R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-03-2003, 06:28 PM   #316
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Flack

He totally resdesigned the geometry on that car so the setup he ran might not work well on a stock Street weapon.
Bobby Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 07:32 AM   #317
Tech Master

Mr. Doucakis - You have mail!

John - Ok, I'll e-mail him...

proudwinner - It's been a long time but I think it was because I used smaller hole front pistions....
Josh Cyrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 07:58 AM   #318
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Josh - thanks for your recomendatations to me for 1/12 mod. They really helped me and I took 3rd in the A main in the first Trinity ORL race. One thing that I might do differently is leave a little more meat on the tires and not true them down so much. I was really having a hard time meeting the 3mm ride height rule and my chassis was scraping and slowing me down. I had to continously change my ride height to stay legal. This is on a RC12L3. Thanks again, my car was ripping fast with a P-94 12 double with 100/22 gearing and my motor was just slightly warm even after a 8 minute heat
Old 11-04-2003, 10:44 AM   #319
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Hey Josh, that must have been a great race between you and Mike Dumas in 1/12th. What was goin through your mind on that last lap?

I was wondering what changes to make to the TC3 for carpet. I was planning on going down to Orlando for the Snowbird Nats and any info I can get would be most useful. Also, you think I could have your autograph? (that way when you win a world title I can sell it on Ebay or something)
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 06:14 PM   #320
Tech Regular

Josh, I saw a pic of your G4 from Australia on the Team Magic website. Do you have the setup info from that race that you could post?

What really stuck out in the photo was the pink front shocks. All the setup sheets I've seen for your G4 usually list the Blue or Silver springs on the front. I've tried those but have had better luck on my track with the pink springs. Just wondering what was behind that.
KMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 07:44 PM   #321
Tech Regular

Default Carpet Setup

Quote:
Originally posted by Josh Cyrul
Sedan set-up from this past weekends Halloween Classic
A few questions: 1) Where did you run the hubs? 2) Did you run ackerman spacers? 3) How much bump steer? 4) I assume you ran diffs? 5) When you say "5mm front droop & 6mm rear droop" is that on the AE gauge from the chassis to the hub? 6) What size tires do you prefer to run? 7) Have you tried the Protoform Alfa 2.0? If so, what do you think of it compared to other bodies? 8) What tire dope?

Sorry for the stream of questions, but I'm just trying to get a detailed setup sheet. Thanks Josh.
51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 07:48 PM   #322
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Flack

I swear I didnt tell Trackdesigner to say that.. lol.
Bobby Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 09:34 PM   #323
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

Josh, I understand about your recent change in deals but did want to ask you an Oval Car question. A buddy of mine is hooking me up with what he calls the 2002 Trinity Oval car (10th). Will be running on a mid to small carpet track with foam tires. What would you recommend in terms of starting setup on the car and for small carpet tracks which body do you like? Thanks for any help you got...

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 12:41 AM   #324
Tech Master

John Malin - I e-mailed the web master and he know's nothin of a message.... I'm a bit confussed....

John Fontaine - Good! I'm glad to hear things ran well for you!!

trackdesigner71 - Not much really...lol.. I was just concentrating on going as fast as I could with what I had (very chunked rear tires and a tired battery pack that I abused making up over 8 seconds in wrecks to catch and pass Dumas!!). There wasn't much left of the car after that race...lol.... As far as the set-up... Basically everything changes from rubber tires or asphalt racing. I would check out the set-up I posted on here (maybe a page or two back) or check out the AE site for Mike Blackstock's set-up from last years ROAR Nats... As far as the autograph...lol.. You are starting to sound like Bobby Flack!!

KMac - I'll post that set-up in a day or two. I have to check my car out since my laptop crashed and I no longer have my set-up sheets....

51 - #1 long wheel base #2 I use Nitro TC3 steering #3 .110 worth of shims on the steering block #4 diffs front and rear #5 with the AE guage #6 2.34-2.24 dia tires #7 I like it with rubber tires - with foams I still prefer the old Protoform Stratus #8 Paragon....

Bobby - Sure sure!!!

Jeff - Is it a flat track or banked??
Old 11-05-2003, 02:23 AM   #325
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Josh,

What is the reasoning behind people running the double pink/Orange fronts, double pink rear tires on high grip carpet tracks. I know you have more experience with TRC (I believe it would be cyan/ magenta?) tires as opposed to jaco, it seems if the carpet is really "sticky" shouldn't people be looking for a firmer tire? Is there a different foam structure with the softer compound? Do you have any ideas as to why this is. I am referring to mod sedan.

Also will you (CEFX) be releasing any bodies in the near future, like 1/12th or sedan. I know I can pick up the vds lola for 1/8th through delta correct?

Thanks,
Steve C

Wish you could have made it out to the slugfest this weekend, good luck in cleveland.
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 02:53 AM   #326
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

corallyman,

I will try to help until Josh can get back on here.

1/12th body to be released very soon. It's in final stages now. I saw a couple at the Halloween Classic and it is going to be the 1/12th body to have.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:30 AM   #327
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

Oops forgot that info would help.... lol The track is Flat Carpet Track. The car is a SB 2002.

Thanks for your time,

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 08:03 AM   #328
Tech Master

Josh sorry you did not get the message from the webmaster. It is very important that we get a chance to talk in a more private setting. Please drop me some contact info at [email protected].
Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks in advance.

John
John Malin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 10:17 AM   #329
Tech Master

corallyman - We are getting faster and faster with every year (battery and motor improvement). So, to compensate we still need more traction to put the power down. The Double Pinks give you more forward bite to put the power down but also since the rubber is softer it tends to "roll over" actually have less side bite.

CEFX products - The 1/8 Lola mold was purchased by Delta so it is their exclusive body so yes, you have to get that one from Delta. CEFX will have a new 1/12 body out at the beginning of new week. I am just waiting on my .020 lexan to show (should be here any time now!!). The TC will be out in a few weeks (I hope!!).... All of the CEFX bodies will be available to hobby shops.

Jeff - I don't know if you want my set-up..lol.. It wasn't that good that the Bird's this year... I would start with Jaco pink left rear, Jaco White right rear, and purple fronts with a HD Monte Carlo. Car wise - wolf red right front spring, wolf green left front spring, 3 degrees right front castor, 0-1 degree left front castor, 2 degrees right front camber, 0 degrees left front camber, 30wt in the side shocks, Asc blue left rear spring, Asc gold right rear spring... I am not sure what he has on it for a center shock.... Let me know what other questions you have....
Old 11-05-2003, 10:47 AM   #330
Tech Addict

Your Southern most "dist" is waiting. Call me when you can, you still have my Cell #?
KE4PJO is offline   Reply With Quote