Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Like Tree2820Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Old 11-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It is the drivers who bring every class to life. If in UF1 most driver want scale appearance then you will have a scale looking field of cars. You will always have some drivers attending who are beginners or have little time or can hardly afford the hobby. These guys are for sure happy if they don't have to read and follow a lot of rules for the body appearance only. It takes a lot of time to make a good scale F1 body. If now the rules would also demand for a detailed cockpit
Don't get me wrong. I am mad enough to spend money and hours of time for it, but you cannot expect a full time working dad with two young kids to have enough spare time for the hobby without destroying freedom in his home. Now tell him he or his kids can't participate because his driver figure has no lcd sticker on the steering wheel...

Less rules are always better!
Old 11-11-2013, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

I personally feel that scale look is better achieved by using the reverse formed side pods. I'd be more up tight about making those mandatory than anything.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by al dente
I personally feel that scale look is better achieved by using the reverse formed side pods. I'd be more up tight about making those mandatory than anything.
Ok, who are you and what did you do with Mario?
The planets must be in perfect alignment because we agree on this.
For me it's all the parts coming together to make a great looking car sidepods, wings, mirrors, cockpit, tire markings etc.
Mediocre standards breeds mediocrity, and keep in mind this is not a entry level class by any stretch.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I have to admit, I didn't want to hack up a perfectly solid body to attach the "optional" but more scale realistic side pods. I did it anyway, mostly due to peer pressure, but looking back now... I'm glad I did. The body looks pretty awesome with the properly formed sides.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yesterday, at Rclandia, the site of the 2014 1/12 Euros, we've had the Automodelli.it Trophy.

I'm extremely happy to say that Fenix Suzuka made a clean sweep.... kinda of.... "Take no prisoners tour"

http://www.redrc.net/2013/11/nico-ca...li/#more-73762

Some facts...

Pole position: Matteo Berlincioni - Fenix Su-zuka
Runner up: Nico Catelani - Fenix Su-zuka
Best lap: Nico Catelani - 16.107
2nd Best lap: Matteo Berlincioni 16.316
Closer chaser... 1 lap down... in every "A main"....on "non" Fenix Su-zuka...

An huge "Thank you, guys!!!"

Classification, as per the rule (2 on 3) but enlightening the single best results

A main
CATELANI Nico - Fenix Su-zuka - 36/10.14.425
BERLINCIONI Matteo - Fenix Su-zuka - 36/10.11.492
TORREGGIANI Luca - IRC - 35/10.0.141
AQUILINO Andrea - Yokomo - 35/10.02.563
CAMPANINI Davide - WRC - 35/10.03.342
SELVA ANDREA - IRC - 34/10.14.217
MONZANI riccardo - Fenix Su-zuka - 34/10.05.822
LUPPI Stefano - Fenix Su-zuka - 33/10.08.089
BOTTIGNOL Paolo - IRC - 33/10.03.982
CARBONE Davide - IRC - 33/10.13.893

B Main
Favaretto - Fenix Su-zuka 34/10.08.170 (it's me, the guy that drawn the car!!!)
Rabitti E - VBC - 33/10.11.542
Mancin - Fenix Su-zuka 30/10.02.068
Old 11-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Good question, but as I stated before, I have no problem with the tribal flamed schemes,I just think there are plenty of other classes where they are more relevant. And honestly what really drives me nuts is a plain white body with no stickers or detail whatsoever. I think there should be standards for the F1 class so that it is always the best looking class on the track, tire markings and cockpit detailing should be a part of those standards.
Agreed Though we do have 1 all black car running at our track...my fault. It is my old car that was intended to be done up as the Lotus scheme but I didn't put the stickers on because I wasn't happy with how I assembled the body. Always figured I'd use that as a practice body and paint up another later...ended up doing a whole new car instead.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

My passion for F1 started with the 1979 Long Beach Grad Prix working as a flagman (corner worker). The experience of the likes of Nelson Piquet, Nigel Mansell, Gilles Villeneuve, Mario Andretti, Alan Jones, Niki Lauda and James Hunt (the rivals the movie RUSH is based on), John Watson and Emerson Fittpaldi blasting buy at 120 mph with just 3 feet and a concrete wall between us, well, you get the idea. I am not a sponsored or factory driver and I am not pushing a product. I am a hobbyist, was a modeler as a kid and yes, do try to be competitive. And I also remember a young Keke Rosberg (that old guy whose son Nico is winning races for Mercedes now) bouncing his pink Ralt RT-1 with Durex condom's and Penthouse magazine sponsorship off the Long Beach walls in the Formula Atlantic support race. The realism of RC F1 is what has made the class. With the UF1 series, we added a team series (with yes, two identical cars painted the same like real F1) and pit stops during the race to make the series that much more special. If the enthusiasts like myself lose interest because the class becomes a bunch of ugly cars with pan car front suspensions, the class will die off....again.

I have run two color blue and white paint schemes since my road racing days in the '80's and '90's. Was fun to carry that over to my "standard" racing paint scheme for RC cars. Looked good on the Tyrrell Yamaha and Lotus 107B F103 bodies. Yes, I have done the same to my current F104 McLaren body, just don't have pics. And before people scream "flames", my inspiration was the Toyota F1 cars. For this seasons UF1 Winter Series, I used my regular colors, made a paint scheme up in my head one night and the Mild Seven decals just worked with it. Funny, I am drawn to tobacco sponsorship on most my cars and I never smoked. The moral is with a little work and a little patience, you can have a really cool and realistic F1 car without have five red Ferraris and five black Lotus. And a trick t make that really cool car last longer. buy an extra set of front and rear wings and use those for practice. That is what gets tore up the most on an F1 car. Save the pretty painted and decaled wings for the races and you can get over a year on one nice body.

Panda
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-f103-bmw-005.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-blue-thunder-f1-003.jpg  
Old 11-12-2013, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Ed D - this is the Mild Seven McLaren I just painted up two of for our UF1 Winter Series. Colors influenced by the Benetton B194, B195 and Tyrrell Yamaha 023 and some of the later Benetton's that all had one thin in common, sponsorship by Mild Seven. Turns out the two color blue and white were the standard colors for Mild Seven cigarettes. Enjoyed using my regular colors to create this one. And it was originally going to be an all white practice body.

Panda
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-mild-seven-mercedes-001.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-mild-seven-mercedes-004.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-mild-seven-mercedes-007.jpg  
Old 11-12-2013, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

Even a simple 1980's paint scheme of the Leyton House March team looks good on an F103 or F104 body.

Panda
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-leyton-house-f103-006.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-leyton-house-f104-001.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-leyton-house-f104-002.jpg  
Old 11-12-2013, 11:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Even a simple 1980's paint scheme of the Leyton House March team looks good on an F103 or F104 body.

Panda
Looks great, which decals and paint did you use ?
Old 11-13-2013, 06:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ed D - this is the Mild Seven McLaren I just painted up two of for our UF1 Winter Series. Colors influenced by the Benetton B194, B195 and Tyrrell Yamaha 023 and some of the later Benetton's that all had one thin in common, sponsorship by Mild Seven. Turns out the two color blue and white were the standard colors for Mild Seven cigarettes. Enjoyed using my regular colors to create this one. And it was originally going to be an all white practice body.

Panda
Panda, that looks great! I've always loved that Leyton House paint scheme. What paint did you use for the LH aqua color? Also, what paint do you use on the plastic front and rear wings? Thanks, Ed D.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

...pink Ralt RT-1 with Durex condom's and Penthouse magazine sponsorship...
Now you got my attention. Imagine a Wacoal Toyota color scheme plastered with Durex and Penthouse...winning
Old 11-13-2013, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ed Delgado
Panda, that looks great! I've always loved that Leyton House paint scheme. What paint did you use for the LH aqua color? Also, what paint do you use on the plastic front and rear wings? Thanks, Ed D.
The wings on the Leyton House are colored in vinyl. A local
RC / craft shop had the color. Got lucky on that one. The decals were from D-Drive. For the paint, I only use rattle can so I learned a trick. Paint the inside first with Tamiya PS-55 flat clear. Then I think it was TS-41 Coral Blue. Out of town so can't say for sure. The TS sticks to the PS flat clear and that opens the horizons of us rattle can artists.

Panda
Old 11-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The wings on the Leyton House are colored in vinyl. A local
RC / craft shop had the color. Got lucky on that one. The decals were from D-Drive. For the paint, I only use rattle can so I learned a trick. Paint the inside first with Tamiya PS-55 flat clear. Then I think it was TS-41 Coral Blue. Out of town so can't say for sure. The TS sticks to the PS flat clear and that opens the horizons of us rattle can artists.

Panda
Ok, so the body for the Leyton House was done with first flat clear, a PS spray can, then the TS color. How about the plastic front and rear wing on the yellow and green Benetton B191 inspired car? Did you use a TS spray on those or the PS? I'm thinking of doing a yellow Camel/Lotus scheme on a newer McLaren and wondering what paint to use on the wings- whether I should us the Tamiya PS with a clear overcoat or just use a matching TS color. Thanks, Ed D.
BTW, I found the Leyton House body and stickers on http://www.rc-expert.com/110-1990-le...88-p-5536.html

Last edited by Ed Delgado; 11-13-2013 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Added body info
Old 11-14-2013, 12:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ed Delgado
Ok, so the body for the Leyton House was done with first flat clear, a PS spray can, then the TS color. How about the plastic front and rear wing on the yellow and green Benetton B191 inspired car? Did you use a TS spray on those or the PS? I'm thinking of doing a yellow Camel/Lotus scheme on a newer McLaren and wondering what paint to use on the wings- whether I should us the Tamiya PS with a clear overcoat or just use a matching TS color. Thanks, Ed D.
BTW, I found the Leyton House body and stickers on http://www.rc-expert.com/110-1990-le...88-p-5536.html
On the yellow Camel Benetton and the Blue / white Mild Seven cars, I shoot the wing parts first with a plastic clear primer (I use Lowe's Velspar brand), then paint white with Tamiya PS-1 as an undercoat then the color. On the Camel yellow, same Tamiya PS camel color you paint the body shell with. Under abuse, you will scuff the front wing and can touch up if desired. Rear wing gets less abuse and holds up longer.

Panda

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.