Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Like Tree2889Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Old 02-20-2012, 11:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ixlr8nz
i own a fgx and a f104, my fgx is my shelf queen, ha.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Have FGX, Exotek F1R, and an F109. I am equally pathetic in either.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thats why we designed our wide track kit the way it is, 190mm,200mm,205mm, something for everyone
Old 02-21-2012, 12:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SourDieselX
Oh, one more thing…. The Bashing on the forum….. THIS WILL GET YOU DQ’ED from any of our races before you even get to park and set up your stuff.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:29 AM
Tech Champion

Wow I'm glad I don't run in TX...I can understand wanting the cars to look scale...however there should be some leeway in that. What happens when someone who hasn't ran there before comes with something different? Are you going to force them to buy a whole new body just to adhere to the rules.

As for forum bashing...DQ'ing people for what they say on the forums is just wrong. You have control over your race and track...you do not have control over RC Tech or other forums except your own. I would never ever censor one of my racers like that. I've always welcomed both positive and negative feedback in all the races I have organized.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Odin544
. I'm waiting to see what BPshadow comes out with.

Aren't we all?
Old 02-21-2012, 02:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by k_bojar
wow

you should at least attemp to make it look like it COULD have run in F1 - its F1, not TC and 'easter eggs' (as everyone lovingly refers to them) have no business...
wow

Just some thoughts for those who are looking at a 'realistic' scale F1: in 'real' Formula1 the teams will do *anything* that will give them an edge, and they could get away with (and some will even try it if they in all likelyhood wouldn't). If they could run 2m wide, they *would*. They would run flames, eastereggs or whatever if that would pay their bills.

Last edited by ijdod; 02-21-2012 at 02:51 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:13 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys, want to share this thread with yall.
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/vie...hp?f=1&t=11824
Its a guy scratchbuilding his own rc F1 car.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for posting the Houston rules. They are almost identical to the set we run at our track with the exception of the paint and disqualification.

Maybe the paint rule works for tracks that have a large turnout. We just started our f1 program so we are short on racers. Had our largest turnout last Saturday........5. Its picking up though.

As far as the spec tire I don't think it would work in f1. I love spec racing and spec tires make things very level and really control costs. I have bought 6 different sets of tires and still haven't settled on one. The only problem is that each chassis works best with a different tire. At our track the f104 runs a hard rear and a soft front. The fgx runs a soft rear and a soft or medium front. My rabbit wouldn't even think of hooking up on a f104 tire set up. The 103 and 109 run something different. Don't know what but its different. Unfortunately a spec tire would favor one chassis better than the others and you push away guys who don't have that one chassis.

My earlier comments weren't directed at any individual. I got my blood pressure raised and I'm sorry if it sounded aggressive. I just don't want to see any car banned from racing. if it fits within the rule set then let it run. Thanks for the support of the fgx and all of the chassis out there.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I don't think "banning" the fgx is the answer either....
My point of view was the 200mm (at alot of tracks) cars were banned. Yet the fgx comes out and an exception was quickly made to the rules.(again..not everywhere..just for some of the larger clubs/races). Still leaving the folks that owned 200mm cars not able to race at every event.This sort of stuck in the craw of some of us "wide" folks.

What happens when/if some serious tuner parts come out for the fgx and (speculating here folks) it starts tromping all over the 104?
Do we go back to the 180mm rule?

Again...not a salty dog and this is no soapbox rant (I have/had two 104s
three 103s and a 109 at one time).I just think somebody should speak out for the folks that invested in the wider cars and maybe come up with a solution that works for all of us. I would think getting everyone on the same tire would be a better place to go from here if we want some continuity in the class. We would need either a 103 "offset" rim that fits
104/hpi tires..or some adapters to widen the rear of a 103 enough when running 104 rims.Not "spec" just same size mind you.

As they should most tracks will do what is best for their local racers.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by texastc
Have FGX, Exotek F1R, and an F109. I am equally pathetic in either.
Thats a small fleet, still impressive, but small. Keeping in mind that I have been in this F1 thing since 89, as in 20th century, here is the list
6 Road Wizards
2 F101's
3 F102's
5 F103's
3 F201's
2 104's
and 1 of the original Kyosho gearbox cars
Now thats pathetic
Old 02-21-2012, 06:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Wow I'm glad I don't run in TX...I can understand wanting the cars to look scale...however there should be some leeway in that. What happens when someone who hasn't ran there before comes with something different? Are you going to force them to buy a whole new body just to adhere to the rules.
Yep,dont let them run.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by texastc
Aren't we all?
Yeah me too,whats up with that guy?
Old 02-21-2012, 06:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Odin544
Ok well I dont see people running a team of cars so I dont see how that would apply. My point was there is no rule saying you cant have X scheme on your car.

I'd like to learn to make my own decals and come up with my own. But I dont really have the knowledge or equipment to do it. So its easier to buy them. Cheaper? Nope.

And yes I could have painted up a F60 with the kit stickers for $50. But I like having something different than everyone else. So far I have a RB torro rosso, and Lotus T128, and a Ferrari. I've also got a fresh body and the RB7 decals. But I havent decided if I want to do that one yet. I'm waiting to see what BPshadow comes out with.
Here is the knowledge.
Do you have microsoft paint and a printer? That enough to do a car that looks good on the track. If you have photoshop then you can do bodies that look just about as nice as the decals you pay for.

See the picture below,can you guess which ones are done with decals and which ones are done with a home computer and dollar store double sided tape.
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-img_0661.jpg  
Old 02-21-2012, 06:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt

As for forum bashing...DQ'ing people for what they say on the forums is just wrong. You have control over your race and track...you do not have control over RC Tech or other forums except your own. I would never ever censor one of my racers like that. I've always welcomed both positive and negative feedback in all the races I have organized.
There is so much more to it than that, it's crazy. I really wanted to get involved in this class but I have pretty much given up just because of the ridiculousness I have seen already. The "issue" about that silver cans was actually a question about it's legality because it had been inadvertently left out of one set of rules when they were being transferred between websites. Someone questioned it because they wanted to be sure what the rules were and got accused of "stirring up sh**". I don't agree with the paint job rule, but would be more than willing to accept it, was it not for the pompous attitude some have displayed in regards to the rule. The statement "If you do not have the ability to paint and sticker, im sorry for your bad luck. Smiley and others will paint for you if you can afford it" from one of the "organizers" pretty much sums up the overall attitude and gives me a really sour impression of something that should be a wonderful class. These aren't the only things I've had issues with, but the ones that have most influenced my decision away form being involved in this class. And before someone says I'm just some newb who needs to keep my mouth shut, I have raced r/c or full scale cars in some form since 1987, I have seen more classes killed and tracks shut down by poor promotion than I can count, and overbearing or favoritist attitudes are most often to blame.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.