Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Like Tree2894Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Old 11-06-2013, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Regarding scale accuracy, I think I'd make a Jos Verstappen car from Hockenheim in 1994.

http://blog.totalposter.com/2010/07/...ix-hockenheim/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewben..._prix_r_5.html

Or the video.............
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdyuN_cUqjA
Old 11-06-2013, 07:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Some images from a local F1 race.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mrod
Actually that is not true. I am one of those purist in effect. You can decorate and sticker your chassis any way you like, but the thing in question is just the livery of the body. To me F1 should still look like an F1 car when it is going around the track. I dont think that F1 bodies should be painted with off road paint schemes, it doesn't look good to me, and that is just a personal thing. Part of the things that make this class cool is the way it looks, it is designed to simulate real race cars and that is what I think appeals to so many people. When some one new comes and sees a real looking F1 car they go "I can get into something like that". I am by no means saying that I think that f1 bodies should be painted like this, chasis are fine because you dont se them on the track so the realism of the class is still maintained.
Originally Posted by Vyger
+1

I couldn't agree more.
Oh, so it's ok to be different, as long as others can't see it. There are many examples in history of how that type of thinking is very destructive. Until you start supplying me with equipment, you have absolutely no right to judge what I choose to do with it. I have no desire to be one of 5 Ferrari look a likes on the track.

Or, you could admit the fact that RC f1 cars are the most unmistakable class on the track. You know that the car is an f1 car when you see it on the track before you even notice how it's painted. Personally, it think racing in a heat where there are four ferraris, 3 lotus, and 3 red bulls is boring. I don't go around and tell people that have a one color paint job and a bunch of stickers to look exactly like a real car, that they should do something different. You buy you your stuff, you can paint it how you want. That is your choice. So don't look down on someone that wants to do something different, or try to make rules to phase them out. In my opinion, the more racers there are in a class, the better it is for everyone.........regardless of how they are painted

To me, painting RC cars is a way of expressing how you would want your car to look in real life. I don't want to be a sheep and have the same thing everyone else has. I want it to be mine...... Something someone can see and know exactly who's car it is.

F1 is the fastest growing class in on road. Don't try to make other people conform to what YOU think it should be. Or you will drive people away from the class. Instead, be happy that you are a part of a class that offers the most realistic platform in RC, hands down. True fans of real f1 racing will always want to recreate their favorite team, and there will never be a shortage of true to life f1 bodies, but be respectful of people who want something different, and appreciate the fact that they put just as much effort into making their car look the way they want, as you put into making yours look the way you want.

Case in point.........
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-image.jpg  

Last edited by al dente; 11-06-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by al dente
Oh, so it's ok to be different, as long as others can't see it. There are many examples in history of how that type of thinking is very destructive. Until you start supplying me with equipment, you have absolutely no right to judge what I choose to do with it. I have no desire to be one of 5 Ferrari look a likes on the track.

Or, you could admit the fact that RC f1 cars are the most unmistakable class on the track. You know that the car is an f1 car when you see it on the track before you even notice how it's painted. Personally, it think racing in a heat where there are four ferraris, 3 lotus, and 3 red bulls is boring. I don't go around and tell people that have a one color paint job and a bunch of stickers to look exactly like a real car, that they should do something different. You buy you your stuff, you can paint it how you want. That is your choice. So don't look down on someone that wants to do something different, or try to make rules to phase them out. In my opinion, the more racers there are in a class, the better it is for everyone.........regardless of how they are painted

To me, painting RC cars is a way of expressing how you would want your car to look in real life. I don't want to be a sheep and have the same thing everyone else has. I want it to be mine...... Something someone can see and know exactly who's car it is.

F1 is the fastest growing class in on road. Don't try to make other people conform to what YOU think it should be. Or you will drive people away from the class. Instead, be happy that you are a part of a class that offers the most realistic platform in RC, hands down. True fans of real f1 racing will always want to recreate their favorite team, and there will never be a shortage of true to life f1 bodies, but be respectful of people who want something different, and appreciate the fact that they put just as much effort into making their car look the way they want, as you put into making yours look the way you want.

Case in point.........
Wow Dude, I wasn't trying to pick a fight with you. As I said in my post this was my opinion, you can spin that in any way you want. Also there are more people in the class that would prefer real looking liverys than the normal flaming paint job. You could get creative and make something that looks like a real sponsored F1 car and no one would object, because it would look real, I myself have done things like aan f1 with a dtm sponsored paint job. It looked like it could have ben sponsored by a real race team, and that is what I am talking about, I am not saying that you have to go out and buy a real sponsor sheet set of stickers, but come on pink flames? not even close to looking like a real f1 car. I dont want to get into a pissing match with you so I will just leave it at that and say you can do what ever you want to do and like my ealier post said that was my opinion.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hrnts69
Some images from a local F1 race.

This is just awesome, sir. Can I ask where did you get that Lotus decals. Cheers.

JC
Old 11-07-2013, 12:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

We have like 3 or 4 Marlboro Honda F1s on our track... they look great, don't get me wrong, but personally I'm happy to be the one yellow F1 with semi-accurate Renault stickers. Plus, yellow IS the fastest color... just sayin'
Old 11-07-2013, 07:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

That Repsol car is a made up livery that looks great and could be real. I think that a lot of guys who are racing f1 have " tribal flame job fatigue" since every class is filled with them unless its a spray bomb. Nobody is saying you can't do what you want to do but don't be suprised when people don't agree with your ascetic.
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-timthumb.jpeg  
Old 11-07-2013, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Wow Dude, I wasn't trying to pick a fight with you. As I said in my post this was my opinion, you can spin that in any way you want. Also there are more people in the class that would prefer real looking liverys than the normal flaming paint job. You could get creative and make something that looks like a real sponsored F1 car and no one would object, because it would look real, I myself have done things like aan f1 with a dtm sponsored paint job. It looked like it could have ben sponsored by a real race team, and that is what I am talking about, I am not saying that you have to go out and buy a real sponsor sheet set of stickers, but come on pink flames? not even close to looking like a real f1 car. I dont want to get into a pissing match with you so I will just leave it at that and say you can do what ever you want to do and like my ealier post said that was my opinion.
you are missing the point completely. I DONT WANT TO LOOK LIKE A REAL F1 CAR!!!!!!! i want my stuff to look the way I think real f1 cars SHOULD look. if you don't like pink flames, fine…… don't use em. but don't tell me i should use sheets of decals, or try to come up with a "look" that "might be" real, just to make the class what you think it should be.

Originally Posted by robk
That Repsol car is a made up livery that looks great and could be real. I think that a lot of guys who are racing f1 have " tribal flame job fatigue" since every class is filled with them unless its a spray bomb. Nobody is saying you can't do what you want to do but don't be suprised when people don't agree with your ascetic.
i don't care if you agree with my paint or not. I'm racing how i want to race. my problem is with people trying to tell other people what to do with their stuff. you have absolutely no ground to stand on when you say something "could be real" i come from a drag racing family, and there are some pretty radical paint jobs out there. plus, along with the wrapping craze that is going crazy right now in real racing, anything is possible. with f1 cars that have looked like this, you have no merit to your argument.
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-hondaf1world.jpg  
Old 11-07-2013, 08:05 AM
Tech Adept

VTA seems to have no problem with their realistic bodies.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

so here is a real race car. if i painted my f1 car to be a likeness of this, would it be ok?
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-kyle.jpg  
Old 11-07-2013, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

you are missing the point completely. I DONT WANT TO LOOK LIKE A REAL F1 CAR!!!!!!! i want my stuff to look the way I think real f1 cars SHOULD look. if you don't like pink flames, fine…… don't use em. but don't tell me i should use sheets of decals, or try to come up with a "look" that "might be" real, just to make the class what you think it should be.

i don't care if you agree with my paint or not. I'm racing how i want to race. my problem is with people trying to tell other people what to do with their stuff. you have absolutely no ground to stand on when you say something "could be real" i come from a drag racing family, and there are some pretty radical paint jobs out there. plus, along with the wrapping craze that is going crazy right now in real racing, anything is possible. with f1 cars that have looked like this, you have no merit to your argument.
Take a breath Mario. No one is saying you can't paint your cars the way you want. I like most of your stuff. I am one of the guys that goes for the scale look though. I run a Marussia scheme on my car to be different.

Do I prefer F1 cars that look like the current teams, yes.

Do I think painters like you should not be allowed to run custom jobs, no.

Paint what you want. I, or others may not prefer it but I don't think you'll be turned away from the track.

Luv ya meatball!
Old 11-07-2013, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

I am not saying that you have to go out and buy a real sponsor sheet set of stickers, but come on pink flames? not even close to looking like a real f1 car.
here you go, bro…… pink camo…… whats the difference?
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-pinkindy.jpg  
Old 11-07-2013, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

This is getting popcorn worthy...

I also prefer my F1 cars to have a replica paint scheme (past or present), but that's just what I prefer. I could care less if someone wants to paint their car like an easter egg, it's their car! It's up to the individual to run whatever scheme they want to run.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C5R01
VTA seems to have no problem with their realistic bodies.
Most VTA paint jobs are single-color, spray can variety. I know since I run one of those, as do most other people at our track. The bodies look scale, just... boring scale.

You can bet your sweet behind that if I had Mario's painting skills, my car would have freakin' lasers coming out of the headlights and lightning bolts all over. But, I can't paint, so I do the best I can.

In any case, I'm in the "live and let live" camp on this one. I like my plain yellow F1, but I also really like the realistic paint schemes others are able to achieve. Once on the track, everyone tangles up with everyone else anyway, open wheel cars spend most of their track time upside down
Old 11-07-2013, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

here you go, bro…… pink camo…… whats the difference?
The difference is that is quite acceptable for an Indy car but would be frowned upon if not disallowed on an F1 car.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.