Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Like Tree2540Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Old 08-30-2022, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Some new lids painted today
Old 08-30-2022, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Did you rotate your tires? Ya'll should try what I suggested to spray the track with. But whatever works for you guys on the West Coast I know what works for us here in Florida.
Old 08-30-2022, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I've tried rotating the fronts and it does improve their lifepsan but even with that they dont last very long compared to ride ot pit tires. PNW isnt quite the same as sunny FL or even CA for that matter. Spraying does improve grip for all tires including TP but they are still slower by a wide margin.

Pit tires are more than .5s a lap quicker on cooler days and ride cars outperform by a similar margin from the mid 70s up on my local med sized track. For less experienced drivers its teh difference between being able yo get around the track or not. As a handout tire on anything but a low grip surface they should work fine but in open tire racing TP is slower and more expensive when factoring lifespan than the better pit & ride tires.
Old 08-31-2022, 01:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChadoSan View Post
I want to try the Ferrari T4 on my Schumacher Icon. That March seems to fit okay on that car.

I'm not having an Icon handy, but due relatively high nose, it might fit.

Don't forget that those "old style" body are made for the F103 style front end
​​​​​​​

Old 08-31-2022, 05:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frito View Post

Some new lids painted today
What body is that in the middle? What manufacturer and model?
Old 08-31-2022, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Its a exotek Body in middle
Old 08-31-2022, 07:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Giorgio View Post
I'm not having an Icon handy, but due relatively high nose, it might fit.

Don't forget that those "old style" body are made for the F103 style front end
I ordered one I will try it and report back
Old 08-31-2022, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The Exotek body won't work on the CRC F1. Went thru all the trouble and it was a waste of time and money. To narrow in the rear and hits the graphite.
Old 08-31-2022, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

i will see what some did at my local track thy just built 2 new crc kits and are running the exotek bodies look up alpha f1 onroad carbondale ill if you have facebook derek and david cox
Old 09-04-2022, 01:37 PM
Tech Addict

Lots of good feedback for tires here but no mention of carpet tire choice.

I always went with CRC/pits. I've heard through the grapevine CRC are now different and not so good as they used to be. Haven't tried a fresh set myself but curious if anyone has seen this first-hand?

Also feed back on other tires for black carpet? Been curious to try ne exotek, volante or Team powers. Heard new gravity are great for carpet but I always hated them on the rug.
Old 09-04-2022, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

So I ran the exotek tires today outdoors on asphalt. Started the day using V3 yellow for sauce. Right out of the bat the car was hooked up it was really unbelievable my first couple of laps were on par with my fastest laps and I broke my all-time fastlap record by 2/10. One thing I noticed throughout the day is the tires are extremely consistent I could knock off the same lap time or within a 10th lap after lap after lap something I could never do with most other tires. It is very hot here in South Florida track temperature started out around 110 and the tires perform flawlessly... towards the latter half of the day the rear tires had incredible grip but the front started to fall off to the tune where the car was a full second slower at the end of the day I think it was because the track temperature got so hot the tires were overheating number one and number two I noticed that the front tires seem to get eaten up using the V3 yellow sauce. I switched to tire tweak for the rest of the day and I noticed the lines that started to develop in the front tires from using the V3 disappeared they weren't as bad. Even though the lap times fell off they remained constant the car was overall slower but I could still knock off the same lap time lap after lap which was nice. Funny thing is as the day went on the rear tires were flawless showing very little where and providing amazing grip all day long no matter the temperature. I'm wondering if the carpet tire that is coming out is a harder compound and will be better for these very high temperatures that we have here. The first battery with these tires it was faster than my F1 on foam and as consistent... it was really an incredible feeling.... My first thoughts were wow this tire is going to be a game changer. I have another set that I will be testing next weekend I will not be using V3 I will simply stick to the tire tweak and see if the wear on the front gets better I melted a pair of team powers medium fronts using the V3 so these new rubber compounds we have to be careful on our sauce choice. Maybe someone from exotek can chime in as to what sauce works the best . Overall these tires are my new favorite tires for formula 1 the level of consistency that they provide is really nice and really allows you to tune the car and see what the changes do because the tire allows you to be so consistent.
MikeR, robk, JCarr and 5 others like this.
Old 09-04-2022, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Here are the rears.... Remember this is a full day of practicing I ran seven battery packs on these tires really pushing them to the limits. Grip really didn't start to go away until after the third pack on the fronts only
gwhiz and GT CRUSING like this.
Old 09-04-2022, 11:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Perfect wear pattern on that rear tire. Hopefully you'll find a way to make the front tires wear out the same as the rears.
Old 09-05-2022, 12:44 AM
Tech Regular

Default Exotek Tire Testing

Hello everyone, I went ahead and did a 2 day tire testing at Cal Raceway to see just how good these new Exotek tires really are. Here are the results for the top 5 tires used throughout all sessions. Note that conditions were extremely hot with track temps around 119F thru 95F and air temperatures of 106F thru 95F. During my entire testing, I used the Xray 2021 kit with a very similar car set up in every run. I kept rotating between tire manufactures every session I could and was using Gravity RC LG2 tire sauce. Overall, I could not beat the Exotek tires at all with any other brand. They are just so good and in a club race, just about everyone was using them and all drivers were within 0.100 seconds of each other in some heats.
MikeR, robk, Rick Vessell and 4 others like this.
Old 09-05-2022, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Have you by chance made some tests without the parameter of tyre prep?
Do these Exotek tyres contain a lot of natural rubber?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.