Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Like Tree2564Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Old 06-29-2022, 05:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by belewis01 View Post
My experience is tires just stop working after a certain number of runs - in F1 you typically start loosing the rear end, especially in fast sweepers - it happens with Gravity / Ride / Hudy - typically 2 sets of rear to one set of fronts and it seems the same thing happens with the Team Powers. You can chase setup, but usually if you put new tires on, your car is back.
I see what you mean. Older Ride (XR, GR and R1) models seem ok but the latest one RIDE VR "rear" seems to have really short life span.

Tested Volante recently, seems to hold up well. SP look similar to Volante I thought (low profile), hope they last longer.
Old 06-29-2022, 08:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by P0d1um View Post
Hello, super excited to get back into f1. I purchased stickers from f1 paint lab and was wondering if itís still operational? And how long ppl wait for product. Iím in the US. Are there other options? Also is there a us dist. That I can purchase a halo? Thanks in advance. Sorry Iím just excited,

Your decals are probably already in the mail. Communication sometimes isnít great from F1 Paint Lab, but they usually ship very quickly. You just donít get a shipping confirmation email.

Iíve ordered from them several times and theyíre decals are great. However, scale-wise they are a better fit for larger bodies like the F104 2017. Todayís bodies are a bit more compact, and I find the decals from RCDecals in the UK fit better. Shipping is quick, too.

Both shops provide a great product.
Old 06-29-2022, 11:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

F1 asphalt racing is really hard on tires...
Old 07-04-2022, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

RC FIA F1 event at Nor-Cal Hobbies yesterday, it's a series for 2 car teams with driver and team points. 30 F1 cars entered, Team Powers Spec tires.
D mains with bump ups. Roche EVO 3 TQ and win, Carrisma 2nd, Exotek 3rd - All running Team Powers motor and ESC.

Dan, Dan the Man, bshookup and 8 others like this.
Old 07-05-2022, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

P1 tires did not work at all in Coral springs this past weekend. Drivers actually had the best luck with the new gravities . it was very hot out track temp was very high. So far it's looking like different tracks require a specific tire to work best , the p1s were literally undrivable. My vote is to go for the foam tires you have to run them as they come you're not allowed to true them and you're not allowed to glue the sidewalls just run them and make them work they provide little to no wear after several runs which is really nice and the car drives like a 12th scale . that would breathe a lot of life and help the class explode in my opinion. And provide time to figure out the rubber situation.
dawgmeat likes this.
Old 07-05-2022, 12:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by belewis01 View Post
RC FIA F1 event at Nor-Cal Hobbies yesterday, it's a series for 2 car teams with driver and team points. 30 F1 cars entered, Team Powers Spec tires.
D mains with bump ups. Roche EVO 3 TQ and win, Carrisma 2nd, Exotek 3rd - All running Team Powers motor and ESC.

So awesome to see! Why are all running the TP motor and esc? Flyers I've seen say any Roar motor/esc.
dawgmeat likes this.
Old 07-05-2022, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Yo Fat500 - No on the foam tires we are staying with Rubber. As for the P1's and the Team Powers seem to be working the best.
Old 07-05-2022, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Yes bullfrog nobody seems to want to run the foams here at the club level either they would rather spend $50 for this set and $50 for that set $50 for this set and $50 for that set and try all these tires when they could have bought another car for the amount of money they spend trying tires that don't work I'm simply saying go to foams as a temporary fix until the rubber situation gets worked out. it's hard to have an F1 class when only three or four people are showing up for our club race because the cars are now so hard to drive they're dropping out of F1 and losing interest going to other classes I simply want to keep that from happening. I have my fingers crossed that Mike at exotek will save us all...lol. I would like the racers in the series that runs the team Powers tires to post an update here as to what they are doing as far as tire prep to get them to work well.
Old 07-05-2022, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
So awesome to see! Why are all running the TP motor and esc? Flyers I've seen say any Roar motor/esc.
Correct - any ROAR motor ESC Battery allowed - top 3 were Team Powers drivers.
MikeR likes this.
Old 07-05-2022, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by astgerma52sp View Post
For the Nationals, are you sure the Team Powers tires are Medium front and rears? I was told it will be Medium front and soft rears.
Soft rear tires in Florida will have you spinning out due to high asphalt temperatures
fat500 likes this.
Old 07-05-2022, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fat500 View Post
P1 tires did not work at all in Coral springs this past weekend. Drivers actually had the best luck with the new gravities . it was very hot out track temp was very high. So far it's looking like different tracks require a specific tire to work best , the p1s were literally undrivable. My vote is to go for the foam tires you have to run them as they come you're not allowed to true them and you're not allowed to glue the sidewalls just run them and make them work they provide little to no wear after several runs which is really nice and the car drives like a 12th scale . that would breathe a lot of life and help the class explode in my opinion. And provide time to figure out the rubber situation.
I suggested foams on Facebook and got stoned to death lol. For the record Iím for FOAMS however Iím in the minority
fat500 and 1/8 IC Fan like this.
Old 07-05-2022, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

I've been running the team powers med- med. Some have run the med- soft. I set my cars to run these tires but I only get to once a month. I guess if last year F1 champ(Sean)- Andy from down there can run them, I can too. The P1's also work.-again with set-up for the tires. We did foam and that killed the class when they were first introduced. Why because one car too an oddball size and the other ran 1/10tires.The odd ball size was untrued !/12 tires( that I mounted myself) and we could not run them but so far. Which was ashame, as there was plenty of foam left on the rim. You just have to work with your set-up. The new Gravitys are not like the old gravitys.
You might try different tire traction stuff. I found out what works for me but you would have to see me before I would tell you. I've had this stuff for several years and never used it. I also make my old school GT12 tire traction from when I started racing. I might try a new additive to my formula for Valkaria.
Old 07-06-2022, 11:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat View Post
I suggested foams on Facebook and got stoned to death lol. For the record Iím for FOAMS however Iím in the minority
Foam is where F1 started and should stay, Im with you. Running Yokomo Foams on my F103 15th.
dawgmeat likes this.
Old 07-06-2022, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
Foam is where F1 started and should stay, Im with you. Running Yokomo Foams on my F103 15th.
Yes, foam it's where it started, but it can hardly stay there, after so many years with rubber. And honestly, I never liked the way F1 on foams looked on the track back in the past. IMHO rubber is what it should be for F1 now. There's two other glorious (unfortunately not very popular with the mainstream of RC drivers) foam classes out there: 1/12th and Pro10. (of course people have started putting rubber on them, too, which I'm not a fan of, either.)
Just my $0.02
Old 07-06-2022, 12:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DirkW View Post
Yes, foam it's where it started, but it can hardly stay there, after so many years with rubber. And honestly, I never liked the way F1 on foams looked on the track back in the past. IMHO rubber is what it should be for F1 now. There's two other glorious (unfortunately not very popular with the mainstream of RC drivers) foam classes out there: 1/12th and Pro10. (of course people have started putting rubber on them, too, which I'm not a fan of, either.)
Just my $0.02
Foam has a place, but it isn't everywhere. Rubber tires and lower power motors work and work well in F1.
But I will say that only the local TCS races attracted enough F1 cars for a grid. My favorite local track had consistent but small F1 grids for many many years but this spring it went erratic and this summer has not seen an F1 grid.
fat500 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.