Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2895Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 11:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by J-PaP

We are onto our 2nd season of a F1 Cup series in Australia. This year they are allowing teams and this is what I've whipped up for the team I'm part of. Didn't want to stick to any of the current teams as others are bound to choose the same team too.
Looks great, but would look even better if you swap wheels from l to r (rotation arrow pointing backwards)

-Pate
Old 04-13-2013, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Someone had asked how dark the titanium metal was so I snapped a quick picture for everyone before I start my build.

Old 04-13-2013, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sixace
That looks awesome. I have a 2012 but am waffling on which livery I want to put on it. Either way, they will look great on the track together and perhaps entice more to join us (and run cool liveries/bodies).
Well Dan here is my solution to my wing drama today. I took the piec of carbon fiber and put it on the bottom. There is a channel that runs in between the crew holes that was perfect once you dremel the plastic supports out. I show goo'd it in and its not stiff. No just to try and re paint it with some right paint.
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-image.jpg  
Old 04-13-2013, 06:04 PM
Tech Champion

The FGX has an optional brace much like that out of fiberglass...when Shoe Goo'd to the wing it works really well. Should work even better on the smaller Tamiya front wings. I'll be doing the same thing when I get my SP-1 finished as well.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerz616
Well Dan here is my solution to my wing drama today. I took the piec of carbon fiber and put it on the bottom. There is a channel that runs in between the crew holes that was perfect once you dremel the plastic supports out. I show goo'd it in and its not stiff. No just to try and re paint it with some right paint.
Bummer to see that wing sag so much. It's such a cool wing and a shame the design seems weak. I'll be doing something similar to mine before it hits the track.

I had one of those days today. Broke 2 side links, a frt arm and a football! One part in each qualifier and the main. I'm sure the 2012 wing would have been part of the carnage.

Still a ton of fun though.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
The FGX has an optional brace much like that out of fiberglass...when Shoe Goo'd to the wing it works really well. Should work even better on the smaller Tamiya front wings. I'll be doing the same thing when I get my SP-1 finished as well.
Thx for the tip. I'll check it out..
Old 04-13-2013, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fastvee
F1paintlab http://f1paintlab.mybigcommerce.com/decals/

tqrcracing http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ...07&s_maker_id=

Both have exellent customer service!

-Pate
thanks so much
Old 04-13-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

I've been contemplating my FGX and F1 cars with independent suspension in general...The though occurs to me that if the front suspension is going to be attached to the upper deck of the chassis...then the rear suspension should as well, otherwise you end up with chassis flex in different planes.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

The double deck chassis won't flex when there are other things to give first.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Flex-Good or not?

First lit me say, I'm glad I'm not competitive so I don't have to worry about stuff like this....

But I would doubt that it would make that much of a difference in most instances. Going back in time, we had stiff chassis with straight axles and no rear suspension and none or tiny little springs in the front. Then flexy chassis out of fiberglass or plastic, on to T-Bars and links and independent in the front and rear.

Seems to me that with every improvement, the first thought was that for the suspension to "work" the chassis neded to be stiff. Now it seems across most classes and scales flex is a very important tuning feature.

It may be improtant at some level that the suspension mounting points are on two seperate planes but I doubt major changes would be necessary to compensate for this if any at all.

JMHO ;-)
Old 04-13-2013, 09:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by edhchoe
The double deck chassis won't flex when there are other things to give first.
TCs are double deck chassis and they flex.

I guess a better description of what I was thinking is this...every double deck car, TC, F201, FGX, ect...has to be put up on chassis blocks and have the upper deck screws loosened to untweak the chassis. As the cars go through their paces on the track they twist and get stuck on the bulkheads and stand-offs that connect the upper and lower deck. Now with the FGX when the chassis twists, having the front suspension on the upper deck is going to do 2 things...first the tweak will be exaggerated because of the stand-offs, and 2nd the front and rear suspension will no longer be aligned.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys where can I find the link to the new Tamiya 101 chassis?
Old 04-13-2013, 09:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T.MARSHALL
Hey guys where can I find the link to the new Tamiya 101 chassis?
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...99-trf101.html
Old 04-13-2013, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Speed Spassions SP-1 F1!

Made up my mind! going to run the SP-1 F1 I love the front suspension design Hey Team Lotus look at this look familiar ??

Got to love it! Camber adjustment!?

Paint lab! ordering one soon!

Thanks for the heads up on this one!
Old 04-13-2013, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Thank you buddy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.