Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2897Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 02:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mtveten
sounds like some clubs are trying the 25.5 thing but not here. Locally the belief is that the established 21.5 spec motor rule is the best option. In addition to the 25.5 motors being painfully slow outdoors there is no spec approval process to balance the power from one manufacture to the next.
On our track 21.5 was really too fast...the cars around our bumpy banked outer section were on the verge of out of control. I think locally 25.5 would be better...if we still had a track to run on. Either that or 1 cell 17.5 or 13.5.
Old 10-11-2015, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
My blanket remark was to balance out the blanket Xray comment

Truth be told mostly all the F1 cars are good- not just 1
Ah, makes sense. I do love your V2 conversion with that trick front suspension. Smoothest F1 I have driven and quick to boot.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
tqrcracing.com has everything you need

Tires are using stickers
MG Decals are the ticket, TQ has all the colors to.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

sounds like some clubs are trying the 25.5 thing but not here. Locally the belief is that the established 21.5 spec motor rule is the best option. In addition to the 25.5 motors being painfully slow outdoors there is no spec approval process to balance the power from one manufacture to the next.
Mark , you are wrong on both counts. First off there is a rule set that has been written by ROAR and is supposed to be published any day now. Secondly after the Summer Slam at the Gate in Cleveland most of the F1 drivers switched to 25.5 in preparation for the Halloween Classic. Within one day of testing they had matched their 21.5 lap times with no changes to the cars other than the 25.5 motors. The mod pack guys are 2-3 10ths off from their 21.5 times. The racing at the Halloween classic was much closer than it has been in a while. We went to this spec because people were leaving the class faster than they came in. Experienced pros were saying that the class is cool but the cars don't race well with each other, we had to do something. And this was the most cost effective option that we had. Going to 1 cell would have cost every racer $300
Old 10-12-2015, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Mark , you are wrong on both counts. First off there is a rule set that has been written by ROAR and is supposed to be published any day now. Secondly after the Summer Slam at the Gate in Cleveland most of the F1 drivers switched to 25.5 in preparation for the Halloween Classic. Within one day of testing they had matched their 21.5 lap times with no changes to the cars other than the 25.5 motors. The mod pack guys are 2-3 10ths off from their 21.5 times. The racing at the Halloween classic was much closer than it has been in a while. We went to this spec because people were leaving the class faster than they came in. Experienced pros were saying that the class is cool but the cars don't race well with each other, we had to do something. And this was the most cost effective option that we had. Going to 1 cell would have cost every racer $300
Sounds like our tracks are much larger, we measure the gap from 21.5 to mod in seconds not tenths. Ive tried the 25.5 motor and it was boring to drive and unlike 21.5 the difference between a fresh battery and an old one was nearly a lap. I would hate to see f1 suffer the same death as wgt. Slowing the cars down so that the best battery / motor wins instead of the best driver is not the answer. F1 is already slower than the all other pan car classes and stock & mod sedan, it doesnt need to be the slowest class of all.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Down here the change is inevitable, if you want to play.

They swear this is what it's gonna take to make the class HUGE again

Gosh I hope so.

We had at one time over 40 racers showing up for F1 only race days during UF1's peak.

It was a combination of chilled race rules and regulations (honor system cuz a bunch of controlling rules sucks the fun out of it), killer format that we all know of and great coverage with pretty friggin prompt results and photos and stuff.
We all couldn't wait for the next outing.

Too bad we lost our main influence and concept originator due to a bunch of crybaby whining candyasses that started showing up to the parties toward the end of it all.

The next management team gave it a valiant effort but the damage was done and we lost too many key enthusiasts.

It's time to get them all back and then some.

Wish us luck.
Bring back UF1
In the words of the main character from the movie Amistad!
Charles Lightfoot
Give Us Us Free!!!
The UF1 Nation Has Your Back
Old 10-12-2015, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Charles I hope you understand my humor. I just miss the original UF1.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:58 PM
Tech Regular

Sounds like our tracks are much larger, we measure the gap from 21.5 to mod in seconds not tenths. Ive tried the 25.5 motor and it was boring to drive and unlike 21.5 the difference between a fresh battery and an old one was nearly a lap. I would hate to see f1 suffer the same death as wgt. Slowing the cars down so that the best battery / motor wins instead of the best driver is not the answer. F1 is already slower than the all other pan car classes and stock & mod sedan, it doesnt need to be the slowest class of all.
couldn't agree more , changing the rules so often is the best way to loose drivers. People are versatile, they come and go , changing motors will not change this fact
Old 10-13-2015, 01:48 AM
Tech Master

+1
Old 10-13-2015, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

As you have pointed out and many have eluded to, it really depends on the track as to how much of a difference there will be between the 21.5 and the 25.5 times and hence weather the 25.5 rule would work.

When it comes down to it we (Meaning track owners/ organizers) don't all have to follow ROAR rules when we stage a race!
As long as the rules for that track or meeting are clearly pointed out before the race then we as drivers make the decision as to attend or not and to prepare our car accordingly.
We should have confidence in the track organizers that they will adjust the motor/ rules to suit what they believe to be best suited to their track.

Ok. When it's a sanctioned ROAR event then we have to go by their terms and regulations.
Other then those races, we can organize the races as we see fit.

It does not have to be a blanket ruling for every race and every meat!

At least, that's what I think.

Regards
BM
Old 10-13-2015, 08:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

BRCA is running 21.5 and 13.5 1S Blinky together. Lap times are consistently within a couple tenths either way. Make options like this more available. 21.5 2S has more grunt and requires skill to drive it right. 13.5 1S has less wheel spin, but as much top end if not a little more. Leave the door open and the option to the driver. 25.5 is still too torque heavy on the bottom end. Most have a 13.5 in their kit from Sedan, buggy, 12th scale, WGT or even SCT. The Hobbyking 1S ESC is under $50 and works perfectly along with their battery is only around $80 total. You run less weight so the tires and chassis take less wear. Not to mention the racing is better especially at lower skill levels where we see the mass exit of new racers in the class. I had the converted car out Sunday on a green track and had fun driving it. I'm sold on 1S. If we need to drive the car faster, add motor not voltage. The best part is that this doesn't upset the whole apple cart.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
On our track 21.5 was really too fast...the cars around our bumpy banked outer section were on the verge of out of control. I think locally 25.5 would be better...if we still had a track to run on. Either that or 1 cell 17.5 or 13.5.
What happened to your track?
Old 10-13-2015, 09:22 AM
Tech Champion

The city shut down the organization that ran the facility.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:32 AM
Tech Champion

I hope that is remedied and you find a place to race!
Old 10-13-2015, 09:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

1s 13.5 is a much better answer than outlaw 25.5

custom winding up some 25.5 now, since I have no rules to pass other than it be 25.5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.