R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-27-2003, 09:41 PM   #61

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Krypton it is then, but the damn things are expensive! $70 at Tower, who tend to be cheap.
Speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 10:04 PM   #62
R/C Tech Founder

Speedo, click the link in Kraig's signature.
Old 09-28-2003, 04:20 AM   #63
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Speedo check out stormer hobbies they are the cheapest I have seen anywhere $54.95 US.
www.stormerhobbies.com

Cheers
Rob
Airtronics M11X.
MRIMPACT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 11:35 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
Speedo, click the link in Kraig's signature.
Speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 09:34 AM   #65
Tech Elite

Speedo:

I was impressed with my 10 Single KR. The com on the armature I had with the motor had some marks on it when new (looked like scratches!?) but besides this minor niggle, after a skim the motor has performed very well. I've had no efficiency problems with it in 4wd Off Road when using GP 3300s.

Futureal:

Whilst none of the information provided here on this particular forum is particularly scientific, I beleive that opinions shared on a forum - especially from those who that do not have a vested interest in the product they are 'praising' - can be very interesting and help aid potential buyers in making an informed choice. If a non sponsored driver says that 'my motor A seems much better than motor B in my car X' then in my opinion this information is very relative. If many people are all saying the same thing, the information is especially difficult to ignore.

Besides which, making comparisons is pretty much one of the main things that people do when using a forum, isn't it?
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 10:10 AM   #66
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Doug Gaut

I was racing at a large onroad track last weekend (180ft backstraight) and tested a KR 10x1, D5 10x1 and a Lightspeed D5 roundwire 10x1. The KR is smooth but lacks the raw hp that you can get out of a D5. Now the D5 flatwire was okay and had more bottom end than the KR but the roundwire D5 was a bullet!! It had more power through the whole spectrum, bottom, mid and the top end was great. The D5 roundwire I have has large gauge wire, larger than normal but it still had the efficiency to make run time. This was definitely "unscientific" but just on track results in a Losi XXXS G+. I would like to run the Hara motor though.
Doug Gaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 10:48 AM   #67
Tech Adept

In a race that has a 10turn motor limit the KR's dont have any apperent effi. problem, but in classes like 6-cell mod oval and 4-cell mod oval, the D5's and the Ti will finish the race much stronger then the Kr does. The Quad magnets have somthing to do with it, as does the more brush overlap from the new comm and brush combo.

The Pt will be an awsome oval motor and not much else I would say. You could get it to work well in other classes, but in reality the motor was designed to spin hard. And finish better in the mod oval classes then the Kr does.
JPHRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 12:10 AM   #68
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

Doug.In all honesty you were using the WRONG Reedy Motor for your application is why.Try a Ti or the New PT coming.It's designed for BIG Tracks and all that RPM or Top speed your speaking off.The Kr's are the BEST offroad motor I have ran.
One thing for sure is Reedy and Orion's Magnets will outlast trinity's HANDS DOWN.
Goodluck to all you guys racing and to find out about the V2 in offroad they will be trying them at the Worlds this week.
Old 10-12-2003, 06:00 AM   #69
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

What motor does Hara run ?
NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 06:59 AM   #70
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Doug Gaut I bet that Lightspeed motor is really fast. I use to race for Lightspeed. Mark winds a great motor. Everything Mark winds is perfect. In all my years I have never seen such great solder joints like Mark does. When I looked at his winds it looks like a surgeon did them, very precise.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 07:48 AM   #71
Tech Elite

WYD incase you didnt know.Mark or anyone at his shop hasnt wound a motor in like 5 yrs or longer.It's Fantom.
Hope that helps.
Les
Old 10-12-2003, 07:50 AM   #72
Tech Elite

Pink TC3 He has been running Core Touring Motor's till now.Im sure he will be giving the V2 a run to see what is has to offer.
I like the design and the swiss crafted endbell.Wow.But we will see if it performs better.
Old 10-12-2003, 08:51 AM   #73
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

I would guess Hara is going to run a V2....they are putting out a sedan mod motor with his name on it...lol Looks like a cool motor. Will be my next buy.
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:58 PM   #74
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have got 29018 Revolution Modified Motor 12x1 blue end bell.

I would like to know how it approximately compares to brushless motors...what number of turns this motor corresponds to?
ozvena is offline   Reply With Quote