Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Like Tree2895Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Old 08-17-2018, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
I too would consider at least different rear tires unless of course they are a spec tire and you are stuck with them.
They are not a super grippy rear tire but if you can drive a looser car they can be fast, just hard for me to stay up on the steering wheel that much.
If that's the case, I'd sauce the crap out of the rear tires and leave the fronts alone if you want any kind of rear grip and any kind of push.
Damn! Thanks for the advice! I was afraid taking the hypersoft would make a too sticky rear end. Normally I tend to drive my cars a little on the lose side... I put all my hardcore sauces in my bag for tomorrow.

There were changes in the plan. I will take this virgin car to a clubrace on an oldschool bumpy asphalt track. Can only go wrong xD

After four days straight working on chassis and body I am finally done. I had to cut several sponsor decals (like HP and Invent) by myself to save the scale look. That is no fun at all. Also I used the Williams (FW23) front wing from Tamiyas F201 and made larger rearwing endplates for more realism. I love the result:

I went for Ralf Schumacher in the cockpit. Someone ever did a „Montoya“?
JEFFs SC10, pat5b and Holmestead like this.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wtcc

Damn! Thanks for the advice! I was afraid taking the hypersoft would make a too sticky rear end. Normally I tend to drive my cars a little on the lose side... I put all my hardcore sauces in my bag for tomorrow.

There were changes in the plan. I will take this virgin car to a clubrace on an oldschool bumpy asphalt track. Can only go wrong xD

After four days straight working on chassis and body I am finally done. I had to cut several sponsor decals (like HP and Invent) by myself to save the scale look. That is no fun at all. Also I used the Williams (FW23) front wing from Tamiyas F201 and made larger rearwing endplates for more realism. I love the result:

I went for Ralf Schumacher in the cockpit. Someone ever did a „Montoya“?
wow, was nice before, but with the decal now it just looks amazing.
Old 08-18-2018, 02:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A nice Fenix Mistral review on UF1 rc

Fenix Mistral 2017 F1 Build | UF1 RC | UF1 RC - Formula 1 RC Racing
Holmestead likes this.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

I am back from the Clubrace. We got a nice field of six drivers (for the first time this year). Unfortunately F N Cuda was right. The front tires got grippier with every run. Even though I sauced the rears like crazy, it didn‘t help much. I had to reduce the steering input down to 30% to make the car driveable at all. The first runs were still manageable and I could follow the others. Later the car was lose everywere. In the end rubber of the front tires felt as soft as the rear tire compound. I ordered harder compounds now...

Old 08-18-2018, 01:29 PM
Tech Addict

I am back from the Clubrace. We got a nice field of six drivers (for the first time this year). Unfortunately F N Cuda was right. The front tires got grippier with every run. Even though I sauced the rears like crazy, it didn‘t help much. I had to reduce the steering input down to 30% to make the car driveable at all. The first runs were still manageable and I could follow the others. Later the car was lose everywere. In the end rubber of the front tires felt as soft as the rear tire compound. I ordered harder compounds now...

Any tyres not made in japan, are not worth trying. Simple rule to follow .
Old 08-18-2018, 06:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

you mentioned hypersoft rears?
those are supposed to be as dialed as you can get, so far seen em in Europe only
if thats what you got then you really better figure how to kill steering
if not, try some, im going to asap
Old 08-19-2018, 12:00 AM
Tech Elite

Yes, I ordered the Hypersoft rears and the medium and medium hard front compounds. With these I should find a good balance.
The guy dominating yesterday used the medium fronts and hypersoft rears. It is always a learning curve using new tires on (F1-) pan cars.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Anyone know of 1960- early 1970s F1 bodies for F1 RC?
Old 08-19-2018, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

There was a vintage F1 „movement“ for a short period of time several years ago. A guy produced the Lotus 49 body amd also sold it quite often. A group raced these bodies under special rules in a series. Later he announced the Lotus 72, but it all died quickly, unfortunately. I think you can still find the thread in the California RC forum.

This is what the body looked like:

Holmestead likes this.
Old 08-19-2018, 01:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks WTCC, that gives me a direction to look in.
Old 08-19-2018, 02:46 PM
Tech Lord

https://www.bigsquidrc.com/fenix-rac...s-f1-race-kit/
JeffofSpace likes this.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have an ASC 1/12th Ferrari minus the rear wing in the bag. ( late 70's).
Old 08-20-2018, 12:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PwrWrench; WTCC
Anyone know of 1960- early 1970s F1 bodies for F1 RC?

Hello PwrWrench, WTCC

Here it is!

We're trying to get back the class...

Some test run in Germany with the pre production unit.

-- Seems that the link to external video doesn't work... It's on RcKleinKramHeadquarter FB page.. --

Also on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuzx...ature=youtu.be

Here on RedRC
Red RC ? RC Car News » Fenix 1960?s style Formula car kit ? Coming soon

Here some test run in Italy, on pre-production unit
https://www.f1ita.it/1960series/

Few notes:
Chassis is a carbon fibre purposely built one, trying to respect more the scale look.
Expect to be available from mid to end September.

Fenix Classique
wtcc likes this.

Last edited by Giorgio; 08-20-2018 at 01:08 AM.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

The Volante Fronts usually require the wider front end even with with the Hypersoft rears in order to work well and be balanced.

Those Volante Front tires at ETS are the entire reason why Xray and Roche made the wider front arm kits.....
Old 08-20-2018, 08:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Getting into f1

A buddy and I are looking into getting into f1 we are looking to get 2 of the same cars does anyone have some for sale on here?
Holmestead likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.