Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2895Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by border r/c
if any one is interest have a NIB Kyosho 1/8 Ferrari nitro for sale please PM

its on ebay now with foto's

Ebayhttp://cgi.ebay.nl/KYOSHO-Ferrari-64...item43a00671a8
Old 06-23-2010, 02:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi, what brushless motor (turns) would you sugest for a controlled class? Is 17.5t too fast? We will be using f103's & f104's on asphelt with rubber tyres.
Thanks
Old 06-23-2010, 03:07 AM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sir Tamiyalot
Hi, what brushless motor (turns) would you sugest for a controlled class? Is 17.5t too fast? We will be using f103's & f104's on asphelt with rubber tyres.
Thanks
It kinda depends on your track size/layout. A well setup 17.5 brushless in a 104 can carry some serious speed on a flowing track. On a smaller track, a Tamiya black can or even a silver can is often more than enough.

Here's a clip from an F1 race here in Sydney last weekend. Mostly F104's, but you'll hear the distinctive sound of an F201 gearbox amongst them.

Most of the F104's had 17.5T brushless powerplants.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jdmpurest
HAHA i wish i had alot of time on my hands, I'm in maintenance so we work like slaves. What good tracks are down there by Atsugi? Ive only found 1 indoor track right by my base but its drifting only. I need to find some more tracks for when i get my F1.

EDIT: I forgot Speedway pal is right by my house they have a few really nice tracks but I haven't been there yet, once i get a new ESC I'm gonna go there and drift.
Speedway Pal is a nice place,though Im not into drift. Speedway Pal was all about touring cars before drift got big here so they know more about RC then the average Drift circuit. There are not really any nice circuits around Atsugi,I race at D-Drive in Yokohama, its a high grip track. Its also only F1 and direct drive so you dont have to deal with touring car drivers with the point and shoot driving style. If you are looking for a very nice big circuit there is Boss Speed in Sagaminahara. Its a perfessional 1/8th circuit that could be good if you wanted to see how fast your F1 can go.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PDR
It kinda depends on your track size/layout. A well setup 17.5 brushless in a 104 can carry some serious speed on a flowing track. On a smaller track, a Tamiya black can or even a silver can is often more than enough.

Here's a clip from an F1 race here in Sydney last weekend. Mostly F104's, but you'll hear the distinctive sound of an F201 gearbox amongst them.

Can you guys help us with set ups for the F103's and F104's.

We are starting up a controlled class for 103's and 104's on rubber tyres. Probably just running silver and/or black cans for this year to get things sorted and underway. We will be then split classes with probably a 540 class and a stock class, but that is depending on numbers.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:05 PM
PDR
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PeeTee

We are starting up a controlled class for 103's and 104's on rubber tyres. Probably just running silver and/or black cans for this year to get things sorted and underway. We will be then split classes with probably a 540 class and a stock class, but that is depending on numbers.
My own experience is limited to the F104, but I'd suggest hunting around the F104 and the F103 forums for tips. There's plenty of learning still to be had with the F104, but it's coming along nicely.

Firstly, tyres are your biggest consideration. For most asphalt surfaces, the Tamiya rubber ones don't work too well. On warmer/sunny days, the Tamiya B foams work very well for me, and it then just becomes an issue of watching the wear.

Again, personal choice, but the pick of the rubber tyres is the Ride rims/tyres for the F104. I've got some F103 ones to try out, but haven't had time to do that yet. They are smaller in diameter and wider, so should be interesting.

A few people are finding the softer T-bar and the new high traction T-bar helping their cars. Recent posts on the F104 forum are worth reading carefully.

Generally, don't make your steering too agressive - if the car is basically right it will be quite responsive.

Ultimately, good driving will reward you
Old 06-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by PeeTee

Any help would be much appreciated.
Pick a motor and maybe even battery to be the spec...but leave the tires up to the driver.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Tech Champion

As for grip of the rubber tires on ashpalt...that depends largely on the asphalt itself. In some circumstances the rubber tire can actually have more grip than the foam...but typically that is when grip is really bad no matter what.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:37 PM
PDR
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
As for grip of the rubber tires on ashpalt...that depends largely on the asphalt itself. In some circumstances the rubber tire can actually have more grip than the foam...but typically that is when grip is really bad no matter what.
Yes, I agree. At my home track, rubbers are the only option during cooler evening races. For the warmer daytime races, the Ride rubbers are actually not too bad, but foams are more fun - they have a different feel and are generally more progressive in the way the handle.

At the Moorebank track, foams are far and away a better option.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PDR
Yes, I agree. At my home track, rubbers are the only option during cooler evening races. For the warmer daytime races, the Ride rubbers are actually not too bad, but foams are more fun - they have a different feel and are generally more progressive in the way the handle.

At the Moorebank track, foams are far and away a better option.
Thanks Guys ...... The popularity of F1 within our club will guide the development of the class. We want to keep the costs down and racing close, hence some proposed controls.

It's very early days at the moment as we haven't run an F1 race yet. That will probably happen in the next few weeks
Old 06-26-2010, 01:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PDR

Whow nice track think this was used for the 1/8 scale WC couple of years ago right!

F1 rules
Old 06-26-2010, 01:31 AM
Tech Addict

Default F180

me as a great F1 fan
rebuild mine Serpent F180 to brushless with 4S lipo and a Tekin 2650 kv with working front brakes lap time were already 1sec faster then with a Nitro motor

enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVf7Kp0wkdQ
Old 06-26-2010, 02:27 AM
PDR
Tech Elite

Whow nice track think this was used for the 1/8 scale WC couple of years ago right!

F1 rules
Yes - this track is regularly used for 1/8 nitro races. They carry some serious speed with most of them not backing off at the end of the straight due to the downforce they generate
Old 06-26-2010, 08:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

me as a great F1 fan
rebuild mine Serpent F180 to brushless with 4S lipo and a Tekin 2650 kv with working front brakes lap time were already 1sec faster then with a Nitro motor

enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVf7Kp0wkdQ
You Sir, Rock !
What is the run time on that joy ride ?
Old 06-26-2010, 01:34 PM
Tech Addict

hi ,
i did use a 2650KV motor with a 4S lipo 5000mah 12 minutes wa easy on the safe side will i was already pushing on foam tires.
think the 2050Kv motor will be the better option have to try this
my mission is to get run on the rubber tires the grooved ones that came with the kit, prefer rubber above foam but i will know that i will never will get the same laptimes with rubber.
with foam the car is dialed now have to wait till the other members (8 F180) have there cars ready for competition can't wait

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.