R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-14-2003, 04:41 PM   #226
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by racerdx6
Thanks Josh. I didn't know that flaring the front of your body can help. Mine gets kinda flared out anyway from hitting things and I usually just bend it back. But I guess I wont do that anymore, sounds good.
But wouldn't having a harder compound on the outer edge help the tire from chunking? I'm just kinda confused here cuz I thought that was one of the reasons a lot of people ran Plaid front tires on their sedans (I do and have no trouble with chunking the outer edge). Thanks.
I use them because they have less sidebite and make the car a little bit easier to drive through the corners. They have better forward traction too. hope this helps ya out man. Cya this weekend.

-Sushi Boy
Old 10-14-2003, 05:01 PM   #227
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to stormperson

If you want to prevent chunking on the outside of the front tire (which i have never seen before, normally its on the tread from the body hitting) you can either superglue or shoegoo the sidewalls, which will also take away some grip, but not much.

Also cyans are more of a mod tire, since it does have alot of grip, but it does scrub speed due to it.
stormperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 08:06 PM   #228
Tech Fanatic

sushi boy- You got your 12th scale running yet? Or have you even gotten it? You are getting one arn't you...... , man I think I'm just confusing my self now. I'll be out on saturday for sure, not sure about friday. See ya then.
racerdx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 10:45 PM   #229
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by racerdx6
sushi boy- You got your 12th scale running yet? Or have you even gotten it? You are getting one arn't you...... , man I think I'm just confusing my self now. I'll be out on saturday for sure, not sure about friday. See ya then.
Uhhhhh, no. I think I'm gonna lay off on the 1/12 for now. Wait till after X-mas. I have to focus on my Evo 3 since I'm going to TCS nats next year. For the tires I was just referring to how they felt compared to double purples when I ran them in my sedan.

-Sushi Boy
Old 10-15-2003, 02:00 AM   #230
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Kool Josh..

Thanks for your input a lots, I will wait about the tires questions in Barry's forum...

hope you don't mind I put another question again. I would also like to know do you use the functions provided from your controller and speedy? If so, what functions you normally use?

Cheers
Dan
DanDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 09:12 AM   #231
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default Bump steer.

JOsh,

When running the NTC3 rack and Losi 4* C-hubs and spindles, how many if any bump steer washers should I run under the long silver ballstuds on the spindles for stock racing on carpet/foams??

Thanks so much,
Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 09:31 AM   #232
Tech Master

racerdx6 - Looks like everyone has this question covered...lol... Good! Less typing for me!!

Dan - My speedcontrol I usually just run LRP's #2 punch set-up. Everything else I run standard (in my transmitter also).... It's too hard to change back and forth with so many different classes if I start changing too much in the radio....

Ray - I usually just use the large shims that comes with the origional TC3 steering rack....
Josh Cyrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 09:44 AM   #233
Tech Initiate

Roll center question.....

Josh,

In general does changing the static roll center position on the front of a car have the same effect throught a corner. What I mean is: if I raise the static roll center on my TC3 will I generally lose front grip on corner entry and exit in an equal amount, or does it effect one aspect of the corner more so than another...hope that makes some sense

thanks
roll_tide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 09:47 AM   #234
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to tl2111

Hi Josh

How's everything after the trip to OZ? R U still in your vacation or back into racing yet?
*8th**4PX***OS Speed XZ-R
*10th**4PX***OS Speed XZ
tl2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 09:57 AM   #235
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Flack

Hello HELLO?? Did you give me the right phone numbers or are you tryin to be a funny guy?
Bobby Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 01:55 PM   #236
Tech Regular

Hey josh ,
If you need some DURABILITY testing done on the 1/12th body , Stamper and I would be more than willing to slap some boards with them , hell we might even give you more than a buck a piece for them .LOL
Bob
RCsilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 03:08 PM   #237
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Hey Josh, I remember back a few years ago that you had a paint scheme that actually reminded me of Mark Martin's old Valvoline colors (also a bit of Brian Simo from Trans-Am). why dont you go back to that?

Also, I see how close you come to finally getting a world title and it almost makes me want to cry!

I mean I think you got worked in England ('98?). I really hope you manage to lock one up next year since they are in the USA.

Oh and you think you could come down to Southeast VA and maybe stir the pot a little?
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 04:09 PM   #238
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Josh, you might remember me vaguely from the snowbirds this year. I was in the minivan doing burnouts and doughnuts in the parking lot of the Ramada after the race rock ceremony, but anyway I'll throw out an oval question for you. How do you set the wing up on your 1/12 scale car ? Is it attached to the rear window or the decklid ? I never ran a wing in 1/12 stock, but seeing that Mike is having a 19t class I might need it.

Thanks,
Kyle
gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 10:18 PM   #239
Tech Master

roll_tide - Usually a higher front roll center will cause the car to "react" faster into a corner (initial steering responce). Once the weight is transfered then you may understeer from the higher roll center.

tl2111 - Everything's good after my down-under trip. Back on the right sleep schedule and things as usual. I'm already back racing - I've been down to the carpet track in Toledo twice and plan on going back this Sunday....

Bobby - I gave you the right #'s....lol....

RCsilly - LOL.... I think the durability will be fine... I think I'm done testing it now (I was happy with today's results ) so now I just have to finish refining things and it should be into production soon!!!

trackdesigner71 - I am altering my paint job now that I am no longer with Trinity. As far as the World's...lol... It will happen when and if it's meant to. I still think I am improving every year and learning from my mistakes so I'm not worried about it. The trip to VA?? Hit me back in about 6 months...lol...

gazza - How can I forget!?!? I run the rear wing attached to the rear window with wing wire....
Josh Cyrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 10:32 PM   #240
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Josh,

Any news on a new sponsor???????? Spill the beans~

C-ya at the Classic in a week.