R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 11:37 AM   #91
Tech Rookie

Actually RC cars are toys, what is the purpose of them except to have fun? Anything that is used for fun is a toy, there is nothing wrong with that.
Reading some of the childish, and vulgar responses leave me wondering how many RC hobbyists are actually big babies in denial though.
Old 09-25-2003, 11:45 AM   #92
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Intermision Send a message via Yahoo to Intermision

I agree I call my dirt bike a toy, but it depends on the context you use.
Old 09-25-2003, 01:39 PM   #93
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Wow!

The guy used bad judgement and then proceeded to try to say he was wrong in his assumption.Can't you guys cut people a little slack?Even if his initial intention was to flame r/c racers,could you try to be less sinical{sp?}of anothers intentions and be a little more forgiving when someone admits he was wrong.I forget who said they wanted to kill him but if Futureal,{the owner of this board} condones these types of words on his board,I really don't want to be apart of this place.2 wrongs don't make a right.And by the way,I race competitively on a regular basis but you all need to get a life if you really put that much emphasis on TOY cars.Or are we feeling guilty and trying to justify that they are not what they are because we all spend so much of our hard earned money and valuable time on something that is truely non essential? I love R/c racing,but if you,the ones that tore this guy to shreads were the ones I had to race with,I better sell all my stuff today,because your are the type of people I cant see spending my free time with.

Originally posted by trf racer
i swear if i ever meat you id kill you you insulting low life.

Trf racer,you realize that this statement you said here is more rediculous and offensive then what the originator of this post ever said?Real genius!

Last edited by racenut123; 09-25-2003 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:39 PM   #94
Tech Master

as i said i apologised for everything i said but was fuming at the time.
this person perposely insulted our hobbie and the people who race.
these are highly technicall pieces of engineering and the amount of [email protected] that goes into them is a lot more than TOY cars.
if you think these are toys then perhaps you arent hardcore enough to appreciate this.
TOYS are brake then throw away objects.
a sony minidisc gets thrown away if it breaks.
a revox cd player gets repaired.
a tyco car gets thrown away when it breaks.
a tamiya or true r/c car gets repaired.
may be you drive a tyco.

The guy used bad judgement and then proceeded to try to say he was wrong in his assumption.Can't you guys cut people a little slack?Even if his initial intention was to flame r/c racers,could you try to be less sinical{sp?}of anothers intentions and be a little more forgiving when someone admits he was wrong.I forget who said they wanted to kill him but if Futureal,{the owner of this board} condones these types of words on his board,I really don't want to be apart of this place.2 wrongs don't make a right.And by the way,I race competitively on a regular basis but you all need to get a life if you really put that much emphasis on TOY cars.Or are we feeling guilty and trying to justify that they are not what they are because we all spend so much of our hard earned money and valuable time on something that is truely non essential? I love R/c racing,but if you,the ones that tore this guy to shreads were the ones I had to race with,I better sell all my stuff today,because your are the type of people I cant see spending my free time with.

Originally posted by trf racer
i swear if i ever meat you id kill you you insulting low life.

Trf racer,you realize that this statement you said here is more rediculous and offensive then what the originator of this post ever said?Real genius!
Old 09-25-2003, 02:59 PM   #95
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Its a shame you drive a Tamiya.Thats all I own.I guess driving a Suirkarn evo3 is not hardcore,but thats beside the point.I race regularly and most in my area know me for racing not putting around.But that doesnt change the fact that your words were ill chosen and you were wrong.Period. Toys they are,whether you admit to it or not.They are things that bring enjoyment to us although they are non essential.Definately not worth threatening someones life over.Seriously though,your words were still more offensive and less worthy to be forgotten then a mere insult of our hobby.
Old 09-25-2003, 03:07 PM   #96
Tech Master

you are a joker.
its a shame that this hobby has to put up with people luike you and thespectator.
its also a big shame that you own such a good car.going to such waste.
also hardcore isnt what car you have its about the racing.
i live, eat and breathe r/c cars and racing thats hard core.
some one could have a tlo1 and still be hardcore.
but anyway call it what you like i know its not toys and the majority of people hear also no there not.
you should have more respect for this hobby/buissness.
peter
Old 09-25-2003, 03:08 PM   #97
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Cool it, guys. You should know by now that this is not a place for flame wars.

This thread has come to an end.