Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Like Tree2850Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Old 04-29-2020, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm not sure about Xray kits, but I've had other brand kits where the screws I needed were in a different bag than what it should have obviously been. Hopefully this is the case, but it is still just a frustrating/disappointing.
Old 04-29-2020, 12:22 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TraxxasPeter
So I ended up getting the Xray x1 20 kit. I’m rather disappointed in the quality control of the company. I’m only on bag 2 and they haven’t included all the screws needed. So far not the greatest experience for my first Xray car
RC America should be able to take care of you. I've owned numerous X-ray kits (probably more than 10), only one issue with a missing O-ring.

Or email Martin Hudy the name of the bagger on the namecard "Voltemarova" or something. The Hudy mafia family will ensure she will disappear in all of Slovakia. j/k
Old 04-29-2020, 02:02 PM
Tech Adept

No joy in the spare screw bag? Xray is the only brand I've built that actually gives you a small assortment of extra screws. I've only used 2 or 3 over the course of 8 xray kits.
Old 04-29-2020, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TraxxasPeter
So I ended up getting the Xray x1 20 kit. I’m rather disappointed in the quality control of the company. I’m only on bag 2 and they haven’t included all the screws needed. So far not the greatest experience for my first Xray car
Ive gone thru 3 xray x1s and never had had a problem with missing parts...most of the time, when you open a bag, its not a bad idea to pour it into a popcorn bowl at your workstation...cause sometimes when you open a bag, you can drop that one screw and its gone till you clean your room weeks later.

But I have had this happen to me with some other kits...best thing is too keep a spare screws box with extra ordered parts. Sometimes, its actually better to have a 4mm screw than a 6mm stock kit screw as you end up not using their basic setup with a 2mm spacer...its the little grams that can count
Old 04-29-2020, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sweems
No joy in the spare screw bag? Xray is the only brand I've built that actually gives you a small assortment of extra screws. I've only used 2 or 3 over the course of 8 xray kits.
Some of those extra screws are actually for the alternative setups like floating servos.

but it would be way cooler if they did add extra screws in the kit from the get go...sometimes they do fall off from bumpy tracks or just not being tight enough (and also from not putting thread lock)
Old 05-01-2020, 12:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Default xray x1 4mm lock nut discontinued?

So the person i bought my used X1 from didn't include the 4mm locknuts for my wheels. No big deal but when i searched online i see some sites state that this 4mm locknut is discontinued? (Amain shows this as discontinued). So did Xray move on to the locknut that has a flange? Any reason to get a flanged over one without one? The team associated 4mm locknuts are real cheap (3 bucks for a pack of 10) but the ones with flanges are about 8 - 10 bucks for a pack of 10.
Old 05-01-2020, 12:54 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Most F1's use non flanged for front. For the rear it doesn't really matter whether its flanged or not.

You will want for the front any Nylon locking M4 non flanged nut. It doesn't have to be an X-ray brand, its just common hardware, lol.
Old 05-01-2020, 01:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Dan
Most F1's use non flanged for front. For the rear it doesn't really matter whether its flanged or not.

You will want for the front any Nylon locking M4 non flanged nut. It doesn't have to be an X-ray brand, its just common hardware, lol.
Got it thank you. they all seem to be made equal, from what i can tell. Unless xray has superb metal from the gods but hey.
Old 05-02-2020, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GT CRUSING
Ive gone thru 3 xray x1s and never had had a problem with missing parts...most of the time, when you open a bag, its not a bad idea to pour it into a popcorn bowl at your workstation...cause sometimes when you open a bag, you can drop that one screw and its gone till you clean your room weeks later.

But I have had this happen to me with some other kits...best thing is too keep a spare screws box with extra ordered parts. Sometimes, its actually better to have a 4mm screw than a 6mm stock kit screw as you end up not using their basic setup with a 2mm spacer...its the little grams that can count

In the end I got lucky, the alternative setup on a couple steps that I didn't use gave me the 2 screws I needed
Old 05-04-2020, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default Mod F1 on 1/8th scale outdoor asphalt

Looking for tire suggestions for running mod F1 outdoors on a premier asphalt 1/8th scale track.

Does anyone have experience with current rubber tire offerings in this(sprayed/outdoor/asphalt) scenario?

Does anyone have foam vs rubber experience with current F1 cars while outdoors?

Any setup adivise would be appriciated.

Thank you,
-Tommy
angrymelon likes this.
Old 05-04-2020, 02:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If you have the choice of foam or rubber on a clean, sprayed surface, foam all day. Paragon FX (white can) covered with sun tan lotion. Easy. Probably try one of the pink/purple/magenta family of foam. 1/10 donuts fit the foam rims for F1.

Rubber tire, there are a lot of combos. The tried and true Tamiya F104 kit front/TCS rear. Volante has a bunch of tires. Ride as well.

For mod, anything is going to be a handful. Foam would be easier to hook up, especially on a gas car track with gas car foam and castor oil down already. Rubber can be an odd mix with gas cars on the same day especially.
Rick Vessell and angrymelon like this.
Old 05-04-2020, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by robk
If you have the choice of foam or rubber on a clean, sprayed surface, foam all day. Paragon FX (white can) covered with sun tan lotion. Easy. Probably try one of the pink/purple/magenta family of foam. 1/10 donuts fit the foam rims for F1.

Rubber tire, there are a lot of combos. The tried and true Tamiya F104 kit front/TCS rear. Volante has a bunch of tires. Ride as well.

For mod, anything is going to be a handful. Foam would be easier to hook up, especially on a gas car track with gas car foam and castor oil down already. Rubber can be an odd mix with gas cars on the same day especially.
Exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you Rob
-Tommy
Old 05-05-2020, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Any suggestion for Reedy Mod motor / ESC combo from Amain?

Looks like RCMart has F1 foam in stock.

Also, what gearing would be a good starting point for mod / foam on sauced 1/8 asphalt? And would 64 pitch still be desireable?

Thanks in advance!

-Tommy
Old 05-05-2020, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

I have tried this with mixed results. Foams on F103 for asphalt is awesome! Wide cars rule on foams.

Newer narrow cars, not so much. The foams have so much grip, the car flips way to easy. Grinding foams down helps but it's just physics. Long and narrow wheelbase makes it really easy to grip roll.

That's not to say it can't be done, just be aware and good luck. Sounds like you will have a blast!

Last edited by dman18t; 05-05-2020 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-06-2020, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dman18t
I have tried this with mixed results. Foams on F103 for asphalt is awesome! Wide cars rule on foams.

Newer narrow cars, not so much. The foams have so much grip, the car flips way to easy. Grinding foams down helps but it's just physics. Long and narrow wheelbase makes it really easy to grip roll.

That's not to say it can't be done, just be aware and good luck. Sounds like you will have a blast!
Awesome input. Thank you for sharing your results!
dman18t likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.