R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-24-2003, 05:43 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Default MATRIX V10 PRO Racing Motor Vs Trinity Monster Pro

Hey,

Does anyone know how the MATRIX V10 PRO Racing Motor (High RPM Type) compares with Monster Pro?

Thanks for your time guys..
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 06:09 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Default Motor comparison

I find that the Matrix V10-(R) can be faster than a comparable Monster Stock. BUT, the Matrix Motors seem to require much more maintenance to keep them that way.
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 10:22 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I just got one from SpeedTechRC today. I'll be testing it out this weekend. So far I hold the fastest "Brushed" motor race time in Stock Class. So this'll be a real test for this motor. Looking at the motor when I took it apart.. it looks real good. I like the design. But you have to add your own caps. I checked brush hood alignment and they were dead on. So that's one less thing I have to do on mine. I didn't care for the brushes in the kit. Didn't really pull any amps. But tossing in some other brushes and the amps shot right up to where my best Monster pulls. But like I said.. we'll see this weekend. I may do practice with it this Friday... I'll post my results...

Jimmy Mac
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 11:33 PM   #4
Tech Adept

KilRuf what brushes do you use? There so many to choose from, I use Trinity 4499's? Any input would be great !

Thanks
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 12:20 AM   #5
Tech Elite

I use Reedy 769's. Alot of racers here use the 4499's but are switching to 769's for Monster Stocks. I don't know if it's the track layout or what. But they seem to work better. I've also used the 4505 and/or 4503. But went back to 769. I'm gonna mess around with the V10 Pro motor (high rpm) and see what I come up with.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:44 PM   #6
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

How did you like the V10 pro? I just ordered some, see if i can get more power out of them than the Monster.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 09:50 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to ZER01
Default Re: Motor comparison

Quote:
Originally posted by popsracer
I find that the Matrix V10-(R) can be faster than a comparable Monster Stock. BUT, the Matrix Motors seem to require much more maintenance to keep them that way.
What do you mean by that pops? Please exaggerate your answer.
ZER01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 09:13 AM   #8
Tech Addict

I own the same motor, and have yet to get it to work. I soldered a .1 microfarad cap from (-) to (+), one from (-) to can, and one from (+) to can, and the motor glitches like MAD! I can't even make one lap around a track with it. Its brand new, no wear, perfectly true, perfectly seated brushes, perfectly oiled and centered, and the motor runs like CRAP. I have no problems with any of the 6 or7 other motors I own (p2k2s and monster pros).

Integy refuses to take it back.
holycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 09:26 AM   #9
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Motor comparison

Quote:
Originally posted by proudwinner
What do you mean by that pops? Please exaggerate your answer.
The Matrix needs the Com cut quite often to stay fast (1-2 runs) and really doesn't seem to work well with anything but the special Matrix Brushes that they come with.
I like the MS better, because they stay fast longer between rebuilds and don't require anything really special to keep them that way.
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 04:20 PM   #10
Tech Elite

The V10R-Pro I have is pretty fast. Faster than some of my Monster Stocks. But not as fast as my best MS... yet. I would agree that the comm needs cutting often. Thing is, on the Integy website... it says my motor is a Torque motor. But the instructions say mine is the Ultra High RPM version. So I don't know... V10- Pro is suppose to be High RPM. But then again the V10 is 2002. V10R is 2003... and the new V10 turbo is 2004. I'm still working on the motor. So we'll see.
Old 10-26-2003, 06:18 PM   #11
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I don't think you gear the v10pro the same as a monster. I ran mine for the first time and was running it at a 6.1 where everyone else was running a monster at 7.3. It was super fast and it didnt seems as if it was over geared. It doesnt show any signs of being over geared either. Anyone else noticed this?
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 08:11 PM   #12
See
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

This is STLNLST- I ran mine with Reedy 767 brushes with a red spring on the positive side and a green on the neg. and the thing is a missle. The last time I ran mine out at speedworld I had racers wanting to tech my motor. I'm sure that they were joking because all of them know that I would never cheat but this is how fast this thing was. I would let someone pass me right before the straight just to blow by them. I actually did this to the owner once or twice. All in fun though. I geared it at a 7.0-7.2 final drive ratio.
See is offline   Reply With Quote