Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2895Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 08:50 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Maybe the problem starts with Whitmash when he took over in 2009. Ron Dennis has always been a no BS sort of person when it came to his team. Will agree that losing Newey was an additonal blow to the team.

I'm not a huge fan of Hamilton but I am enjoying it a bit this year to see him doing well at Mercedes when everyone else was saying it was a wrong move. Even I thought it was a bad move at the time. Guess we'll see Mercedes concentrate more of their resources in the team now that they are cutting off ties with Mclaren.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Just finished this up.. Gonna run it this weekend. Haven't run these Pardus spec tires yet but we'll find out tomorrow what deal is..
Anyways, here pics to prove that it happen

[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
Old 05-16-2013, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PhilippineEagle
I started watching F1 in 2000 and immediately became a McLaren fan. However through the years I have realized that McLaren's success was primarily because of the genius of Adrian Newey. When politics prompted Newey to leave for Red Bull the effects were immediately seen. Sadly, McLaren's & Mercedes management will never recover from loosing the greatest F1 designer and brain.

I don't want to jump on Red Bull's bandwagon, so I no longer root for a Manufacturer or Driver... I'm a Newey fan!!!

It takes Michael Schumacher (in his prime) + Ross Brawn + Rory Byrne to beat Adrian Newey! The past 20 years F1 has been Formula Newey, He did the Williams cars that dominated most of the 90's, then the Mclarens you mentioned and everyone knows about the current Red Bulls.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M3Roc
Just finished this up.. Gonna run it this weekend. Haven't run these Pardus spec tires yet but we'll find out tomorrow what deal is..
Anyways, here pics to prove that it happen

[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]

Neat build mate, is it an X1? How have you mounted the ESC?
Old 05-16-2013, 10:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am never going to be a Shumacher or Ferrari fan... But I will acknowledge that Shumacher was the best wet weather driver I've seen and that Ferrari has the best administrative and pit team. I respect them both greatly.

M3Roc: Interesting paint color(s) for McLaren livery. I wanted to do a gold colored McLaren. Replace all the glittery silver of McLaren with Glittering Gold and keep everything else the same. However I am still new to RC F1 and have never painted any body/shell yet. I've been searching to hire/pay someone who could do the work here in the Philippines, but still out of luck.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Manny
It takes Michael Schumacher (in his prime) + Ross Brawn + Rory Byrne to beat Adrian Newey! The past 20 years F1 has been Formula Newey, He did the Williams cars that dominated most of the 90's, then the Mclarens you mentioned and everyone knows about the current Red Bulls.
Except for the year Brawn won
Old 05-16-2013, 11:45 PM
Tech Master

Im breaking so many F1 rules here it would get me excommunicated from the club lol.. I don't like the silver, its everywhere.. I decided a black fade up to red.. Also, this is the F104 Pro with the Tamiya carbon fiber bottom and this add on from RSector. The ESC is mounted with two sided tape on one of those small wings that stick out. The new version 2 sorta incorporates these small "wings" into the bottom chassis.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PhilippineEagle
I am never going to be a Shumacher or Ferrari fan... But I will acknowledge that Shumacher was the best wet weather driver I've seen and that Ferrari has the best administrative and pit team. I respect them both greatly.

M3Roc: Interesting paint color(s) for McLaren livery. I wanted to do a gold colored McLaren. Replace all the glittery silver of McLaren with Glittering Gold and keep everything else the same. However I am still new to RC F1 and have never painted any body/shell yet. I've been searching to hire/pay someone who could do the work here in the Philippines, but still out of luck.
To be honest, this is my first paint job. I used Pectra rattle can black and red. I didn't want the traditional livery or colors so I went off with something else. Its a black to red fade and I think it will distinguish my car from all the others on the track. I am also looking for local financial sponsors so that's why I only put very limited livery on the car, I only want actual sponsors on my car. The paint job was actually easier then I thought it would be, just wash the inside of the shell really well, use a razor to score your lines and then bend and "break" away all the unwanted polycarb. For a first time shell, I think it turned out well.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M3Roc
To be honest, this is my first paint job. I used Pectra rattle can black and red. I didn't want the traditional livery or colors so I went off with something else. Its a black to red fade and I think it will distinguish my car from all the others on the track. I am also looking for local financial sponsors so that's why I only put very limited livery on the car, I only want actual sponsors on my car. The paint job was actually easier then I thought it would be, just wash the inside of the shell really well, use a razor to score your lines and then bend and "break" away all the unwanted polycarb. For a first time shell, I think it turned out well.
How's the visibility of the body when you run on the track (indoor and outdoor)?
Old 05-17-2013, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Newey's Contract

How long is his current contract with the Red Bull Racing?

Which team you guys think he will "help" next?
Old 05-17-2013, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by superspeed
How's the visibility of the body when you run on the track (indoor and outdoor)?
I wont know until later today. I have a practice for tomorrows race so ill have that answer for you later. I may take a picture from the race stand just to get a better idea. It was originally going to be all black but all the typical colors have been taken already. I think my next paint theme will be light blue and yellow, white and red or white and green for a MtnDew theme. It will cover the high visibility and also give me a new color theme.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003
I'm looking to buy a FRP 2.5 chassis for my F103 15th Anniversary. Do you know where I can source one? They're quite hard to find here in Japan. I know the part number is 4005040, is there an OP number?

Cheers.
Are you talking about the chassis that comes with the 15TH Anniversary? Its not FRP,its carbon,but there are two different carbon F103 chassis plates.and im not talking about the printing on the bottom. The actual carbon is different,I have both if you know which one you want,drop me a PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi All, Some new 104 updates are in;

http://www.exotekracing.com/latest-products/

Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-dsc_0564.jpg  
Old 05-18-2013, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I had an awesome clubraceday with my F104v2pro today. I sweeped all three races with the standard box setup and could even withstand a Corally F1. Not in fastest laptime, but with a constant driving. It was also my first 2wd raceday and I learned a lot with driving and braking a 2wd car. It was a lot of fun two drive and watch the scale Ferrari F60 body.

I was really surprised how well the car is balanced out of the box for outdoor asphalt and Tamiya foam tires.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Mike,
I really wish you would put out a "pro" conversion kit with all of these mods.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.