R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-12-2003, 04:23 PM   #436
Tech Master

trackdesigner - My fav r/c moment was when the ROAR 1/12 Nats were in Georgia (I think 7 years ago). I had tq'ed the 1/12 Mod class and Joel Johnson had qualified 3rd. In the first final Joel took the win, In the 2nd final I won and in the 3rd we changed the lead over 15 times. I had passed Joel on the 2nd to last lap for the lead and thought I had it won. Unfortunetly the straight was 200ft long and I dumped comming onto the straight. Funny enough, Joel did as well so we both crawled down the straight, side by side slamming into each other. We crashed at the finish line and tumbled across. Joel's car was on top of mine and we tied on the computer. When they looked at the camera they had their it showed that Joel's car beat mine to the line by about 1/4 of an inch... The best part was that after we crossed the line Joel turned and looked at me and said that that was the best race of career - That meant a lot to me being that I grew up watching Joel race all the major events knowing that he had been in so many with so many great drivers...

Mark - You have to shave a little off the ears of the servo... It's normal..

Tim - The Asc. style by Trinity is very flexible, I wouldn't reccomend it. I like the tie-rods much better.

Aaron and Greg - LMAO!!!

Cypress - Ummm, no, I didn't...lol....
Josh Cyrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 04:26 PM   #437
Tech Master

SteveG - Where did you find those???...lol... That was a very good year for me!! That was the last year of the Street Weapon!!! Those are some good memories!!!
Josh Cyrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 04:42 PM   #438
Tech Regular

Hi Josh
I run an asso tc3 indoor carpet with rubber tyres, I use sorex 24 ,HPI green inserts, purple springs and 60w oil all round, front standard sway bar, 2mm front droop and 3mm rear droop. My problem is the car traction roll. Should I use harder inserts or change the suspension set up,thanks
caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 05:00 PM   #439
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Josh, good times they were. You had such a killer run. Very happy for you, lets hope things are VERY KILLER in the near future.
coastaltony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 05:01 PM   #440
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Super star... is what i am hearing true ??????

Later...

Mike
Mike Blackstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 06:16 PM   #441
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Josh,

Can't wait to see all the new stuff you have cooked up for CEFX. Could there be a return of Stage III in the future???

Brian
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 07:17 PM   #442
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Josh Cyrul
SteveG - Where did you find those???...lol... That was a very good year for me!! That was the last year of the Street Weapon!!! Those are some good memories!!!

I found them here Josh, in the photo albums

Hey when your 12th scale cars are ready to ship send me an email, I'll park my 12L3 and campaign your car at Honda House. I'll see too if I can talk the boss into stocking a couple at the shop.

[email protected]
SteveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 09:21 PM   #443
Tech Fanatic

caveman - I know this is an Ask Josh Cyrul forum. But I think I could answer your question too. You'll probably also want Josh to give you his opinion. But I think the best way to prevent traction rolling is to limit suspension droop. So you could try mabey 4mm in front and 5mm in rear. Just my .02.
racerdx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 11:25 PM   #444
Tech Master

caveman - Try dropping to 40wt rear oil, Red springs or Copper springs. Do you measure the droop with the Asc guage?? If so, set it to 4mm rear droop and 6mm front droop. Also try running Sorex 28's or 32's up front....

coastaltony - I hope so!!

Mike - What's true??...lol.. That I'm racing for SMC, Jaco, Fantom, Xray for Cleveland?? Yes, it is!!! I also will be working with Mr. Spashett and I will be driving prototype CEFX 1/12 cars along with the new C-LMP900 1/12 body....

Brian - Nope, Stage III is no more....

SteveG - LOL... Ok, thanks for the support!!
Old 11-13-2003, 12:15 AM   #445
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Josh: Congrats on the new rides. Im sure that they will appreciate your professionalism and support to the rc community. This will be a great thing for you and the companies that you will be representing. Goodluck.
Old 11-13-2003, 05:21 AM   #446
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

JOSH- just a quik ? which chassis are you going to run, or which is better for the carpet, the graphite or the composit? the XRAY is an awesome ride. GOOD LUCK

The ONE that DIES with the Most Toys WINS!!!
ICEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 05:54 AM   #447
Tech Addict

X-ray !!! Awe man congrat's... Now can i have your TC3

Do you plan on coming down here for any practice before cleveland ?? they left the same layout as the holloween race...

Later

Mike

Last edited by Mike Blackstock; 11-13-2003 at 06:46 AM.
Mike Blackstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 06:19 AM   #448
Tech Elite

Josh: You're running for X-Ray now, Sweet!!!! I'm sure you'll have some excellent set-up insight for the rest of us to learn from.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 06:58 AM   #449
Tech Master

Roger - Thanks!!!

ICEMAN - I don't even have a car yet!!!....lol... Give me a few days to get my stuff and hit the track!!...lol...

Mike - My TC3, ummm... NO....LOL... I think that's Dad's TC for Cleveland!!.. Practicing down there I think I will but not until at least Sunday or Monday....
Old 11-13-2003, 07:03 AM   #450
Tech Master

Hi friends. greetings from Malta.

Whilst I have followed Josh's progress closely for years I only actually managed to meet him briefly once, at the World in England in 98. My son - also called Josh, raced in the touring cars there.

Josh and David Spashett were great buddies then and I'm sure still are. Both real decent chaps. I have seen and spoken to David on 3 or 4 occasions since.

So how do I see the future.

Josh and David are already racing CEFX 1/12th cars.

Josh is an intellgent, business minded young man. He wants his company to grow. And the biggest growth area in RC is touring cars. He obviously realises that.

How long before we see Josh and David race CEFX touring cars?

Josh, you don't have to answer this one. Time will tell.

Good luck to both of you.

We hope to be doing the Reedy race in England in July. We may see you and your new CEFX touring car there!!!!!!!!

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote