Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... > 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Like Tree965Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...


Old 09-05-2012, 05:43 PM
  #5761  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Tracy B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 156
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I've been looking for foam tires for my f109 which uses f103 tires & rims.
I've come across this company Xceed RC Products which sells foam tires.
Wondering if anyone has used them and if so, opinions??
Here is a link:
http://www.xceedrc.com/product/Tyres/all/4
Tracy B is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:23 PM
  #5762  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Pro10noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,139
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Hello Tracy,

I use these tires on my Pro10 and they are good
If it is a low grip track, go for hard front and soft rear.
If there is good grip then go for hard front and medium rear.

regards Roy
Pro10noob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:40 PM
  #5763  
Dan
Tech Elite
iTrader: (52)
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 4,573
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Is there anywhere where you can purchase the Xceed F103 foams in the states?
Dan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:41 AM
  #5764  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Kevin CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "Racing Budget" is an oxymoron
Posts: 3,812
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Did anyone ever post what happened to D-Drive Sports and their now 6+ week "vacation" ? Did this company go out of business ? I am trying to complete 2 "team cars" for the California UF1 Winter Series that are old era Benetton's and I do not have enough of the Camel stickers for both. If anyone has a sheet of these they would like to sell, please PM me. Looking for these.....

Thanks,
Panda
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-camel-decals-001-edited.jpg  
Kevin CBR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:44 AM
  #5765  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,294
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR View Post
Did anyone ever post what happened to D-Drive Sports and their now 6+ week "vacation" ? Did this company go out of business ? I am trying to complete 2 "team cars" for the California UF1 Winter Series that are old era Benetton's and I do not have enough of the Camel stickers for both. If anyone has a sheet of these they would like to sell, please PM me. Looking for these.....

Thanks,
Panda
Panda,
The last I heard from the source, DDrive shut down the English Web Store. I Have the vector art and can get you the Camel logos.
Are you doing the B192 livery?
PM me and we can figure it out
BP SHADOW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:04 AM
  #5766  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 309
Default

Originally Posted by Tracy B View Post
I've been looking for foam tires for my f109 which uses f103 tires & rims.
I've come across this company Xceed RC Products which sells foam tires.
Wondering if anyone has used them and if so, opinions??
Here is a link:
http://www.xceedrc.com/product/Tyres/all/4
Good tires, I use their F1 foams with my F103 Roche Rapide.
Also use Xceeds WGT/pro10 foams with my Corally 10SL and RcDevil 1/10 pancars.

A pity they don`t make F104 foam tires for F104 cars.
rokosam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:24 AM
  #5767  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kaohsiung City, Taiwan
Posts: 1,571
Default

Originally Posted by rokosam View Post
Good tires, I use their F1 foams with my F103 Roche Rapide.
Also use Xceeds WGT/pro10 foams with my Corally 10SL and RcDevil 1/10 pancars.

A pity they don`t make F104 foam tires for F104 cars.
For the record, I haven't tried these yet, but I'm sure someone has:

http://www.teammarketingamerica.com/...oam_Tires.html
JiuHaWong is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:31 AM
  #5768  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 309
Default

Originally Posted by JiuHaWong View Post
For the record, I haven't tried these yet, but I'm sure someone has:

http://www.teammarketingamerica.com/...oam_Tires.html
Yes I know but they are impossible to get for me. Our GQ Spanish (Europe) distributor only sells TT tyres. I e-mailed him months ago asking for F1 tyres but still no anwer. So very bad support.
rokosam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:39 AM
  #5769  
Tech Regular
 
Manny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 368
Default vintage wheels

I'm also curious about D DriveSports in Japan. Their online store has been down for a while. IIRC they have a four spoke "vintage" style wheel for the f103. Does anyone remember these or know where I might get a set? I don't remember the name of the manufacturer.


Last edited by Manny; 09-06-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Manny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:29 PM
  #5770  
Tech Regular
 
MarkBurgess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Norwich, United Kingdom
Posts: 284
Default

Originally Posted by Tracy B View Post
I've been looking for foam tires for my f109 which uses f103 tires & rims.
I've come across this company Xceed RC Products which sells foam tires.
Wondering if anyone has used them and if so, opinions??
Here is a link:
http://www.xceedrc.com/product/Tyres/all/4
Been using them since the supply of F109 kit rears dried up. Ran Xceed hard fronts and soft rears, both on carpet and outdoors on our UK tarmac tracks.

The soft rears are locked in. I can get plenty of steering with the F109 on hard fronts, and ran some superglue around the outside edge. I know some hard run either medium fronts, or run hard fronts with medium rears.

Wear rate is good too...
MarkBurgess is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:59 PM
  #5771  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (64)
 
macavant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: RC dojo
Posts: 705
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JiuHaWong View Post
For the record, I haven't tried these yet, but I'm sure someone has:

http://www.teammarketingamerica.com/...oam_Tires.html
I have them on my F1R. They work well. Traction is excellent even w/o tire additive on a prepped track (Nor-Cal Hobbies). Corner speed is awesome, predictable handling, and stable on the straights. F1R is running a Viper 17.5T boosted / VTX10 and it can handle the torque and top end w/o issues. C1 Medium fronts and C1 soft rears.

Purchased them from that link you posted - and the package arrived in 3 days.

Last edited by macavant; 09-06-2012 at 09:56 PM.
macavant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:51 PM
  #5772  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (64)
 
macavant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: RC dojo
Posts: 705
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

Completed my F104W.GP build today - wanted to pay homage to sir Nigel Mansell and his FW14b. Decals are not as good as F1Paintlab; I will make sure to PM BP Shadow next time before I start my next project...

Paint codes: TS26 (Helmet and wings), PS4, PS19, and PS1.

Still needs some detail work - but wanted to share b4 I destroy it this weekend:






macavant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:12 PM
  #5773  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
texastc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Forney Texas
Posts: 1,650
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

That.
Looks good man. Mad props.

We are flying the Williams colors in Texas too.

texastc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:16 PM
  #5774  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,294
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Car looks good. FW14 decals are already started, trying to get some of these new products out in the wild.
Originally Posted by macavant View Post
Completed my F104W.GP build today - wanted to pay homage to sir Nigel Mansell and his FW14b. Decals are not as good as F1Paintlab; I will make sure to PM BP Shadow next time before I start my next project...

Paint codes: TS26 (Helmet and wings), PS4, PS19, and PS1.

Still needs some detail work - but wanted to share b4 I destroy it this weekend:






BP SHADOW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:29 AM
  #5775  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
fleetmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NSW
Posts: 2,652
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Would love to do a modern take on that Williams !!
fleetmaster is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service