Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Like Tree2923Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Old 04-13-2016, 09:26 AM
  #12046  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Vyger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jackson, Mississippi
Posts: 550
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hey Al, nice job. That's really sharp looking.
Vyger is offline  
Old 04-13-2016, 09:42 AM
  #12047  
Tech Regular
 
big-al's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: none
Posts: 292
Default

Originally Posted by Vyger
Hey Al, nice job. That's really sharp looking.
THANKS MAN!
big-al is offline  
Old 04-13-2016, 01:57 PM
  #12048  
JS
Tech Master
iTrader: (70)
 
JS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,139
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Very Nice

Originally Posted by big-al
i was hoping to be the first with that one LOL





JS is offline  
Old 04-13-2016, 02:11 PM
  #12049  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
AlexPate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,600
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Might as well join the club
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-image.jpg  
AlexPate is offline  
Old 04-14-2016, 06:09 AM
  #12050  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (5)
 
jrfoell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fridley, MN
Posts: 76
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Sweet Renaults guys, both of them!

Originally Posted by AlexPate
Might as well join the club
jrfoell is offline  
Old 04-14-2016, 08:30 AM
  #12051  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
gearhead_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philly
Posts: 2,597
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Here's mines
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-20160115_085841.jpg  
gearhead_22 is offline  
Old 04-14-2016, 10:14 AM
  #12052  
Tech Regular
 
big-al's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: none
Posts: 292
Default

they will look better than those seatbelt stickes

big-al is offline  
Old 04-17-2016, 11:10 AM
  #12053  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: the Netherlands
Posts: 328
Default

Hi guys,

today I raced my F103,7 (F103 with F104 front and rear, 190mm wide). I suck at racing, I was second to last. I forgot my ESC programmer so I had no brakes, that does not help. The other thing up for improvement is the front wing. I have an old flat F103 one that I cut down to make the narrow F104 front track fit. Except for weight, this does not aid down force. We run fairly high speed long tarmac outside tracks here. What wings can you advise from experience? I would like it to be Tamiya, but it is not mandatory.

Cheers,

Hugo
HugoW is offline  
Old 04-17-2016, 11:11 AM
  #12054  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: the Netherlands
Posts: 328
Default

Sorry, double post.
HugoW is offline  
Old 04-17-2016, 11:15 AM
  #12055  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
AlexPate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,600
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HugoW
Hi guys,

today I raced my F103,7 (F103 with F104 front and rear, 190mm wide). I suck at racing, I was second to last. I forgot my ESC programmer so I had no brakes, that does not help. The other thing up for improvement is the front wing. I have an old flat F103 one that I cut down to make the narrow F104 front track fit. Except for weight, this does not aid down force. We run fairly high speed long tarmac outside tracks here. What wings can you advise from experience? I would like it to be Tamiya, but it is not mandatory.

Cheers,

Hugo
Hi Hugo, as far as Tamiya wings go, the f60 front wing is by farthe best, it is also one of the most durable wings out there. The serpent front wing offers loads of downforce while being more fragile. There are also the min-tech wings, I haven't tried them yet but will soon. For rear wings unless your racing Tcs I would stay away from Tamiya wings as they are not very durable. The most durable rear wing I have found is the 3 rack rear wing. It tends to balance the f60 wing quite well.
Hope this helps
AlexPate is offline  
Old 04-17-2016, 11:20 AM
  #12056  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: the Netherlands
Posts: 328
Default

Thanks. I saw a Serpent wing go crack today, doesn't look like it will survive my driving style! I should be using Tamiya stuff as I race Tamiya Cup, but they allow different brand bodies and wings. What (non Tamiya) wing would you recommend?

Cheers,

Hugo
HugoW is offline  
Old 04-17-2016, 11:23 AM
  #12057  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
AlexPate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,600
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HugoW
Thanks. I saw a Serpent wing go crack today, doesn't look like it will survive my driving style! I should be using Tamiya stuff as I race Tamiya Cup, but they allow different brand bodies and wings. What (non Tamiya) wing would you recommend?

Cheers,

Hugo
I would reccomend trying the mon-tech wings if you don't want to run Tamiya.
Available here https://gripworksrc.com/collections/formula-1
AlexPate is offline  
Old 04-17-2016, 11:26 AM
  #12058  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: the Netherlands
Posts: 328
Default

That is a good recommendation, since I saw many of those today. And since I think the F60 one is, eh, not very pretty, I might go for the Mon-Tech ones.

Hugo
HugoW is offline  
Old 04-17-2016, 12:06 PM
  #12059  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (102)
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Holland, MI
Posts: 6,509
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Is the TRG advance rear wing just a clone of the HPI super F1 wing?
1/8 IC Fan is offline  
Old 04-17-2016, 05:24 PM
  #12060  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
j.d.roost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,259
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AlexPate
Hi Hugo, as far as Tamiya wings go, the f60 front wing is by farthe best, it is also one of the most durable wings out there. The serpent front wing offers loads of downforce while being more fragile. There are also the min-tech wings, I haven't tried them yet but will soon. For rear wings unless your racing Tcs I would stay away from Tamiya wings as they are not very durable. The most durable rear wing I have found is the 3 rack rear wing. It tends to balance the f60 wing quite well.
Hope this helps
I have switched from my "go to wing" (Tamiya f60) to this wing.

http://shop.awesomatixusa.com/mon-te...ont-white.html

It offers a tad more downforce and is stronger.
The Snake wing..as mentioned works fantastic...but will snap on you.

Last edited by j.d.roost; 04-17-2016 at 05:41 PM.
j.d.roost is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.