R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-01-2003, 08:29 PM   #676
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

There have been some anti-Trinity comments made in some posts on other threads that I've seen..

The only problem I've had with Trinity is the same problem that I've had with Microsoft...they seem to grow through acquisistions...and then eliminate products previously produced by the acquired company because it's viewed as a competing product...and is therefore redundant since it makes no sense to compete against themselves...

Left unchecked that process would lead to a monopoly which would result in stagnation of the product...

That being said...it's almost as hard to imagine an RC landscape without Trinity as it would be to imagine the PC world without Microsoft....of course...we used to think the same thing about IBM...and they're no longer the force they once were...
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 12:35 AM   #677
Tech Regular

Josh, what width tires do you run on carpet for your touring car, and their respective colors?
Jay Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 12:53 AM   #678
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT

Hi Josh! It was a very impressive debut for the new CEFX car over at the champs. Saw some pics of the "controversial" finish in the A-Final for 12th in the other thread and judging from that, it really looks like Spash crossed first. its really a shame though that they didnt make it official and award the win to david. but all in all, i think it proved without a doubt that you've got a killer car there! .... great job! im sure we'll be seeing a lot of wins for the CEFX 12th scale in the future! more power!

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 04:49 PM   #679
Tech Master

Hey Guys, sorry for the delay in getting back on here. As you know I've been busy as well as super tired. I will try to get to all the questions and posts but if I miss anything please ask again!!!

I would also like to thank the crew who puts on Cleveland every year!! It was a great race once again this year!!! I would also like to thank everyone for all the kind words about me and CEFX!! It means a lot to me and I really appreciate the support!!!
Old 12-02-2003, 04:59 PM   #680
Tech Master

You just rest up so ya can get that car into production. I was going to get my 12th scale rebuilt so I could run it again but after seeing yours and seeing how fast it can be with such short time to work the bugs out. I threw that old pile of mine in a box and am going to wait till I can drive a real car. Props to you guys for such a good showing. Cant wait to see what your gonna do with more time to prepare.
Old 12-02-2003, 05:00 PM   #681
Tech Master

Barry - I'm not farmiliar with the Yokomo front end... The CEFX front end does have dampening..

sands - The shorter a-arms definatly change directions faster and I think carry a lot more corner speed than the long arms (my first impression).

429racer - I really like Jaco's tires especially in TC. I think they have more traction (especially forward bite) and carry the same or more corner speed....

David - Hit the nail on the head...lol... By the end I think my car was actually better than David's but we did learn a lot and I look forward to applying it to the production car....

RBLove - Thanks!! Congrats to you also for the A-main run!!!

ENERGY Racing - It depends on the drivers preference. When I raced for Asc I had it up on the mounts. When I raced for Trinity I liked it flat on the chassis. Now on our CEFX car it's kinda between. It depends on the bump-steer (front end geomitry greatly varies this) as well as driver preference....

Jay Dub - I use Jaco DoublePink/Orange fronts and Jaco Double Pink rears...

ROBORAT - Thanks!!
Old 12-02-2003, 05:02 PM   #682
Tech Master

SpeediePHATT - Thanks!! Hopefully we can revise a few things that should really improve the cars performance and consistancy. It is nerve racking trying to make products for the rest of the world to scrutinize...lol...
Old 12-02-2003, 05:06 PM   #683
Tech Master

Just so everyone knows - Neither Spashett or myself put in a protest about the 1/12 mod finish. I will admit that I did write one up and I was ready to submit it but after thinking things through I decided to congratulate John Orr on a great drive and let things be. I am very proud of what was done in a short time and I am looking forward to the future - Next time I hope we are fast enough so there won't need to be a camera on the line...lol...
Old 12-02-2003, 05:09 PM   #684
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

JC
When can I get 10 or so of the 1/12 scale bodies for my guys?
Who should I contact?
coastaltony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 05:11 PM   #685
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS STORTI

Josh Congrats! on the debut and performance of the new 1/12
and wheeling your Xray into the show
DENNIS STORTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 05:38 PM   #686
Tech Rookie

Josh,
I saw in a picture of your TC3 that you used to run, it looked like you had front arms on the rear of the car. Is that correct? If so, what was the advantage? I also read once that you used a (F) front arm mount in place of the (R) mount in the rear. Was this to lower the roll center? How did it work? Thanks for any help.

P.S. The new 12th looks great. When and where will it be available?
HotrodGT*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 06:25 PM   #687
Tech Master

hi josh,

would you be able to send me some of your set-up sheet for 1/8th EVOLVA. especially for the track at queensland(Australia).

here is my e-mail [email protected]
T-shirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 06:47 PM   #688
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Adam Hartzell

Josh- Nice weekend bro!!!! Also, I love the body! My Quad 12 is .5 seconds a lap faster just by switching to it.
Adam Hartzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 07:13 PM   #689
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Congrats on your first big race with the Xray, Josh. Could you post your setup? Hopefully, the short A arms will be available to everyone in a month or so.

Also, any ideas what Hudy may produce to improve performance on carpet with foam tires? I'm already looking into getting a thicker, full width top deck made to stiffen the car. And have been running my radius rod mod on the front to reduce front arm/c block flex.
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 07:38 PM   #690
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Josh Cyrul
Just so everyone knows - Neither Spashett or myself put in a protest about the 1/12 mod finish. I will admit that I did write one up and I was ready to submit it but after thinking things through I decided to congratulate John Orr on a great drive and let things be. I am very proud of what was done in a short time and I am looking forward to the future - Next time I hope we are fast enough so there won't need to be a camera on the line...lol...
Class act my friend !
After talking with Mr. Bill , nothing was gonna change any way. Basically he said " we go by the transponders no matter what it looks like " . At least he did take a look , and the photo angles , and undefined " actual" finish line make it impossible to tell .
Bob
RCsilly is offline   Reply With Quote