R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-04-2005, 01:33 PM   #2041
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
I think that it just takes a lot of practice to make the jump from stock to mod.

Switching from stock to mod was a totally different set-up and driving style for me. The cost has actually been about the same and I can make time with ok batteries as long as I drive properly.

All of the faster guys are more than happy to help you get started in mod but you have to ask.
and you do it VERY well now too. BTW-my mod 12th is ready for the Main-is it too late??
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 09:26 PM   #2042
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smyka

hey josh good luck with the new sedan are you taking anyone with you (paulie or david) .. see ya at the birds

ray this is what we do at madness if you win stock sedan three weeks in a row or five time in less then two months they make you run 19 turn. the reason for this is we are still one of the only track s that give out gift cert. for winning to three at club races so we cant have the same guy winning stock and taking money home every week and keeping the new guys from maybe getting five buck back to buy someting they need . but as for mod it is hard if you dont have any kind of deal (especally tires )to run this every week club racing.
smyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 09:48 PM   #2043
Tech Champion

smyka-when i first started racing USCF Bicycle races-we did criteriums for rpizes and money. There was a team from Michigan with a coach and everything. i remeber them announcing the team and one of the riders as the best Cat 4 (lowest Cat at the time) in the country. I laughed my @$$ off. Well-thats a great distinction. That would be like being called the best Novice club racer in the country-right??? Jeez-move up already!! They were winning every prime and race for the money-while Real Cat 4;s were sucking wind trying to keep up.

Yeah-run stock forever if thats what you enjoy, can afford, etc-but its still doesnt seem right that so many super fast fully sponsored stock racers stay in stock.

Ray
Old 01-04-2005, 10:03 PM   #2044
Tech Master

trueracefan - Gluing is a last resort effort if you can't fix it at a major event. I don't like gluing the rear tires as it makes the car inconsistant - he had tons on his rear tires....

John - Thanks for the kind words!!

Ray - I told James a while back, he will never learn how to go faster if he stays in stock. Now, he always practices in mod, tried to race either mod or 19t and his driving/racing has improved sooo much in 1 year it's incredible. Remember, it's easy to go slower than you are used to - it's really hard to go faster than you can handle..... I think if you have any sponsorship that's 100% then you should be in 19t. No offence to some out there but using the excuse that "My sponsor won't let me run mod cause they want me to win stock"... That's a joke..... That's another reason why you see the same 10 guys still on that stand at Cleveland and other major events.....

smyka - Sounds like a good program. Maybe we will have to do something like that for next year. As far as the rides... I don't think David is even considering it as he works at Helger - the Losi importer in England. Paulie, I don't know for sure. I think he will run Kyosho with me but that's not official yet (I think).....
Old 01-04-2005, 10:15 PM   #2045
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy

Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 10:15 PM   #2046
Tech Champion

James has gotten so good-I noticed too!! Hmmm....wonder why I am running mod and 19 turn now! James is my hero you know
Old 01-04-2005, 10:57 PM   #2047
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Mr. Cyrul...how was Culvers????
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 11:44 PM   #2048
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Josh and Ray

Thanks alot for the help and guidance.
James
Old 01-05-2005, 03:56 AM   #2049
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Bigger Brother

Josh,

Good luck with the new drives! Will you be using the new Kyosho at the Birds? Or will you still be using Xray (or something else) until Kyosho get the new car out?

Thanks
Oli
Old 01-05-2005, 05:25 AM   #2050
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Brian, I forgot about that. lol... So, does it reheat well? Enjoy the snow in Detroit, we have ice.

Dirt Burners Racing - R.I.P. BB / Kolors by Kropy / CEFX / One Eighth Racers
mcsquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:28 AM   #2051
Tech Regular

Hey Josh,

Good luck with the new rides - at least that's fewer t-shirts to carry around

Cheers
MarkB
MarkBurgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 03:36 PM   #2052
Tech Regular

Josh
Planning on coming up to your Birds warmup race and running oval on the 16th.

We had some questions, for the stock class, I assume Monsters and Epic Roar stock motors are allowed. No quads I hope.

Also are the handwound standup brush 19T's the right motor to have in 19T class. I hope no laydown big brush cause we do not run them around here.

thanks
Eric Hutkay
erock1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:01 PM   #2053
Tech Master

Brian - Didn't go...lol...

Oli - I won't run a TC race unless it's a Kyosho (production, preproduction or prototype). Even if that means missing races here or there as is the case with the Novak Race....

Mark - Yep!! I even designed a new Kyosho shirt..lol... So at least no more mustard/ketchup shirts...lol....

erock1331 - ROAR approved motors, no quads.... 19t I think is just a standard upright brush - no P94 hoods or brushes like the guys snuck through the rules last year at the Birds....
Old 01-06-2005, 10:42 PM   #2054
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Josh,

For 19t I think the ROAR rules are good and here is a short summary. 19 turns, 19 ga. wire, mabachi/cross over wrap, 2 mag cans, stand-up brushes, max 36 deg. timing, drill and/or epoxy balanced (can not look like swiss cheese). There are rules on wire length but I would hope it owuld never come down to that.

Brian
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 05:51 AM   #2055
Tech Regular

Thanks for the rules Josh !!
I will post them over on hobbytalk as well for ya.
erock1331 is offline   Reply With Quote