Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Like Tree2894Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Old 07-07-2013, 06:04 PM
Tech Addict

Check out our comprehensive coverage of the Asian On road Championship Rd2 in Melbourne last weekend. Photos, results, which chassis were used, drivers setups and more.

www.rcformula1.com.au (on the home page)
Old 07-07-2013, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by terry.sc
The Williams Fw18 wing is a Tamiya part. Long discontinued but there's still plenty of them about. Part number is 0555079.
thank you, ima F1 noob
Old 07-07-2013, 10:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Those of you running F104v2's; how are you placing your ESC/RX and battery?

I want to use my shorty packs and was curious what the optimal battery location is, forward (butt up against steering servo) or rearward? I have seen people squeeze the ESX/RX under the rear shock and that is what I am planning to do with the battery forward. Open to any input or other suggestions.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:00 PM
Tech Addict

Almost forgot, my unboxing video!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justinco

I want to use my shorty packs and was curious what the optimal battery location is, forward (butt up against steering servo) or rearward? I have seen people squeeze the ESX/RX under the rear shock and that is what I am planning to do with the battery forward. Open to any input or other suggestions.
I have my shorty Lipo in the forward position with the esc and receiver in the rear. For outdoor asphalt the car has a good balance from the start (box setup) if you use the same rubber compound front and rear.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:21 AM
Tech Regular

Most everybody says shorty battery up front.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by all4fun
Agreed.

It also makes the wiring much tidier. Our Guide to the F104v2 shows photos with the battery forward and to the rear. As you can see the wiring is difficult to keep tidy when the battery is rearward and the ESC forward.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jeppesen
Hi guys.

Just ordered me a WRC F-one 180, and I am very exited to try out the F1 class, but, it is new for me to race pan cars, so any tricks and tips would be much appriciated.

I'we ordered the torsion bar, side spring set, front spring set, carbid diff balls, and damper spring set, and I hope I get the tranversal damper also in package, i ordered it later.

I have ordered Ride rubber tyres, as we are going to race on carpet with rubber tyres.

Any good set up tips for low to medium grip tracks, just to have a start point, would be a great help.

Thanx
The WRC F-180 is not popular in Australia although there are some guys in the North East who are enjoying it. You can find some info and links here including a build report.

We used Ride tyres on high grip CRC carpet at the AOC in Melbourne last weekend. They were very good. Traction compound used was LRP Top Carpet v3.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wtcc
I have my shorty Lipo in the forward position with the esc and receiver in the rear. For outdoor asphalt the car has a good balance from the start (box setup) if you use the same rubber compound front and rear.
Originally Posted by all4fun
Originally Posted by RCformula1
Agreed.

It also makes the wiring much tidier. Our Guide to the F104v2 shows photos with the battery forward and to the rear. As you can see the wiring is difficult to keep tidy when the battery is rearward and the ESC forward.
Great, thanks guys!
Old 07-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Suspended

Brad, Whats the Chances of getting the Williams 600 vinyl done?

Would'nt mind having that, I thought it looked cool in Germany this weekend

While I'm at it... a couple of questions for my build please!
I know quite a few of you have suggested many different options for my electronics - So far Im looking at a Reedy 21.5T V2 for the motor, Still undecided on a servo, a Futaba 4PL transmitter / reciever and I still have no Idea for a ESC. Does anybody have the Futaba 4PL? Im after something with plenty of options that I wont want to replace in a years time!

Having watched the F104 setup video's I have a few ideas. Especially using a shortly Lipo and having my ESC and reciever in a straight line along the centre. Anything wrong with doing that? Will it work on the TRF101?

And lastly(!) Im going to go the Williams team 600 anniversary for my first body - Any ideas which bodyshell would be closest? The kinked nose would look wrong, as would the curved nose and I dont know if a straight one is available. Any ideas guys?

Many thanks!

Last edited by simmo0916; 07-08-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Anyone else bend their Exotek F104 wheels?

Just found out I bent a rear one, so it wobbles when I spin it. Just noticed it now and don't recall any huge, spectacular crashes since I've put them on.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan
Anyone else bend their Exotek F104 wheels?

Just found out I bent a rear one, so it wobbles when I spin it. Just noticed it now and don't recall any huge, spectacular crashes since I've put them on.
We had 2 guys damage theirs. I think one was a bending issue, and he is a top notch driver and doesn't hit anything. The other one shattered one, but he hits a few things here and there. So it sounds like they are pretty weak.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:24 PM
Tech Addict

I'm in the process of painting my Ferrari 2012 body for my F104v2. Manual says to paint the inside of the body, like I would expect, then peel off exterior film and paint the cockpit. However, the cockpit paints that are referenced are spray paints. I am planning on just spraying some paint into a small can or something then brushing it on. Is there a better approach?
Old 07-08-2013, 10:14 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerz616
We had 2 guys damage theirs. I think one was a bending issue, and he is a top notch driver and doesn't hit anything. The other one shattered one, but he hits a few things here and there. So it sounds like they are pretty weak.
Thanks, thought I was the only one. Bit of a bummer since I'm gluing some expensive Tamiya/Shimizu rubber.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm in the process of painting my Ferrari 2012 body for my F104v2. Manual says to paint the inside of the body, like I would expect, then peel off exterior film and paint the cockpit. However, the cockpit paints that are referenced are spray paints. I am planning on just spraying some paint into a small can or something then brushing it on. Is there a better approach?
Paint the driver area from the outside using any type of plastic model paint in a small bottle. Tamiya makes some and Testors model paint works well too. should be able to find one or both at any local hobby shop that sells plastic models also. Look for "flat" paints as the dull look is more realistic than a gloss color.

Panda

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.