Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Like Tree2856Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Old 07-09-2013, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I finally got everything together for the VF1 Packages, here they are [IMG][/IMG]

http://f1paintlab.mybigcommerce.com/vf1-package/
http://f1paintlab.mybigcommerce.com/...emium-package/
Old 07-10-2013, 02:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jrz93
ill do the vinyl on the next one
where do i get that?
Vinyl sheet can be found in small quantities on ebay, amazon, sign supplys, or http://trautengineering.com/products/formula_series does ready cut vinyl for Tamiyas wings
Old 07-10-2013, 07:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
I finally got everything together for the VF1 Packages, here they are [IMG][/IMG]

http://f1paintlab.mybigcommerce.com/vf1-package/
http://f1paintlab.mybigcommerce.com/...emium-package/
Very nice Brad!! I will let my friends know who are interested in building a VF1 car.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default ford engine

Ok i couldnt leave the lotus alone!!! the valves cover are far from done

Old 07-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Fasten on your seatbelts guys, here we go again!
Old 07-10-2013, 11:49 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Okay....after closer inspection of my bent Exotek wheels, I had found out that one of the five "reinforcing" spokes along the back had totally cracked and all the way to the front spoke.

As mentioned before, I do not recall any huge crashes or cartwheels. My Tamiya foam tire wheels have held up to much tougher abuse and still spun true. I hope Exotek adds more material to the spokes or change the material itself to something more durable.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dan
Okay....after closer inspection of my bent Exotek wheels, I had found out that one of the five "reinforcing" spokes along the back had totally cracked and all the way to the front spoke.

As mentioned before, I do not recall any huge crashes or cartwheels. My Tamiya foam tire wheels have held up to much tougher abuse and still spun true. I hope Exotek adds more material to the spokes or change the material itself to something more durable.
We totally agree.

Here is our review of the Exotek Wheels along with close up shots of the breakages.

Exotek have not responded to our requests for comment.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

My guess is that the plastic for this wheels is to hard, perhaps a softer plastic would solve this problem.
I've been using these exotek wheels also and had some crashes but so far the wheels are still in a good condition, hope they will stay that way.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by terry.sc
They used to make that body for the F103, I would think they have just extended it the 10mm longer for the F104 chassis so should still fit over an F103. It would certainly fit if you use a shorty lipo.
Thanks. I think I'll buy one... after seeing Vygers pics I feel to do something similar too - although I'm definitely not as good as him
Old 07-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big-al
Ok i couldnt leave the lotus alone!!! the valves cover are far from done

Well Fans and Foes, Here we are once again at the Big AL Testing & Design Center for NASA, Not only has he designed some out of this world models in the past but we find him today in his secret lab working and redefying his Lotus 49~it is a work of art in its own right so where will we be going on this trip of the cosmos?
Old 07-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I feel sorry for interrupting BigAl igniting the second step of his Lotus scale rocket...
...but I have to ask if somebody ever tried to build an inerter for his F104 suspension?

I thought of something simple like a bigger ball bearing filled with grease that is attached to the lower wishbone and has a lever connected to the upper wishbone. Primitive but effective? At least in my thinking. My brain can't stop thinking about an good front suspension after driving the F113 with its smooth front suspension...
Old 07-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default My Test

Well I finished my SP-1 F1 VF1 W/VF1 Body today. First I would like to thank F1 Paintlabs/Brad for everything, I picked it all up from him at his online store. Next would be Manny for making a body that I setout to do years ago and never could complete it! lack of insight I guess. Manny you made one of my dreams come true Thank you. check it off my bucket list.

So I went out to the local schools outdoor Tennis court (NEW) and ran the car and did some hot laps as well, changing gearing was the only thing to do, this is my first Lipo car ever, brushless takes it to another level, I could not get over the length of run time you get for this setup! Wow,
Now the car handled great! I have no clue where I got the idea to put in a 21.5 turn motor, Rules somewhere I guess. The car feels like it needs more speed! 17.5 or maybe a 13.5 if your track could handle them. Fact is I feel if I took out my GT7 esc and stock 27turn motor it might be faster!

Marty

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 07-11-2013 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Not basket ball court. but a tennis court my bad LOL
Old 07-11-2013, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

en tout cas si yen a un qui rit pas de moi ya une asti de belle facon
Old 07-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

My first F1 body is coming along. Have to paint a couple more pieces (barge boards, helmet, rear wing) then put the rest together. Pretty happy with it other than a couple shots of black over spray that got under my tape job

Old 07-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by justinco
My first F1 body is coming along. Have to paint a couple more pieces (barge boards, helmet, rear wing) then put the rest together. Pretty happy with it other than a couple shots of black over spray that got under my tape job

Sometimes you can sand out the over spray before you apply the next color...but that Ferrari is lookin' good.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.