1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

You're on Page 395 of 931
Go to
  • Quote: I think that is the team. I'm just not thinking straight with my dates.

    Mr. Wagner, that T.O.P. car is fast, but I think you guys need a new *ahem* motor/ESC supplier as evidenced by the Team JPS/Lotus results of this past weekend
    What happened?
  • Quote:
    rebel can use the F104 front arms and servo mount? would the F103 front end fit as well?
  • Quote: rebel can use the F104 front arms and servo mount? would the F103 front end fit as well?
    i believe the f103 front end does fit also,these t.o.p. f1's are a very nice car even if a little pricey
  • The mounting holes for the 103 and 104 are the same...so yeah it should fit. The only difference is the 104 arms connect back to the servo mounts which have no affect on attaching F103 arms...so yeah they will fit.
  • great! thanks for the info...

    something to put on the xmas wishlist...
  • Shorty packs
    I haven't come across much information on shorty lipo packs being used in F103's. Is it a wise decision to go with shorty packs instead of the traditional length packs? I was thinking they regular length packs would yield better side-to-side weight transitioning to the rear wheels.

    What are you thoughts on two battery types? Shorty or Regular length?

    Also, what are your thoughts on 21.5 motors? Should I be aiming towards a motor with a higher KV? What gearing/roll out should I start off with?

    In addition, what shock oil weight and top plate grease should I use for a paved out door track?


    Cheers.

    Edward.
  • Quote: I haven't come across much information on shorty lipo packs being used in F103's. Is it a wise decision to go with shorty packs instead of the traditional length packs? I was thinking they regular length packs would yield better side-to-side weight transitioning to the rear wheels.

    What are you thoughts on two battery types? Shorty or Regular length?
    I found at my club track where we often struggle for good traction the additional weight of a standard lipo was the best option. When I've raced my 103 on another local track with superior traction, weight bias toward the rear or weight over the rear axle was not as critical and the shortly lipo was fine.
  • Quote: What happened?
    During the main warm-up, both Lotus cars were fine, but then as we lined up, Eric's car sounded like there was a sensor/cogging problem and Cameron's car just didn't work. Eventually, Eric got his car going with a push-start at the tone and was running up front, but faded quickly as I recally his car going backwards quickly during the last 2 minutes.

    Quote: I found at my club track where we often struggle for good traction the additional weight of a standard lipo was the best option. When I've raced my 103 on another local track with superior traction, weight bias toward the rear or weight over the rear axle was not as critical and the shortly lipo was fine.
    First depending on the battery, there is only a negligible difference in weight between a short or standard battery of the same capacity: a standard ThunderPower 3800 pack came in at 240.1g while a short ProTek 3800 pack came in at 239.8g (according to my $30 digital scale).

    I only ever ran my F103 once, and I experimented with both the short and standard packs, and found that the standard pack was easier to drive, though less responsive, not due to the weight, but most likely to the weight distributed over a wider area and needing that fraction of a second longer to overcome the inertia of a mass placed farther from the center-line of the chassis.

    FYI, I was running just a stock F103 RS with Tamiya Type A tires, which still worked great after being in the box for 10 years! Wish they still made this compound as I was keeping up well with the Shimizu shod cars that day without having to use traction compound.

    Would like it if there was a "historical" F1 class to run cars out of spec from the current adopted standard of 190mm and rubber tires--any F1 chassis/tire/motor combo.
  • i'm building a body prototype for my formula 1 right now and for comparrison, i would like to know if somebody could tell me the weight of a f103/f104 body?
  • In Roseville, my steering servo decided to take a dump. I accidentally left the switch on for a few minutes after the last practice session before the mains, while the radio was off....I am pretty sure that had something to do with it. It was an ancient Airtronics 94145. It was so old that it didn't even have the "new" Z connector! Watch for a press release on rcfia.com.
  • I think some sort of EMP pulse was aimed at Eric and Cameron's cars
    not pointing any fingers, MARCHRIS
    kidding
  • Quote: i'm building a body prototype for my formula 1 right now and for comparrison, i would like to know if somebody could tell me the weight of a f103/f104 body?
    The plain body unpainted and trimmed for the chassis would be around 20-30 grams. They are made of 0.8 or 1mm thick polycarbonate.
  • Any Kyosho fans that are still racing chassis like Impress, SR-5, F1, and Indy?
  • Quote:
    Would like it if there was a "historical" F1 class to run cars out of spec from the current adopted standard of 190mm and rubber tires--any F1 chassis/tire/motor combo.
    I was talking to Cameron about this last Saturday. We were agreeing that it would be cool to see an "outlaw" F1 class with 200mm wide setups, foams, run whatever motor you want. But we want to keep the regular F1 class with the rules going strong. I would have no problem running both classes on race day though.

    Since my V2 is my primary race car now, I converted my X1 to wide configuration. I have to finish painting my Ferrari 643 body for it. But its on foams and I'm going to dial in some boost for the 21.5 since I sold most of my 17.5's already. I have a spare 13.5 but it would probably be waaay too uncontrollable. Haha
  • F-103
    Foam Tires
    21.5 Boosted

    Game Over \\


    Popular class for a while before UF1 formed

Similar Threads