R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-23-2003, 07:01 AM   #616
Tech Master

A little info for everyone who is going to Cleveland!!

"Josh,
Approval has been issued for CEFX PN 14501-1 1/12 Cadillac C-900 LMP and expires on 11/22/2006. The first available update to the ROARracing website will be this Thursday, and with it being a holiday it may not get posted that day. If there are any questions please give me a call.

Thanks,

Bob Ingersoll
ROAR Technical Director"
Old 11-23-2003, 07:04 AM   #617
Tech Master

Eirik - Thanks!!!

JohnnyRingo - Nope, I will still be with Kyosho for all 1/8 on and off-road racing as well as Kyosho's 200mm sedan...

Dennis - I'm not really sure...lol.. Yesterday was only my 2nd time ever running my Xray. I'm testing all sorts of stuff because I just don't know the set-ups and what the car can do.....
Old 11-23-2003, 07:09 AM   #618
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Flack

uhhh.. What time are you getting to the track? Ok, I didnt mean that. lol
Bobby Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 07:43 AM   #619
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Josh Cyrul
A little info for everyone who is going to Cleveland!!

"Josh,
Approval has been issued for CEFX PN 14501-1 1/12 Cadillac C-900 LMP and expires on 11/22/2006. The first available update to the ROARracing website will be this Thursday, and with it being a holiday it may not get posted that day. If there are any questions please give me a call.

Thanks,

Bob Ingersoll
ROAR Technical Director"
I'll be running them !!!!!
RCsilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 02:09 PM   #620
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Adam Hartzell

Great news on the bodies. Now only if I can find some.
Adam Hartzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 03:59 PM   #621
Tech Elite

Josh, What difference does mounting the servo flat and mounting it on a angle make in a 1/12 car ? I have a CRC 6 pack. See ya in Cleveland.
Chris Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 04:12 PM   #622
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Josh Cyrul
Windsorguy - It's just GE lexan...lol... Nothing fancy... Also, I will promise everyone now...lol... I will not make a Stratus!!!

Matt - With the servo up you will tend to have more steering in highspeed corners. With it down you will have more steering in hairpins - just remember to adjust for bumpr steer - this makes a huge difference!!
I asked the same question a couple days ago
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 07:00 PM   #623
Tech Elite

Matt, thanks. I looked for the answer but didn't look far enough back.
I just have to figure out how far forward or in general figure out where to mount the servo for Cleveland. I have driven 1/12 but never owned one. All the small things make a big difference.
Old 11-23-2003, 07:43 PM   #624
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

First 12th scale, and your first race will be Cleveland??

Nothing like jumping in with both feet!!! There will be plenty of helpful advice to be had at Cleveland I'm sure. The big guys will be there, as well as a fairly sizeable Canadian contingent. Just make sure you get there early enough to get some practice time and most of all...Good luck and Enjoy!!
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 08:12 PM   #625
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Chris, look at the first page of RC Tech and click on the Haloween race report. I took a few pictures of some 1/12th scale cars. That should help you out some. Good luck!

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 08:46 PM   #626
Tech Elite

Windsorguy, Scott Smithers is helping with my cars tomorrow. I should be fine. I will probably give it a shakedown tues. If work didn't take so much time I would be better prepared. LOL!!! To many hours of work and time on the road. Scott has been a lot of help. You could do a lot worse for a guy to help ya. Walter Henderson has been helpful as well. He always answers my questions. I more worried about it not handling than i am my driving. If it handles I can only blame myself for the rest.I think I may go down and run at the gate on Wed. afternoon. But then again maybe I can blame Scott. Hmmmm!!! LOL!! It should be a blast. I think I may go down and run at the gate on Wed. afternoon.
Old 11-23-2003, 08:54 PM   #627
Tech Rookie

In a picture of your TC3, it looked like you had front arms on the rear of the car. Is that right? If so, what was the advantage? Also, I read once that you used a (F) arm mount in place of the (R) mount in the rear. Was that to change the roll center? Did it give it more rear traction entering the turn?
Thanks for any help.
HotrodGT*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 03:46 AM   #628
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default hey chris its rick........

hey buddy howd your off road season go? the take off race what do you think of stock rubber and mod foam? kinda screws people with one car up eh?...
hey josh annie from magma asked me if you were interested in coming to toronto for the take off race? scotty earnst and paul lemeiux are both coming again along with some great canadian drivers...ill send you the info if you would like and ill get the info for the hobby shop for ya too so i can flip some of those wonderful bodys!
hey chris you should pick up one of those cefx bodys they are sweet!!!!! shaved a bunch of tenths off me!!
SKY RC
Exotek
endler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 07:11 AM   #629
Tech Elite

The offroad season went very well. I won a 4 of 5 before the sprucewood invitational where Dave Henry was a little to fast to catch. My throttle linkage was sticking. I doubt I could have caught him anyways. Next summer I'm going for the offroad title at Full Throttle Raceway in 1/8th and 1/10th. I still havn't seen one of Josh's 1/12 bodies. I will talk to Josh in Cleveland. Martin Crisp just changes the springs on his car for rubber. He runs mod with the same car. He said the car felt better with that set-up than his regular rubber tire set-up. Gota go. Yeah it kinda makes it tough. It depends on how much time in between heats. I probably wouldn't bother. It's way to time consuming to change car settings.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:30 AM   #630
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

RBLove,

Tamiya makes the one that I have. I don't know if it's the same one Josh has. I know Ride sells one too. They look identical and work the same way. I email you the part number if I can dig it up.

See ya Wed!

Socko
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote