Wiki Posts
Search

Talkin' with Josh Cyrul

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Josh,

i am told this is already here, but i cannot find it, could you post the correct way to set the flex plate on teh front of the c-12??

thanks, i really like my car

matt
Old 12-17-2004, 11:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yo Josh... no website for Halo Hobbies yet? I even googled but couldn't find one. Perhaps a link off CEFX I couldn't find??

I've got friends in Detroit that I'll be visiting in mid-January, and I was thinking about bringing my R/C gear and making a side trip to your track - I'd love to see it. Do you have consistent turn out for foam tire sedan (stock and mod) and 12th scale?
Old 12-17-2004, 11:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Stogie, no website yet. It is on his list. Road racing is on Sat. and so far there is always at least two heats of stock sedan (foam tires only, what else is there ) and 1/12. Mod classes are hit and miss.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Matt- Use the set-screws in the front a-arms to adjust your camber. Next, tighten the flexplate set-screws till they just barely touch the a-arm. From here you can either leave them or tighten them any amount and use this as a tuning option (best to go in 1/4 turn incriments). Last, just adjust the shims on the king pins to get 3.5mm ride height and you are good to go....

Stogie - We are working on building it.... Just haven't had a lot of time lately..... If you want more info just click on the contact page on CEFX and e-mail me.....
Old 12-17-2004, 08:04 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Cyrul: YGM
Old 12-18-2004, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

josh,

thanks, what does the pre load on the plate do????

matt
Old 12-19-2004, 06:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

hi josh.....im a racer in the u.k. i recently bought a second hand losi street weapon. based on what ive read on the net...i figured you still had some insight on the car.

do you know if the street weapon can use tc3 hex's?

thanks
Old 12-19-2004, 08:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Josh

I am running an Xray FK and have a few questions

exactly how do you measure the droop on the front of the xray when running a 58mm tire are you measuring to the screw on the bottom of the c-hub or the arm I have had mixed results with my setups for some reason an cannot seem to figure this one out the car drives great but this is for some silly reason a gray area.

also on the rear camber link I have tried to run the link long on the rear hub and it hits when the suspension is compressed on the inside of the hub. Are you running the FK rear tower camber link and hub with a washer under the link at the hub or something else?

Thanks
Rodney
Old 12-19-2004, 05:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Josh - any truth to the rumor that you've left XRay for Kyosho?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Rob
Old 12-19-2004, 06:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Josh-thanks for letting me do durability testing on my cars Saturday It was still fun and you run a good race day. Me and Frankie are sure to be back soon-unless you keep rippin on his tires
Old 12-20-2004, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Mr Losi - Same as pre-loading the spring on the front of an asc front end. Usually a little quicker reaction, less steering in the middle of the corner and less forgiving over bumps...

losi-sw - It won't use Asc hexes... I looked at it a while back and even if you can get them on in the front then the car becomes much too wide.

Rodney - I measure from the bottom of the chassis to the very bottom of the steering block (the lowest point, usually the screw). I've never run the long link on the hub but I do usually run a 2-3mm shim under the ball stud on the hub carrier. I am running the factory tower link also.

Rob - Info soon...lol....

Ray - No problem. I had to give him a little grief, between him and Kelly I've heard so much about bodies and tires this year I just had to pay him back...lol... No problem though, tell him to get those cars back dialed in like they were so we can have some good racing!!!
Old 12-20-2004, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Hey Josh,

Ah..... yea my 1/12 was a handful. It was better in the main but still not great. At least I made run time. It was kind of hard to make runtime with the car 4 wheel drifting around the track. LOL!!

See ya after the holidays. Merry Christmas to you and Angel.

Paul
Old 12-20-2004, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

Josh
Hey I am planning on coming to the ROAR oval nats at Halo.
Do you know which motor is gonna be the Handout for stock?
Lately Roar has been going with the paperweight Reedy MVP.
But I am keeing my fingers crossed for the Trinity Monster Handout version !!
Can you let us know so we can start preparing in case its a motor we do not run weekly to see what it likes.

Thanks
Eric H.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Josh, do you have any advice on tuning a Losi SW IWC with your conversion on it. I will be running it on asphalt in a parking lot, and I would like to know about setting it up in general. Also, do have any pics of the conversion that was named for you, I would like to see what it looks like before I get it. Thanks, Brandon Krell.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Josh !

I´ve dropped you a message on the CEFX page regarding the 6 wheel car.
Did you recieve it ? Do you have any info for me ?
Thanks for your help in advance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.