Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2897Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by NiMo
I dont make the rules, they are just the rules we have here.
And yes it is a pain as the Tyrrell P34 uses Historic sized larger rear tyres, which happen to be Pro10 sized externally, but F103 sized internally. Now can you tell me where to get rear F1 tyres that size?

My car look stupid with the smaller F103/109 sized rear tyres hence why it doesn't get raced.

About 15 or so years ago, I made a 6 wheeled Tyrell (I'm a huge F1 fan!!)
........ Custom Carbon chassis and all Associated 12th scale susp. components including the rear axle/diff assy. and a vacu-formed Tyrell body. Back then I also ran the Associated 10L. The 10L rear foams are what I used out back with the 10L diff. hubs on the 12th scale rear axle and very much turned down 12th scale front foams. The car handled like a dream and looked very close to the scaled version of the Tamiya plastic RC kit available years ago. Back then we used to run with white "wheel dots" which covered the entre wheel and some of the foam side walls. Back then everybody used to run wheel dots because we all thought they looked "cool". So the "original Diameter" wheels, front and back wasn't an issue.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by all4fun
........ Custom Carbon chassis and all Associated 12th scale susp. components including the rear axle/diff assy. and a vacu-formed Tyrell body. Back then I also ran the Associated 10L. The 10L rear foams are what I used out back with the 10L diff. hubs on the 12th scale rear axle and very much turned down 12th scale front foams. The car handled like a dream and looked very close to the scaled version of the Tamiya plastic RC kit available years ago. Back then we used to run with white "wheel dots" which covered the entre wheel and some of the foam side walls. Back then everybody used to run wheel dots because we all thought they looked "cool". So the "original Diameter" wheels, front and back wasn't an issue.
15 years ago... NOW:
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-03.jpg  
Old 04-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Barry White
15 years ago... NOW:
I like that
Any more info?
Old 04-13-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
This may be off-topic; but from what I'm reading here, since the F10 uses a standard pan car style axle that will fit in a 1/10 pan car and use standard 1/10 pan car bearings; does that mean I can use the F10 hubs to mount the HPI touring car wheels on a 1/10 pan car like the CRC Gen X10?
Yes you can. look up IndyRC_Racer, he can give you the info on it.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Barry White
15 years ago... NOW:
Nice find.
The Project 43 car from mr Morotech (Japanese Corally importer.
He allways is busy with nice things.

If I'm not mistaken mr Wig...euh White...uuhh...
Old 04-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by all4fun
Hey Dave !!! I remember when you built that car, back in the Train Center days. That thing kicked ass. Ahhhh te good old days
Old 04-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Addict

Dave - I saw it run one night. In fact I was telling some people at Lou's Speedway about your car a couple of weeks ago. Do you still have it? John

Last edited by ElliotCanada; 04-14-2011 at 03:50 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ElliotCanada
Dave - I saw it run one night. In fact I was telling some people at Lou's Speedway about you car a couple of weeks ago. Do you still have it? John
Man the names from the past are coming out of the woodwork
Mr Honda House I presume?
Old 04-13-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Yes - the Track is still on the second floor but I travel back and forth to London so I don't have time to run it. The F1 Class was popular with Corallys and we ran a F2 with Tamiya 4 Cell Formula Cars.

I want Dave's 6 wheeler.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Yes - the Track is still on the second floor but I travel back and forth to London so I don't have time to run it. The F1 Class was popular with Corallys and we ran a F2 with Tamiya 4 Cell Formula Cars.

I want Dave's 6 wheeler.
Yes I would take Daves 6 wheeler in a heartbeat.
You guys ran a great race program back in the day, I was on the winning team for 2 or 3 of the 2.4 hour enduros, I would love to do that again
Old 04-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

Dave - I saw it run one night. In fact I was telling some people at Lou's Speedway about you car a couple of weeks ago. Do you still have it? John
Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Yes I would take Daves 6 wheeler in a heartbeat.
You guys ran a great race program back in the day, I was on the winning team for 2 or 3 of the 2.4 hour enduros, I would love to do that again
OMG.....John Elliot, how the heck are you? Man, I haven't had the pleasure of talking with you for a while. How are things going with you? I remember coming to the Honda House years ago with my Son Brian to run 12th scale. Ahhhhhhhh....Boy, those were the days. We all really enjoyed all the fun times racing at your track. Like BP SHADOW said, I would also like to do that again. And yes.....I still have the 6 wheel Tyrell. I just pulled it off the shelf, took the body off and looked at all that work I did. WOW!!!! I must of had a lot of time on my hands back then. I have been racing WGT (CRC Car) at the indoor Toledo track (formerly Josh Cyril's track) during the indoor season on Ozite. I really enjoy that class a lot. After looking at my 6 wheeler again, and my WGT car next to one another, I am now compelled to do a link version with a new P43 body, of course. Man, I remember driving my original 6 wheeler at different tracks, and remember how well it handled..... perfect at each track. Boy, I sure miss those days.........

Hi, BP SHADOW......After reading your posts above, you definately remember me and my 6 wheeler from years ago, but please forgive me for not remembering you. The memory sometimes doesn't kick in unless I can put a face and name together, then the memory starts coming back....LOL. Looking forward hearing from you on this thread. And, thanks for the kind words.

Dave B.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:06 AM
Tech Addict

Dave - I'm running a World GT CRC LE as well as a 12th Scale.

Lou Vanderwey has an amazing Indoor Carpet facility attached to his house in Dorchester, right off the 401 just past London, a little less than 2 hours from Detroit. He had a Canadian Tamiya TCS Race two weeks ago so there is some interest in Formula 1 again. In Canada they still allow F103 205MM Cars which run heads up with the F104 180MM Cars. I'm trying to get Lou to run a Vintage 205MM F1 Class using basic TCS Rules and then have a Modern 180MM F1 Class using F104 based cars with 17.5 Brushless Motors with 1 Cell Lipo. I'm building an Exotec option car to play around with.

Maybe you should get into the F1 Business with a Berry Six Pack F1 Link. I'll take one. Talk to you soon.

How about posting a picture of your six wheeler with the body on?
Old 04-14-2011, 04:15 AM
Tech Adept

Man that thing sticks:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pr63jmLj9L8&feature=related

youtube.com/watch?v=mcirFK6j6Pc&feature=related

youtube.com/watch?v=ZuQNqvCWKAA&feature=related
Old 04-14-2011, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Big Wig
Man that thing sticks:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pr63jmLj9L8&feature=related

youtube.com/watch?v=mcirFK6j6Pc&feature=related

youtube.com/watch?v=ZuQNqvCWKAA&feature=related
eh what car is that?
Old 04-14-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If any one is looking for a EXO103/4 set up for foam on carpet;

http://exotekracing.com/EXOTEK_NEWS/...ULATIONS!.html

Congrats to J Horton!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.