Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Talkin' with Josh Cyrul >

Talkin' with Josh Cyrul

Talkin' with Josh Cyrul

Old 10-04-2003, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

Wink 1/5 worlds Barry

Good luck there Barry watch out for the dutchies hihi there real fast .
Hi from Moby
Old 10-04-2003, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hes gone
Old 10-06-2003, 04:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cyrul - are you planning on coming to trackside this year for the US touring car championships in Jan?
Old 10-06-2003, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

go marlins forget sox or yanks florida in the house!
Old 10-06-2003, 09:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by speedxl
go marlins forget sox or yanks florida in the house!
I got to meet Dontrelle Willis and got his autograph before he became a super star . I think I might sell it on eBay .
Old 10-07-2003, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tom - Keep me posted as to when the meetings are. I can't garantee that I'll make it to them but I can try if there is time.

JoshR 85 - Not sure at the moment.... We will all find out in the next few weeks....

lukewilson - I haven't thought that far ahead but yeah!! I definatly want to make it out to any race that Scotty is putting on!!
Old 10-07-2003, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Josh,

I have a couple of questions regarding your carpet TC3 set-up.

How much castor do you run?

I read in an earlier post you recommended f-0, as well as o degree castor blocks??? For zero castor? Is that right?

Also, for the rear? What do you recommend? I.E. Toe-In/Anti-Squat?

I have tried zero kick-up w/ Losi 4 degree steering blocks and the car doesn't feel right...for the rear I ran 2-0 w/ "r" block and losi 1 degree rear hubs reversed for a total of 1 degree of toe-in.

Also, what is your opinion on the front tower v. “rear” tower up front for carpet? I have noticed a lot of carpet racers are running the TC3 front tower….

I run stock and 19 turn carpet w/ foams.

Thanks for your help!
Old 10-07-2003, 11:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Josh, so how was "down under"? I heard that people were running very late into the night. Now mabe you might be able to relax for about 10 min?
Old 10-07-2003, 01:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Hiya Josh,

Thought I'd also ask a question that I posted on that other forum.

The question was: I noted at the Worlds that the fuel you and Mr. Collari were using seemed to be quite a bit lighter in color than the Trinity fuel sold. Would you care to comment?
Old 10-07-2003, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Josh is on FIRE after!!

Howdy all if you are interested in who won the arm wrestling comp after the presentation dinner for the Australian Nationals you can go here to see how Josh stared at his oppisition to Syche them out first.
http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publmem.asp?pid=9079
USA USA USA then we were politely asked to leave LOL

Cheers
Rob
Old 10-07-2003, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Doug - I usually run 4 degree castor blocks. I will run the F-0 and the standard F block, sometimes with .020-.040 under the F block. As far as the rear - I use an F block in place of the R - and I will use the R+3-2 for mod, R+2-2 for stock.... This gives 0 anti-squat with a slightly lower roll center. Running the rear tower on the front usually kills steering in the middle of the corner. I would run that usually if traction rolling is a problem....

Scott - Australia was a good time. I would have liked to run better but it was still a good trip and I was able to learn a lot in a short time.

Brent - The fuel that was used at the Worlds was something we mixed up at the track. Sirio supplied us with the oil that they like to run in Europe. Wild Cat fuel actually supplied us with the methanol and nitro for the race. We didn't add any dye to the fuel so that's why it wasn't any color.

MRIMPACT!!! LOL.... Thanks for the good time down there. It was definatly a good time and I hope to make it back down there again sometime soon!! I guess I better start training for next years arm wrestling match!!!
Old 10-07-2003, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

HeY Josh i know it's a lil early but are you still goin to Cleavland, OH. over thankgive, and also Novak race in January in Milwaukee, WI. i might be able to go to Cleavland over thanksgiving if my dad lets me. but for sure i'll be at novak race.
Old 10-07-2003, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Hey Josh,

When running the spacers under the F block in the front do you also grind any off of the F-0 and bumper? Also when do you think you need to do something like this?

See you in a couple weeks.

Paul
Old 10-07-2003, 08:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by JoshR 85
HeY!!!

HeY Josh i know it's a lil early but are you still goin to Cleavland, OH. over thankgive, and also Novak race in January in Milwaukee, WI. i might be able to go to Cleavland over thanksgiving if my dad lets me. but for sure i'll be at novak race.
the novak race in Milwakee at trackside is the USTC i was referring to and he said "I haven't thought that far ahead but yeah!! I definatly want to make it out to any race that Scotty is putting on!!"
Old 10-07-2003, 08:44 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Actually, that's not true. The Novak race and the USTC race are two separate events.

The Novak (US Touring Car Championships) is Jan 7th-11th, 2004. The USTC #4 race is February 27th-29th, 2004.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.