Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Like Tree1126Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Reply

Old 09-18-2012, 05:11 AM
  #5896  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,020
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rccartips View Post
Hi guys, just sharing. Photos, videos, rules, events, etc.

F1RC Club of the Philippines


Here's our shirt.



Thanks for looking.
looks awesome...Any way to get one of those shirts over here in the US??
k_bojar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:24 AM
  #5897  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,111
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Thanks guys for liking the shirt. Unfortunately we don't have the resource to process overseas orders. Sorry.
rccartips is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:56 AM
  #5898  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,676
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Can anyone who runs a F104 Pro w/ the X1 long upper deck post pics of your electronics setup?


What is more common...shorty pack with ESC/RX in front of pack or shorty pack with RX in front and ESC behind it closer to motor?
Nexus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:32 AM
  #5899  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 87
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Concerning "shorty" style battery packs:

I really liked the handling of my car with the standard length Li-Po packs, so all I did was mark on the chassis where the mid-point of the standard pack was, and matched the mid-point of my shorty pack with this location.

Coincidentally, this gave me room to mount the esc behind the battery and esc/transponder in front of the battery. Weight distribution has remained the same at 55/45.

The main reason I went with the shorty pack was more out of convenience and security for my electronics--they could be tucked into the chassis and the chances of anything coming loose when the side-pods got any contact are now zero. It also allowed me easier access to changing out batteries and allowed for a much neater wiring run.
TwoWheel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:54 AM
  #5900  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,676
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TwoWheel View Post
Concerning "shorty" style battery packs:

I really liked the handling of my car with the standard length Li-Po packs, so all I did was mark on the chassis where the mid-point of the standard pack was, and matched the mid-point of my shorty pack with this location.

Coincidentally, this gave me room to mount the esc behind the battery and esc/transponder in front of the battery. Weight distribution has remained the same at 55/45.

The main reason I went with the shorty pack was more out of convenience and security for my electronics--they could be tucked into the chassis and the chances of anything coming loose when the side-pods got any contact are now zero. It also allowed me easier access to changing out batteries and allowed for a much neater wiring run.
Did you mean to put RX in your post above somewhere? Unless you are running 2 ESCs! :P
Nexus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:27 AM
  #5901  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 87
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
Did you mean to put RX in your post above somewhere? Unless you are running 2 ESCs! :P
I knew someone would catch it--just too lazy to edit!

RX and transponder in front of the battery.

Now two ESCs and two motors, one for each side...variable speeds for additional turning possibilities...there's an F1 idea for you!

Kind of reminds me when one of the F1 teams from the late 80's/early 90's had a 3rd pedal to bias the rear brake independently from the front for a little extra steering...bonus points to whomever can get the name of that team.
TwoWheel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:13 PM
  #5902  
dfx
Tech Adept
 
dfx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 131
Default

Originally Posted by TwoWheel View Post
Concerning "shorty" style battery packs...
this gave me room to mount the esc behind the battery and esc/transponder in front of the battery....
It also allowed me easier access to changing out batteries and allowed for a much neater wiring run.
Don't You have some pictures? I need inspiration for clean wiring job...
dfx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:45 PM
  #5903  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
NewWestF1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 173
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Benneton if memory serves ....

Originally Posted by TwoWheel View Post
I knew someone would catch it--just too lazy to edit!

RX and transponder in front of the battery.

Now two ESCs and two motors, one for each side...variable speeds for additional turning possibilities...there's an F1 idea for you!

Kind of reminds me when one of the F1 teams from the late 80's/early 90's had a 3rd pedal to bias the rear brake independently from the front for a little extra steering...bonus points to whomever can get the name of that team.
NewWestF1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:34 PM
  #5904  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 210
Default

Originally Posted by NewWestF1 View Post
Benneton if memory serves ....
nope. mclaren
kb525 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:49 PM
  #5905  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,294
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TwoWheel View Post
I knew someone would catch it--just too lazy to edit!

RX and transponder in front of the battery.

Now two ESCs and two motors, one for each side...variable speeds for additional turning possibilities...there's an F1 idea for you!

Kind of reminds me when one of the F1 teams from the late 80's/early 90's had a 3rd pedal to bias the rear brake independently from the front for a little extra steering...bonus points to whomever can get the name of that team.
It was McLaren, but it was late 90's early 2000's, I think Hakkinnen drove it.
BP SHADOW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:55 PM
  #5906  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
nikos2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: any where I can race!
Posts: 4,829
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Yep, Mika and DC had it with the MP4/12, 1997
nikos2002 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:03 PM
  #5907  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,111
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Hello, had our F1RC Club Singapore GP race last Saturday, 12th race for the year. Our biggest turnout so far with 27 racers. Just some photos.

B-Main grid of 14 cars


Steering wheel trophies made of thick glass.


Eat and run.


The winner. Superfast, using a 180mm car to beat the F103s and F104Ws.


Video - Amain #3
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


Full event photos, writeup here.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by rccartips; 09-18-2012 at 06:35 PM.
rccartips is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:08 PM
  #5908  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 153
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

TOP Rebel R-F01 wins the Top Gun race at Nor-Cal Hobbies on 9/9/2012. Driven by myself. Fighter helmets went to the winners, it stands out on the shelf!

wagnerov is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:53 PM
  #5909  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 87
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nikos2002 View Post
Yep, Mika and DC had it with the MP4/12, 1997
I think that is the team. I'm just not thinking straight with my dates.

Mr. Wagner, that T.O.P. car is fast, but I think you guys need a new *ahem* motor/ESC supplier as evidenced by the Team JPS/Lotus results of this past weekend
TwoWheel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:01 PM
  #5910  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
NewWestF1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 173
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nikos2002 View Post
Yep, Mika and DC had it with the MP4/12, 1997
I stand corrected.
NewWestF1 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service