Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2895Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 03:32 PM
Tech Champion

Well not only the arms...there are other areas that they could adjust to bring the car into 180mm like the off-set in the rear uprights as an example. Or even a combination like narrowing the upright off-set by 3mm and the arms by 2mm. I think it was ultimately not a good thing for the class that 3Racing chose to go that route. But perhaps Tamiya will pick up on it and maybe do a version of the F104 at 190mm.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JiuHaWong
You mean a vehicle like the old RC10 DS; which was the RC10 chassis with smaller wheels and out of scale bodies?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 190mm was standard since the Ta01. The original HPI RS4 was the only car that was able to do either 190 or 200. I see you point though, it wasn't true to scale like it should have been.

So I'm beginning to wonder: If a national set of rules (or even a international set) were to allow up to 200mm, would that mean that everyone would flock to 200mm for performance?
Don't know of a RC10 DS, must have been a US only car.
The cars was things like your 4x4 buggys, like Cats and Yoks, but used the 235mm Saloons bodies.

The TA01 was standard wheel at 180, and offset wheel could be 188.
YR4 was 190 with own wheel, and didn't use a hex, just a pin direct to wheel (like SC10 rear)

UK runs 2 classes, 190 Rubber and 210 Foam/Rubber, with the latter more popular.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
So you got the fronts on but what did you have on the rears?
Do you think the whole combo would work or do you agree with the idea that the 2 different chassis need different tires?

i ran the pit ribs on the back and the 573 on the front. it wasnt too bad, but i didnt like having two kind of rims on the car.
im not sure if the 104 tires would work better, seeing that the fgx chassis has alot to offer in handling dynamics.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 6376vette
The challenge to me is personal. I don't care about winning everything I enter but it is my challenge to myself to make the car better and faster as well as pushing my ability to go faster. I build the cars as I go. I will push myself to get the most out of a car until I decide an upgrade is necessary to get to the "next level" Because it is a personal challenge I don't mind spending money on my toys. I'm not buying what everyone else has to try and keep up just buying what I want to improve myself and the car.
very well said there
Old 02-23-2012, 09:47 PM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

F1 RC racing, Sydney style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkol1tD1HDc

This is Q2 at an SMA Tuesday night club meet. I was hoping the final would be up by now, but I'm very thankful to the guy who managed to capture this. Ignore, if you will, the two pan cars
Old 02-23-2012, 11:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Nice track
Our track
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y00uwKLjoA
And a little update on how it is now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ios5PL0P5Q0
https://picasaweb.google.com/tazzie0...racingMidland#

regards Roy

Last edited by Pro10noob; 02-24-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
Nice track

regards Roy

+1
Old 02-24-2012, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

After mulling it over for a while, since my only big problem with our rules here is the paint scheme, in the end it's a pretty stupid thing to keep me out of it. My concern is that at some point I'll get tied up with other cars that look like mine and will get confused. Fortunately real race teams will make subtle changes to differentiate each driver from each other so I've decided I will pick the real paint scheme that I want to run and will then just do a little highlight such as a standout color on the intake box/rollover structure or wing ends. Nothing pink or anything like that. It it's a Ferrari then instead of running black wing ends (assuming that's what they run), mine might be red. Something subtle like that but appropriate to whatever paint scheme is chosen. It's a believable thing that could happen in the real world and will still quite easily preserve the intent of the rules so hopefully no one would take issue with it. I just need to know for certain what car is mine should it be surrounded by others that look like it.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fredswain
After mulling it over for a while, since my only big problem with our rules here is the paint scheme, in the end it's a pretty stupid thing to keep me out of it. My concern is that at some point I'll get tied up with other cars that look like mine and will get confused. Fortunately real race teams will make subtle changes to differentiate each driver from each other so I've decided I will pick the real paint scheme that I want to run and will then just do a little highlight such as a standout color on the intake box/rollover structure or wing ends. Nothing pink or anything like that. It it's a Ferrari then instead of running black wing ends (assuming that's what they run), mine might be red. Something subtle like that but appropriate to whatever paint scheme is chosen. It's a believable thing that could happen in the real world and will still quite easily preserve the intent of the rules so hopefully no one would take issue with it. I just need to know for certain what car is mine should it be surrounded by others that look like it.
If you want to get really into it you can replicate a car from a certain race. The paint schemes on the full size cars will change from race to race. It may be one little sponsorship decal all the way up to a full car repaint for a special occasion.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 6376vette
If you want to get really into it you can replicate a car from a certain race. The paint schemes on the full size cars will change from race to race. It may be one little sponsorship decal all the way up to a full car repaint for a special occasion.
Not this year, lol. As far as I read, all F1 liveries must retain the same paint-job for the entire series.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Howler
Not this year, lol. As far as I read, all F1 liveries must retain the same paint-job for the entire series.
Yawn....
Old 02-24-2012, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think he is talking about in the real F1 car series not the rc series.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I've raced in fields full of Ferraris and haven't found it to be an issue, (finding my car) guess it could happen tho.

Last edited by F N CUDA; 02-24-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
How wide were the rear tires? Fatties like the 103 or did they just have to widen the rear and run 104 type meats?
104 spec tyres all round... So car is narrow on the rear, wide on the front.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
104 spec tyres all round... So car is narrow on the rear, wide on the front.
And that works? I'd be thinkin it'd push like a hard up crack dealer.
No widening for the rear even with 104 spec tires?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.