Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2897Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by academygaz
Anyone ordered the HPI F10 yet? I think I saw it listed on both the HPI Japan site, and RC Mushroom ($99.99), so its gotta be on the way to shops now right?

Very.....very.......tempting.......
I've got one on back-order with my on-line supplier here in the states. Projection is for late July delivery. Priced about the same as above in USD.

I'm anxious to get it in hand and build it. Guess what I'm really curious about is how the 5-piece body is going to go together, and if that will make it easier or harder to service in the pits. It's all good though.

Right on the very...very...tempting part too. I was tempted and gave in.

AC
Old 07-15-2009, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

hi all,

i got my F104, doesn't really like the black rims so i painted the rims silver. hopefully paint will hold.

another question, i want to paint the front and rear wings. does anyone know if tamiya TS coded paint will do the job? my concern is the paint will chip and come off when the wing flexes or bends.

any input will be much appreciated.
Thanks
Old 07-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodo
hi all,

i got my F104, doesn't really like the black rims so i painted the rims silver. hopefully paint will hold.

another question, i want to paint the front and rear wings. does anyone know if tamiya TS coded paint will do the job? my concern is the paint will chip and come off when the wing flexes or bends.

Thanks
It would if there is a hard knock. Thing I noticed about the wings is that they are quite glossy, it would be better if you use a very fine sandpaper to sand it down first. I say maybe 10,000 grit.

After painting, you may then want to gloss coat it for the authentic look.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Arahawak
It would if there is a hard knock. Thing I noticed about the wings is that they are quite glossy, it would be better if you use a very fine sandpaper to sand it down first. I say maybe 10,000 grit.

After painting, you may then want to gloss coat it for the authentic look.
thanks Dan for the reply, yeah i sandpaper it before spraying tamiya primer and then the paint. did the same for the rims as well.

so the paint won't crack if it's only a slight bend or flex? great!
Old 07-15-2009, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

thanks Dan for the reply, yeah i sandpaper it before spraying tamiya primer and then the paint. did the same for the rims as well.

so the paint won't crack if it's only a slight bend or flex? great!
I cannot guarantee that.. in theory it wouldnt unless u had a nasty knock and something scraped it. Otherwise yeah..

Otherwise, get another wing for bashing and keep the painted ones for photos

Old 07-16-2009, 04:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vyger
If you could post some pics that would be much appreciated. I'd really like to see it.
I will post some pictures later this week. I will be opening it up clean up some wires, and i will take some picture then so you can see the inside also. Mine is the first version so its a little different than the one in the magazine but you will get the idea.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

hi all,

Thanks
I use MonoKote sheet to cover the wings on my dragster. They are Lexan. MonoKote is what I'll try to use on the F10 rear wing first before paint. It doesn't confrom well to a sharp bend, but it does accept gentle contours o.k. For a sharp bend, I x-acto it and make two pieces. It's durable, quick, easy to change and inexpensive. Downside, color selection is limited.

AC

Last edited by AHR43; 07-16-2009 at 05:29 AM. Reason: spelling change
Old 07-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default This F1 series bug isnt biting, its GNAWING!

I have seen some nice work in hobbying and all that good stuff...but Vyger, in the words of Peter Griffin from Family Guy...."You...are....GOD!". Many nice cars here, but Vyger's attention to detail is BANANAS! Static model meets R/C to the fullest. I cant wait to buy my first F-series. After careful and LONG consideration, I will start with the F103. I saw dude in this thread that bought a F103L for $60 bucks. LUCKY. If I can get my hands on a roller in good condition, its on. Would prefer to buy a good used one so I wont feel so bad when I wreck....and I will WRECK at least......
Old 07-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default TIRES

Hey does anyone know where to locate the grooved rubber tires that fit the 103's ??
Old 07-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Default What kind of F1 is this?

What kind of F1 is this? I have seen a number of Formula cars since the bug has bitten, but this is the first that looks like it can accomodate 8 cells?
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-f1.gif  
Old 07-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
What kind of F1 is this? I have seen a number of Formula cars since the bug has bitten, but this is the first that looks like it can accomodate 8 cells?
Looks like the old Composite Craft convertion chassis for the Tamiya F103. The 8 slots are for putting 4 cells on the left for oval racing. (with 2 on the right)
Old 07-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by alphacat
Looks like the old Composite Craft convertion chassis for the Tamiya F103. The 8 slots are for putting 4 cells on the left for oval racing. (with 2 on the right)
Is it worth buying and slapping down with say the "standard type" F103?
Old 07-17-2009, 11:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't know how well it would run against an F103/F104, I've never run one. but I think the extra slots for the batteries are ment to move 6 cell saddle packs front to rear, changing the weight distribution. I'm just guessing on that.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

There might be more to it, than just the oval chassis. Other things, like axle hubs, shim placment, and wheel base. They might all be setup for oval. Make sure, before buying it, that it comes with all the stock parts.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TWOWHEELDUDE
Hey does anyone know where to locate the grooved rubber tires that fit the 103's ??
http://rcmarket.com.hk/

Ride part numbers:
tires
wheels

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.