Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2897Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Odin544
If a width rule were strictly enforced and wasn't changed then manufacturers would stop making cars that dont fit the bill for the most part. People would be less likely to buy a car if they werent able to race it anywhere, leading manufacturers to produce cars that would actually sell and be raced. Look what happened with the serpent when it had nowhere to run.

I dont agree with banning the FGX. Its an interesting car. But from what I've read its made of glass unless you replace over half of it. I think the proper thing to do would be to make it run with the 200mm cars. As it didnt fit the 180mm and under rule. But it does fit the 200mm and under rule.

But the rule has already been changed. So the problem no one wanted has already been started.

ANY paint scheme COULD happen on an F1 car. There is no rule in real F1 that says your car must be painted this way or that. Just like there should be no rule in RC F1. Realistic paint schemes should be encouraged sure. The realism is a big draw to F1. But I sure as hell wouldnt pay someone $175-200 for an RC car body if I couldnt paint it myself. My last F1 body cost me over $100 when it was all done. I'm okay with that because I enjoy doing them. I've always enjoyed doing models as well. But you cant force someone who may not have the skills or patience to spend that kind of money to have someone do it. That will destroy the class and drive people away.
F1 does have rules for paint the cars,team cars must match. Honda had to split thier cars in half in 1999 and had to make them match. Hondas plan was to have one car Lucky Strike and one car 555,but with the rules they had to make the cars match,so they had to split the color scheme so each sponcer got a full car. Just two halves.
There are other rules about drivers names,numbers and other small details.

You paid $100 for a body,ok that was your choice. If you did it yourself you could of saved at least $50. You could also pay somebody to drive theh car for you also. Thats an idea.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

If you are an F1 rc fan and have races near you, be happy and sign up.
If you just can't stand the rules, don't play.
It's ok to make suggestions and hope for your changes to happen but til then if you are a fan and want to race, sign up.

I miss my F103 on foam as much as anyone else but they aren't in fashion at the moment here but we are racin our asses off with the modern cars right now.
The FGX is here but not dominating yet, it probably won't be long though cuz the heavy hitters really like the whole concept of this car and are getting them if they don't already have them.
Can either get on board or be a spectator and wish it was just the way you want it, it's obvious everyone won't be pleased.

My wish would be to have enough entries to have the 2 classes and I would be able to pick which one I wanted to run each race day.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

$40 for a decent body, $30 for a decal sheet, $15 for paint = $85 in basic materials. $100 was a deal.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
It's ok to make suggestions and hope for your changes to happen but til then if you are a fan and want to race, sign up.

I miss my F103 on foam as much as anyone else but they aren't in fashion at the moment here but we are racin our asses off with the modern cars right now.
The FGX is here but not dominating yet, it probably won't be long though cuz the heavy hitters really like the whole concept of this car and are getting them if they don't already have them.
Can either get on board or be a spectator and wish it was just the way you want it, it's obvious everyone won't be pleased.

My wish would be to have enough entries to have the 2 classes and I would be able to pick which one I wanted to run each race day.
+1

Now lets see some paint jobs!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 6376vette
First of all cheap racing died with the bolink legends. If you want to be competitive in ANY class its going to cost you. Second if you want a cheap class why are you running f1? Open wheels means more broken parts. More broken parts means more $$$$$$. Third the fgx is fragile and does require work to make it right. I did the rabbit conversion to mine to make it durable. I am not the fastest car on the track either. I Chase a f104 and a f109.

If we are going to ban cars based on cost I guess anything exotek is out as well as tamiyas pro versions. Bet the new serpent isn't going to be cheap either. Can't add any upgrades either. Chassis won't be cheap anymore with all of that aluminium.

Come on and be serious for a minute. The independent suspensions a great idea and is only advancing the technology. The straight axle, while dependable has been around for years. Why not try something new.

Sorry for the rant but the lets ban this car bs really gets me going. The car isn't any more expensive then all of the high end cars we all drool over when someone brings one out. Be glad you have the fgx and others to race against. Start banning cars and you will be the only one on the track.
I agree with your post. And for those who are "hell-bent" on banning the FGX or any other car that dares to advance F1 car design because it's convenient for you to stay with the solid axle status quo, and you are afraid of change; well gee, maybe we should ban books and burn them too like some narrow-minded people of the past used to do who were fearful of change! I think the analogy fits.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
+1

Now lets see some paint jobs!
Oh crap, now I need to do another one but it's gotta be on the cheap, may even be lackin stickers but fortunately our UF1 rules won't send you packin if you aren't sportin the concourse body.
Then again, I do have a sheet of Marlboro and a sheet of Vodafone to incorporate, just don't want to do a cookie cutter or bellybutton that everyone's got. Hmmmm.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean
F1 does have rules for paint the cars,team cars must match. Honda had to split thier cars in half in 1999 and had to make them match. Hondas plan was to have one car Lucky Strike and one car 555,but with the rules they had to make the cars match,so they had to split the color scheme so each sponcer got a full car. Just two halves.
There are other rules about drivers names,numbers and other small details.

You paid $100 for a body,ok that was your choice. If you did it yourself you could of saved at least $50. You could also pay somebody to drive theh car for you also. Thats an idea.
Ok well I dont see people running a team of cars so I dont see how that would apply. My point was there is no rule saying you cant have X scheme on your car.

I'd like to learn to make my own decals and come up with my own. But I dont really have the knowledge or equipment to do it. So its easier to buy them. Cheaper? Nope.

And yes I could have painted up a F60 with the kit stickers for $50. But I like having something different than everyone else. So far I have a RB torro rosso, and Lotus T128, and a Ferrari. I've also got a fresh body and the RB7 decals. But I havent decided if I want to do that one yet. I'm waiting to see what BPshadow comes out with.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 6376vette
First of all cheap racing died with the bolink legends. If you want to be competitive in ANY class its going to cost you. Second if you want a cheap class why are you running f1? Open wheels means more broken parts. More broken parts means more $$$$$$. Third the fgx is fragile and does require work to make it right. I did the rabbit conversion to mine to make it durable. I am not the fastest car on the track either. I Chase a f104 and a f109.

If we are going to ban cars based on cost I guess anything exotek is out as well as tamiyas pro versions. Bet the new serpent isn't going to be cheap either. Can't add any upgrades either. Chassis won't be cheap anymore with all of that aluminium.

Come on and be serious for a minute. The independent suspensions a great idea and is only advancing the technology. The straight axle, while dependable has been around for years. Why not try something new.

Sorry for the rant but the lets ban this car bs really gets me going. The car isn't any more expensive then all of the high end cars we all drool over when someone brings one out. Be glad you have the fgx and others to race against. Start banning cars and you will be the only one on the track.
I hope this wasn't directed at me. My only real gripe is someone requiring F1 replica bodies that cost $100 +. There are no cheap racing classes. PERIOD. Competitive nature will see to that haha. You could spec every single component and it still wont be cheap. People will still look for that 1/10 of a second. But requiring certain paint schemes IS rediculous.

A couple local people complained that people bought F1R's to run when they only had standard 104's they tried saying that the class was meant to be cheap. Well its only as cheap as the individual makes it.

I've easily got more into my F1's than my TC. But I love the F1's that much more that they are my priority. TC is just my filler class haha. I dont ever change the setup on my TC cuz I'm just not that worried about it.

I dont understand how some people break these F1's as much as they do. I've personally only ever broken a rear wing. And I've launched my car into steel uprights of the buildings, head on at full speed into a car that has jumped the road rail, etc. I dont crash as much as some of the people at my track, but I'm certainly not the best driver. But we also have a pretty courteous group of drivers. Its no SC class that's for sure.

I agree though none of the cars should be banned. We have one more club race for onroad and then we are back to offroad. We created our rules just before UF1 changed theirs. So we are using the UF1 rules from last summer. We may end up changing them to model the new UF1 rules. But we haven't even talked about it yet. We currently run 180mm and under for a few reasons. We'd decided on rubber tires. We knew we wouldn't have enough drivers to support both 180 and 200mm. And no one local had cars yet. So we didnt have to worry about excluding any ones car that they already owned.

Last edited by Odin544; 02-21-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't want to ban any car. I want to see innovation and variation just like the real F1 world but within a set of rules that limits certain things as the UF1 rules do. What I want to see is a set of rules (enforced) that states a max width, wheelbase, minimum weight AND maximum weight, motor/esc combo set such as blinky mode 21.5, rubber tires, an F1 style body and wings and F1 style wheels, and that's it. It actually seems that the UF1 rules basically do state this with the exception of the max weight. I say follow the rules rather than have local interpretations changing everyday based on someone's mood or personal opinion. It eliminates so many problems.

The newest drama in the Houston scene was mention today that silver can 540 brushed motors be banned and only 21.5 brushless allowed. That means that everyone that just bought a Tamiya car to run must also change the motor. Not sure if they are going to enforce that one or not though. Like the paint rule it too would be asinine so hopefully they won't go there. If they enforce that then the next rule that would probably be made is that everyone needs to have blond hair and blue eyes.

If UF1 rules are followed then the rest should be fair game which means if you want to custom build your own car, as long as it fits in those rules, it's ok to run. If you want to modify your car and change things around, as long as it fits within those rules, it's ok. If you want to run a real paint scheme or a fantasy one, you can . It's simple. These rules are the perfect rules for the class to encourage new people. If you guys haven't noticed by now, there is more than one person on the fence about even entering a class that has a strict paint policy and I guarantee there are others that aren't speaking up on a forum.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by F N CUDA

well put cuda. why ban a car that is not really on the pace? if it gets more people on drivers stands thats gotta be a good thing right so all power to the fgx owner whos car will more than likey get whuuped my the 103/4/9 etcs.
and coming from a country that doesnt allow them to race officially,saying ban them seems a little redundant. i have one and it is an absolute blast to drive.it sits right beside my 104. i am looking forward to the next time i get to drive it,have had a tweak here and there so maybe it will go better,maybe worse. bring it on
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-fgxr-104.jpg  
Old 02-20-2012, 10:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by fredswain
The newest drama in the Houston scene was mention today that silver can 540 brushed motors be banned and only 21.5 brushless allowed. That means that everyone that just bought a Tamiya car to run must also change the motor. Not sure if they are going to enforce that one or not though. Like the paint rule it too would be asinine so hopefully they won't go there. If they enforce that then the next rule that would probably be made is that everyone needs to have blond hair and blue eyes.
Now that is pretty ridiculous especially considering the silver can is so much slower than a 21.5! Why would you bother to waste the time, ink, and paper to ban the silver can?
Old 02-20-2012, 11:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain
I don't want to ban any car. I want to see innovation and variation just like the real F1 world but within a set of rules that limits certain things as the UF1 rules do. What I want to see is a set of rules (enforced) that states a max width, wheelbase, minimum weight AND maximum weight, motor/esc combo set such as blinky mode 21.5, rubber tires, an F1 style body and wings and F1 style wheels, and that's it. It actually seems that the UF1 rules basically do state this with the exception of the max weight. I say follow the rules rather than have local interpretations changing everyday based on someone's mood or personal opinion. It eliminates so many problems.

If UF1 rules are followed then the rest should be fair game which means if you want to custom build your own car, as long as it fits in those rules, it's ok to run. If you want to modify your car and change things around, as long as it fits within those rules, it's ok. If you want to run a real paint scheme or a fantasy one, you can . It's simple. These rules are the perfect rules for the class to encourage new people. If you guys haven't noticed by now, there is more than one person on the fence about even entering a class that has a strict paint policy and I guarantee there are others that aren't speaking up on a forum.
Just to make one correction sir, the Tamiya Silver Can is NOT being discussed about being banned. This is foolishness, this is rumors being spread and is completely false. One person made a stink about 21.5 and silver cans and that person just needs to read the ACTUAL rules for our F1 races which can be found on the 1st page of 2cool or rcshox website. Rumors is how things escalate and escalation turns into issues and issues shut down a good thing.

Now, onto the other issues....No one is being forced to run F1s, various areas have various rules, the way I see it is, adhere to the rules or don't run with the locals. There are plenty of open parking lots, driveways, roads, etc etc where you can run your "fantasy" F1. Most of us like the scale look, some don't, for those who don't, no one is forcing you to run. If the rules were to cater to each individual that had a qualm about anything, then the classes would be filled with a mixed variation of cars, buggies, trucks, boats, and anything else a set of wheels and a motor could be fit into. Do you go to your local track and tell them how to run their clubs?
Old 02-20-2012, 11:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

For all those who are unsure of how to access the Houston Area F1 Racing Rules.

HOUSTON AREA FORMULA ONE RACING

Alright ladies and gents…..

Here are the rules:

NO Exceptions unless otherwise noted. Stewards reserve the right to accept or deny changes and are the final word.

Motor : 21.5/silver can TBA on F201 only
ESC :blinky mode, no timing
Tires : Rubber only, F1 scale
Body : F1 scale front & rear wing
Width : 205mm maximum
Battery: 2 cell lipo

Chassis accepted are all your Mfg chassis with upgraded chassis that are available to the public.

All Upgraded Chassis will be allowed under these conditions

You must run a Mfg rear and front end suspension off of a mfg 1/10 F1 car
-yes you can change front arms to turnbuckles or anyone elses upgrade *****”THAT IS SOLD TO THE PUBLIC”*****
-Exotech
-Rabbit
-Anyone that is making parts that can be sold is allowed

This is a scale STOCK class and will be treated as such, Your car must follow the livery (scheme) of a real 1:1 Formula team Preferably one that matches your chassis. F104/FGX=2009 and up, F103/f109 2008 and down

Racing format:

2-3(depending on turnout, 8 minute qualifiers with no pit stop. staggered start and you are on your own clock. TQ will be the driver with the most laps in 8 minutes

15min Amain with 1 stop and go pit stop that is not allowed until at least five minutes of the race has transpired. All other mains are 10 minutes with open pit stop time. (but still a stop and go pit stop.

PIT STOPS:

You must come to a COMPLETE stop within the designated pit box and then go. Failure to do so will force another pit stop.

Rules will be re evaluated every 6mths

If you have any questions on the above items please contact at [email protected]

Oh, one more thing…. The Bashing on the forum….. THIS WILL GET YOU DQ’ED from any of our races before you even get to park and set up your stuff. The Keyboard bashing is for facebook and myspace. Thank you guys for your time and interests. We hope to see you at the track!
Old 02-20-2012, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I see a lot of worrying over nothing. If you don't like the rules don't play. Banning this or banning that, please. These are toy cars. They are expensive toy cars but the are toy cars. If you don't want the FGX in your class, fine. Don't want 190mm cars, fine. Want to keep out the wide 200's go ahead. Make your rules, see how it goes, if it works great, if it doesn't either adjust them or watch the class die. I would be willing to bet that most people don't care if your running an FGX, 104, 103 or a 109. We run them all here. And its the good drivers winning. No matter what.
How about making rules that don't keep people from participating? Spec the tires, spec the motor, esc whatever. Hell limit the FDR. Or just go and race the damn things and have fun.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:28 PM
Tech Addict

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.