car to yours and just try to steer mine to 2ND spot?! Ill run block on all the other guys behind us and "take one for the team"!

- Dave
Old 01-06-2004, 09:20 AM   #884
Tech Elite

Default Thanks

Josh, appreciateit!!

MattHoward and KevinK! Thanks also for the inputs!

Peace to all and Happy Racing!
Old 01-06-2004, 11:07 AM   #885
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Josh....Ok.....But it does work.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote