Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Like Tree2894Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Old 05-24-2013, 04:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi All,

For those using the 'Supa RtypeC' Tamiya F104 Medium front tire combo they will fit on the Exotek +3 wheels by simply grinding the inner lip off.

The Exotek +3 wheels will also work with F104 foams using this simple mod

Old 05-25-2013, 12:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Another attempt at the Brawn GP livery. Third times the charm.
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-image.jpg  
Old 05-25-2013, 12:50 AM
Tech Champion

Looks good Robert!
Old 05-25-2013, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Slow build but getting there!

Old 05-25-2013, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

Hi all Hi Marty i just got the f160 body and couldnt wait to get it done
ive started with the engine using stuff from home no big budget here LOL!!!!!
using tape , shrink wrap electric wires and paint and oh yes paper clips (trombones)

Old 05-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

I WILL MAKE SILVER FORD DECALS TO PUT ON THE VALVES COVER
Old 05-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Tech Rookie

I've not used my F104PRO for a couple of years, is there a list of parts that will bring it up to V2 spec or is it completely new?
Old 05-25-2013, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Default Nice!

I've seen some nicely done motors but Big Al's takes it to the next level! Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to see the rest of the car.

Joey, the wide gold wheels look nice on your "Ferrari". On the RCracing forum you said that it's fitted on an F103. Can you show us how you did that?
Old 05-25-2013, 07:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Manny
I've seen some nicely done motors but Big Al's takes it to the next level! Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to see the rest of the car.

Joey, the wide gold wheels look nice on your "Ferrari". On the RCracing forum you said that it's fitted on an F103. Can you show us how you did that?

I wish to second Manny's comments regarding both builds. Big Al, your engine detail is excellent, and exactly what I plan on for mine, including the Ford lettering. Marty gave me an idea about going to the hardware store to get some small screens like you find in the plumbing dept that they use in faucets, and adapt them for use in the 8 trumpets/air intakes. I want to also cut out each of the trumpets so they stand alone like the real thing, if you get my meaning. I went to Hobbytown yesterday, and am going to get some plastic tubing to make the rear suspension stays and rear anti-sway bar, plus the long tail pipes. I will paint them chrome, and then figure a way to attach them to the body so that when I set it on the chassis, everything will drop in place. I also, want to take the stock plastic shock,and get a second one and attach them to the sides in the rear suspension area to simulate the rear shocks that the real cars had. they won't actually function, they are just there to add scale realism.

Joey, your car is looking great too! I actually like the look of the grooved tires on the car. Where did you get the side mirrors from? Are they the same ones that ABC Hobbies sell?
Old 05-26-2013, 12:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by xterc
I've not used my F104PRO for a couple of years, is there a list of parts that will bring it up to V2 spec or is it completely new?
Basically the front suspension and rear pod are the same...everything in-between changed. Probably the easiest way to do it would be to get the Exotek F1R conversion kit. The biggest difference is the side links are wider on the F1R so you have to cut the body to clear the links.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
I wish to second Manny's comments regarding both builds. Big Al, your engine detail is excellent, and exactly what I plan on for mine, including the Ford lettering. Marty gave me an idea about going to the hardware store to get some small screens like you find in the plumbing dept that they use in faucets, and adapt them for use in the 8 trumpets/air intakes. I want to also cut out each of the trumpets so they stand alone like the real thing, if you get my meaning. I went to Hobbytown yesterday, and am going to get some plastic tubing to make the rear suspension stays and rear anti-sway bar, plus the long tail pipes. I will paint them chrome, and then figure a way to attach them to the body so that when I set it on the chassis, everything will drop in place. I also, want to take the stock plastic shock,and get a second one and attach them to the sides in the rear suspension area to simulate the rear shocks that the real cars had. they won't actually function, they are just there to add scale realism.

Joey, your car is looking great too! I actually like the look of the grooved tires on the car. Where did you get the side mirrors from? Are they the same ones that ABC Hobbies sell?
i didnt want to cut the velocity stack cause this is the look i was after i dont want to offens f1 purist LOL by not doing it right LOL sorry

Old 05-26-2013, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

i wanted to see my fake butterfly valves

Old 05-26-2013, 10:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

These engines look amazing. Its hard to believe that its pulled lexan. The detail that's molded in and what can be done with it is outstanding.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Manny

thank you!!!! are you the one making these bodies !!!!
Old 05-26-2013, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

That's me.. with vacuum forming it seems you can only get a decent amount of detail. It takes a bit more work (and talent) to really make it realistic as you did.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.