Xray copies

Old 10-20-2008, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

is it a alloy version of same car ?? the photo looks like at a r/c car show
Attached Thumbnails Xray copies-20081018_4a268145b25c8f915f00wu1a1rdujmhk.jpg   Xray copies-20081018_90f844d8db0f86875564gtqgjnkxwiqa.jpg   Xray copies-20081018_f2058ff22ce8dc550abbev8ny2oy0ckm.jpg  
Old 10-21-2008, 03:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by yokemad
It is Copy but Comes with Alloy Shocks

And a battery strap.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FF25510
same where show this ?
sure from China !
Old 10-21-2008, 07:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by FF25510
Wow!!!.In red and green also.I like them all and i think i'll buy all three.After all they'll cost me the same as one original 008.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:52 AM
sac
Tech Regular

WHY are people so pissed about this? its a copy of a XRAY ,so what !!! Xray chassie is a copy of many chassie designs before it and ever sense it been out.examples would be Corrally ,Kawada Acylon chassie ,Tamiya 414 and 415 chassie and yokomo .These companies all had cars out before XRAY even had there first car out .You can pick out featues from all and find it on a Xray ,DOES that make a Xray A "COPY" car.
As for the materials used in Xray's and the names that they call it "spring steel" this is not just used by Xray.
I guess what i am saying is GET OVER IT! Xray is a great product,but it really didn't create anything new.

If you don't like the idea that they were copied ,don't buy it!
Just keep in mind that ALL rc products are copies in some way of someone else's product.The only ones that can say they didn't copy anyone is the one that did it first...

sac
Old 10-21-2008, 08:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

There's a difference between using design cues from other cars, and completely 100% copying EVERYTHING of the design.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sac
WHY are people so pissed about this? its a copy of a XRAY ,so what !!! Xray chassie is a copy of many chassie designs before it and ever sense it been out.examples would be Corrally ,Kawada Acylon chassie ,Tamiya 414 and 415 chassie and yokomo .These companies all had cars out before XRAY even had there first car out .You can pick out featues from all and find it on a Xray ,DOES that make a Xray A "COPY" car.
As for the materials used in Xray's and the names that they call it "spring steel" this is not just used by Xray.
I guess what i am saying is GET OVER IT! Xray is a great product,but it really didn't create anything new.

If you don't like the idea that they were copied ,don't buy it!
Just keep in mind that ALL rc products are copies in some way of someone else's product.The only ones that can say they didn't copy anyone is the one that did it first...

sac
LOL, do some research and you will see that this car is not just a copy but a counterfit..... Other manufacturers go with trends. example shaft cars, and now the standard belt layout which makes cars look similar but not copies.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Maybe it is just a bunch of x-ray "hop-ups" that are assembled into a full complete car
Old 10-21-2008, 09:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by academygaz
There's a difference between using design cues from other cars, and completely 100% copying EVERYTHING of the design.
Tell that to Losi.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Adam?
Tell that to Losi.
Xray certainly copied the LCD design. It was a great idea 3 years ago, and it is surprising that it took this long for another manufacturer to release a similar design. Knowing Xray, they probably made them much better.
That being said, XRAY is not making counterfeit copies of the LCD like the car in this topic.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Maybe Xray does not have a patent on the design

features for this car. Sometimes companies don't do it because of the time and effort involved. LOL Regardless it seems wrong to me.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Copy Thread looks More Lively than 008 Thread LOL
Old 10-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Think about it guys, racers out there all know the "XRAY" Quality.

Its precisely this quality that gives rise to the intrinsic value of the car.

It is quite certain that this knock off will not reach XRay's parts standard.
Hence, it will not appeal to those racers even if it is at a ridiculous price.

Plus, the pricing of these knockoffs are not exactly cheap. One would be able to buy a decent car, maybe a TC5 or something where they know that quality is at least upheld.

Hence, I do not believe that this will injure XRAY's market share much as their target segment has always been set at the premium market level.

So, I think that seller is not making much sense unless he can lower his producing cost dramatically and sell these cars at $50 each or smt.

Even then, it will not hurt the XRAY's market share much unless people buy these knockoffs as spares.

What do you think guys?
Old 10-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

I am sure there are some legal issues with intellectual property, but like I said I just want the plastic parts. Buying $10 parts when all the other brands have them for $5 is excessive. But I would not buy the car, as it is a copy and buying will justify their reasons to make the car.

If they offered just the molded plastic parts that are not protected by patents, I would consider them for replacing the over-priceds parts from Xray.

Look at RPM, they make after market plastic parts for many r/c cars and no one is looking bad at them.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

all TCs copied each other in terms of concepts, eg. 2-belt driven, low cg etc etc. but this particular really copy xray until we can reach the conclusion that this thing is a counterfeit of the original xray, that's the difference between copying ideas and copying the thing totally...

it won't damage xray's market as i think those who are deeply involved in RC, would know that xrays are of high quality.

i'd spend $10 on xray suspension arms that lasts a year than $5 on others that may need replacement 3 times or more a year....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.