Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2897Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Adept

How cool are these! Turning, tilting head and moving steering wheel! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q--9vVlEbs
Old 09-18-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

That is cool! Is that a 1 off scratch build or is someone selling those?
Old 09-18-2013, 07:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
That is cool! Is that a 1 off scratch build or is someone selling those?
I think scratch
Old 09-18-2013, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
Well, I'm not super obsessed about having the perfect McLeran body, which is why I'm wondering if I can skip out on the pontoon fiasco. I was hoping to have the body ready for Saturday, but now I don't think that's going to happen either way. So, I'll just watch you

I will bring an extra body set you can borrow if that is the only thing that will make you sit on the sideline.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by edhchoe
I will bring an extra body set you can borrow if that is the only thing that will make you sit on the sideline.
Well, this season will be my first non-novice and I have a Scale Spec car ready to go. I picked up the SP1 last week to also do F1 with you guys, as that looked awesome last season. So, I have a car to race, and it may actually make sense for me to worry about one chassis the first night. But, I can bring the SP1 chassis for you (and others) to look over and maybe doublecheck my setup. I don't believe we've met yet?
Old 09-18-2013, 08:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I seem to have lost all of my bookmarks, can someone post some tuning guides for the F1 cars? I'm running an F1R, so if someone has some side link specific guides that would be awesome
Old 09-18-2013, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
Well, this season will be my first non-novice and I have a Scale Spec car ready to go. I picked up the SP1 last week to also do F1 with you guys, as that looked awesome last season. So, I have a car to race, and it may actually make sense for me to worry about one chassis the first night. But, I can bring the SP1 chassis for you (and others) to look over and maybe doublecheck my setup. I don't believe we've met yet?
The bodies do look much better and "scale" with the side pods added on. Yes, takes more work but worth it in the long run. However, the usual F1 groups are usually happy to see a new person join their ranks than worry about what their F1 body looks like. You may want to just do the simple 1-pc body to start. You will need to attach the air scoop and the two engine cowling side pieces. I use the kit supplied double back clear tape for the side engine cowling pieces and a glue called "GOOP" that Lowe's sells for the air scoop. It comes in a small purple tube and I think it is even better than Shoe Goo. Glue the stuff on, let it squeeze out from the edges, use some tape to hold the scoop in place and it will be dry by the next morning. Then you can just roll the excess off the body by rubbing with your finger and a little motor spray to clean up any light excess. I use the same for the side pods and barge boards and don't worry, the barge boards are very durable. I practice and race weekly at my local carpet track and my practice body is one I painted up about 1-1/2 years ago. I just eventually break a rear wing or bend up too badly the front wing and you can buy those separate. Once you get to racing and more comfortable with the car, then you can take your time to paint up a pretty race body and use your first one as a practice body.

From the Washington F1 guys I met at the Tamiya Nationals last month, I would say you have a pretty good group of guys to race with. Just watch out for a So Cal guy coming up named Marcos. He always has these wild conspiracy theories about Ferrari. Seriously though, Marcos is a great guy and we are going to miss him from the So Cal F1 scene.

Here's a couple of McLaren's and a Ferrari F60 I have done up.

Panda
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-img_8011.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-img_8013.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-gallery_d1_018.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-gallery_d1_025.jpg  
Old 09-18-2013, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Marcos will be my teammate this winter season.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by edhchoe
Marcos will be my teammate this winter season.
We will all pray for you. That means your team cars will either be Saubers or Vodafone McLarens. Marcos will be Checho and you will be "the other guy".

Panda
Old 09-19-2013, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Big Wig
How cool are these! Turning, tilting head and moving steering wheel! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q--9vVlEbs
Awesome!!! Would be nice to have a guide how to do this
Old 09-19-2013, 12:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
The bodies do look much better and "scale" with the side pods added on. Yes, takes more work but worth it in the long run. However, the usual F1 groups are usually happy to see a new person join their ranks than worry about what their F1 body looks like. You may want to just do the simple 1-pc body to start. You will need to attach the air scoop and the two engine cowling side pieces. I use the kit supplied double back clear tape for the side engine cowling pieces and a glue called "GOOP" that Lowe's sells for the air scoop. It comes in a small purple tube and I think it is even better than Shoe Goo. Glue the stuff on, let it squeeze out from the edges, use some tape to hold the scoop in place and it will be dry by the next morning. Then you can just roll the excess off the body by rubbing with your finger and a little motor spray to clean up any light excess. I use the same for the side pods and barge boards and don't worry, the barge boards are very durable. I practice and race weekly at my local carpet track and my practice body is one I painted up about 1-1/2 years ago. I just eventually break a rear wing or bend up too badly the front wing and you can buy those separate. Once you get to racing and more comfortable with the car, then you can take your time to paint up a pretty race body and use your first one as a practice body.

From the Washington F1 guys I met at the Tamiya Nationals last month, I would say you have a pretty good group of guys to race with. Just watch out for a So Cal guy coming up named Marcos. He always has these wild conspiracy theories about Ferrari. Seriously though, Marcos is a great guy and we are going to miss him from the So Cal F1 scene.

Here's a couple of McLaren's and a Ferrari F60 I have done up.

Panda
Damn man, those are some NICE paint jobs you've got there! I think that even if I took my time, I wouldn't have something even half as nice. I was going to go for a simple two-tone scheme this first time around, since I've never even driven an F1 on the track before. I'm sure the body will get some abuse, so I won't feel as bad then. Seeing how I won't have it in time for this weekend, I technically have two more weeks to finish it. So, I'll spend some extra time on it for sure. But, in terms of strength, I'm still leaning towards the 1-piece, instead of the glued-on pontoons. Though I may regret that (look wise) in the future.

And yes, we have some awesome F1 guys up here, so I'm looking forward to learning all I can from them
Old 09-19-2013, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Metalnut-If you are using F1 Paintlabs or Tamiya decals you have my mobile, text or call I can give you a few hints and tips.

Kevin your paint is always dialed, take another trip up here for some rug racing. Our UF1 series is just starting up and you'll feel at home with Marcos to avoid... Bill is talking about making a run up here too.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Recently completed my F1Ultra, but decided to get rid of it! Also, yes Panda, this was what the car I got from you morphed in to LOL

Old 09-20-2013, 08:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am looking to find this product: Rsector SR-F104-001 High Capacity LiPo Conversion for the F104/W/PRO/X1 cars (http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=2680). TQ RC had it in stock before I bought my F104X1, they say it is now discontinued. It would work perfect for me since I use a Reedy 5500 2S LiPo for my X1 and am looking for a way to do quicker battery changes.
Is it truly discontinued?? If not, where can I find one??
If it is truly discontinued, is there anything on the market similar to it that might work just as well??
Old 09-20-2013, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Difuser
Metalnut-If you are using F1 Paintlabs or Tamiya decals you have my mobile, text or call I can give you a few hints and tips.

Kevin your paint is always dialed, take another trip up here for some rug racing. Our UF1 series is just starting up and you'll feel at home with Marcos to avoid... Bill is talking about making a run up here too.
Thanks Dan. I you guys get a TCS race on the rug (I still miss SIR ), You can sign me up now. If I do not blow all my vacation time and cash on a trip to visit family for New Years next January in China, I know where my secondary travel plans will be.

Metalnut - if you have two weeks, definitely add the side pods. If you check out the other F1 guys this weekend, you will see how strong the body is with the added side pods and how much better it looks.

Promodvette - so that is what you have been up to. Always nice to see my past chassis still getting good use.

Panda

Last edited by Kevin CBR; 09-21-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.