Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Talkin' with Josh Cyrul >

Talkin' with Josh Cyrul

Talkin' with Josh Cyrul

Old 10-18-2004, 09:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Understeer Problem

Hi Josh!

Would just like to know what can I do to cure understeer for the X-ray FK. Would the 0 deg C-Hub help? I'm currently using 3 deg C-hubs.

Thanks,

Explorer
Old 10-18-2004, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default 3.5mm chassis

Josh,

Can you tell me how the new chassis affects the handling of the car?

Also I am hearing that the suspension binds in the front and rear when using the low roll center with the new chassis, is this really the case? Is it enough the cause problems?

Thanks,
Mark
Old 10-18-2004, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Josh can you tell me what advantages if any there are to running the Aluminum shock bodies on the FK?
Old 10-18-2004, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

reilly thanks for the answer. I guess I'm going to have to improve my dremelling skills. LOL!

I believe there is no benefit to the aluminum shock bodies until the temperature get's pretty hot. Not sure of the actual temp though.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Chris,
First off nice last name. Last year at Indoor champs all my friends keep asking was that someone I was related to, it was very funny. Yeah the alloy shock bodies I really don't know the advantages. The oil in the plastic ones stays very clean and I have not had any leaking problems and the plastic ones should be lighter.
I ran outdoors this year and had no heat related problems with the shocks.

James
Old 10-19-2004, 03:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks guys!
Old 10-20-2004, 04:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok, I'm back.....

Matt - Sometimes 4mm but usually 5mm. The 4 does have more power but it is hard to control run time... I'm not a fan of the PT can...

Chris - I don't use anything behind the bladders. I have tried it but I have not had good sucess with it. I dremeled the 1.0 sway bar to .7mm....

Korgae - I've been testing a few different things but the carpet nats set-up is still the fastest that I have found so far.... The Xray oils are too big of a jump for me so I still use Asc....

Explorer - What are you racing on? Carpet? Asphalt? Rubber? Foam? what's your basic set-up??

mtveten - The new chassis is just very consistant and gives the car much better corner speed.... I don't know about the suspension binding because I never run the car in the low roll center position.....

Chris - The plastic shocks are awesome - the only reason the get the al. ones is if you are breaking the plastic ones!!!
Old 10-20-2004, 04:39 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Josh ,
Good job in Brazil , Bobby did awesome also . And good luck in Fl .

Love the new car ........ I'll be down to the track soon .

Bob
Old 10-20-2004, 06:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Josh, I thought for sure you wre gonna win that one with how fast you were running. Im sure you are gonna lock it down and carry the flag for the USA after the Elec Worlds.

I believe in ya amigo!
Old 10-20-2004, 07:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Josh,

I am racing on asphalt and it is basically the box set-up with white springs front and rear. Just wanted to know if the 0deg c-hubs will help me add steering when I run mod. Usually steering is ok with the stock motor but when I run modified, i have a hard time steering thru the corners.

Thanks in advance Josh!

Originally posted by Josh Cyrul
Ok, I'm back.....

Matt - Sometimes 4mm but usually 5mm. The 4 does have more power but it is hard to control run time... I'm not a fan of the PT can...

Chris - I don't use anything behind the bladders. I have tried it but I have not had good sucess with it. I dremeled the 1.0 sway bar to .7mm....

Korgae - I've been testing a few different things but the carpet nats set-up is still the fastest that I have found so far.... The Xray oils are too big of a jump for me so I still use Asc....

Explorer - What are you racing on? Carpet? Asphalt? Rubber? Foam? what's your basic set-up??

mtveten - The new chassis is just very consistant and gives the car much better corner speed.... I don't know about the suspension binding because I never run the car in the low roll center position.....

Chris - The plastic shocks are awesome - the only reason the get the al. ones is if you are breaking the plastic ones!!!
Old 10-20-2004, 12:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Can you even BUY a break? Man.

So, what's up with the phones?
Old 10-20-2004, 04:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

hey josh,

im a big fan! you should have won the 1/8 onroad worlds! but anyways i was wondering since you arent with trinity anymore, what gas touring car you run? Secondly whats your favorite electric touring car motor, D6, KR...........?
Old 10-20-2004, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Josh, My FK is handling great after you 'laid your hands on it', but I am lifting the rear tire going in to a corner. What do you recommend for a fix ?
Thanks.
Barry Z.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

i read one of josh's review and he tried using softer springs on the rear.

i am also interested with what josh has to say.

would more droop (on a guage numerically lower) help?
Old 10-21-2004, 05:19 AM
Tech Adept

Buy a Losi.

Originally posted by jag88
Josh, My FK is handling great after you 'laid your hands on it', but I am lifting the rear tire going in to a corner. What do you recommend for a fix ?
Thanks.
Barry Z.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.