Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2895Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SH
Nothing to do with age...High noses with wings hanging off them are just not pleasing to look at.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Ned, how are you making out with that TECH front end on your VF1 car? Any new pics with it bent up?
Old 04-22-2013, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Default Tech FE

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
Hey Ned, how are you making out with that TECH front end on your VF1 car? Any new pics with it bent up?
Getting there! Had company this weekend and other stuff to work on...
Working on puttin the elecronics in and getting it ready to test run.

Trying to figure out how to get some castor and camber into it, likely end up as the "show" front end and use the 109 for "GO"!!!

Here's a couple of quick pics, have to take them without flash...

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-tech1.jpg

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-tech2.jpg
Old 04-22-2013, 08:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default standard wheels for all brand of f1

hi,

am new to f1 and looking at getting the yokomo f1. just wondering if there is a standard and offset for wheels and Tyre ? or each vendor has their own wheel hex and offset?
Old 04-22-2013, 09:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

aarcobra: Thank you. I am not a member of ROAR nor do I ever plan to be. But my local club tries to follow ROAR regulations. I will share this with them so we all can possibly benefit from a little cooling.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:02 AM
Tech Elite

Hmmmm. Let me guess how old you are...
That old, when I fart, I blow dust
Old 04-23-2013, 06:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Getting there! Had company this weekend and other stuff to work on...
Working on puttin the elecronics in and getting it ready to test run.

Trying to figure out how to get some castor and camber into it, likely end up as the "show" front end and use the 109 for "GO"!!!

Here's a couple of quick pics, have to take them without flash...

Attachment 1059508

Attachment 1059510
Looks good so far Ned!! Keep us posted with your progress!
Old 04-23-2013, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

Default Ooops...

Ooops ... Kyosho pivot balls, you have failed me for the last time!! Back at SMA next week with some new balls

Old 04-23-2013, 07:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi all,we just had our last race of the carpet season last saturday here in Finland.

For the last race I replaced my trusty X1(won all the races so far here with it) with V2 dark titanium.

This car is so good on turns that I can barely keep up with it!

For this last race we only had 5 cars but it was still really fun.

Video if interested here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h3wCWFUZ4I

I only needed 2nd place to win the cup so I took the race really easy.

Placed 2nd and won the season (first F1 series over here) ,so I´m happy.

Few pics of my car, modded the hw esc wiring quite a bit(last pic), but now it is clean.

-Pate
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-keula-large-.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-ilma-large-.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-kylki-large-.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-s%E4hk%F6t-large-.jpg  
Old 04-23-2013, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

For those of you in the Southeastern US, the Walter Mitty Challenge will be at Road Atlanta from the 26th-28th. You will see everything from cars from the 30's and maybe before to recently retired cars. I've seen Jacque Villeneuve's CART championship car to a former Mario Andretti JPS Lola to a former Michael Schumacher Benetton there, not to mention Can Am, Trans Am, and pretty much everything else you can think of. If you have the chance, it is time/money well spent.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

will they keep up with a nice F103?
Old 04-23-2013, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Default ROAR

Originally Posted by PhilippineEagle
aarcobra: Thank you. I am not a member of ROAR nor do I ever plan to be. But my local club tries to follow ROAR regulations. I will share this with them so we all can possibly benefit from a little cooling.
Here's a link to the ROAR Rules. They are available as a PDF. http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=10

I am all for rules and think they are necessary. I believe ROAR could do a better job of updating and making the rules relevant to what is being raced, as well as making them easier to understand.

The ROAR Rules are pretty much all we have so that's what we use. I would just be cautious and read the rules myself and adapt them as necessary. I am only trying to intrepret what I read....

Enjoy your F1!!!
Old 04-23-2013, 02:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Motor/Speed Controller/Battery Setup

Couple of questions. I have an F104. Can someone recommend a motor/speed controller/battery setup to install?

All my current hardware pre/dates brushless and lipo.

I am just looking to participate at a carpet track in GR in the future.

Also, I have the current Ferrari 2012 bodyset that calls for Mica Red. Is this Mica Red the same for the F60? The F60 is going to be painted in the black lotus/renault colors.

Steve
Old 04-23-2013, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PhilippineEagle
The problem with following ROAR rules is that the rules were written in the 90s when ROAR actually had an F1 class. Today ROAR does not run an F1 class, so there are never going to be any updates to ROARs rules as unless ROAR actually organises F1 races again there is no point in them being updated.

No one in the US runs to ROAR rules, most follow the UF1 rules http://uf1rc.com/rules-and-regulations/
Old 04-23-2013, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by terry.sc
The problem with following ROAR rules is that the rules were written in the 90s when ROAR actually had an F1 class. Today ROAR does not run an F1 class, so there are never going to be any updates to ROARs rules as unless ROAR actually organises F1 races again there is no point in them being updated.

No one in the US runs to ROAR rules, most follow the UF1 rules http://uf1rc.com/rules-and-regulations/
I see your point, except I would like rules updated to eliminate confusion. Most in the US refer to ROAR for rules. UF1 refers to ROAR for ESC and Motor rules, so if ROAR would update it would be useful.

A similar situation can be seen in the VTA rules. ROAR tries to copy the USVTA rules but doesn't want to require manufacturer specific parts, so they call for spec wheels and tires without mentioning HPI and require a 21.5 motor instead of a Novak 25.5.

I would like to see ROAR adopt the basic UF1 rules instead of keeping the out-of-date, pretty much useless ones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.