Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xray copies

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 08:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

He is lying or he doesn't know what he is talking about. All Xray kits are made at Xray in Slovakia. They are not created by a third party. There is no OEM market.

I would threaten to tell ebay about that if he continues to claim its the same factory.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by oXYnary
He is lying or he doesn't know what he is talking about. All Xray kits are made at Xray in Slovakia. They are not created by a third party. There is no OEM market.

I would threaten to tell ebay about that if he continues to claim its the same factory.
Do you know for sure that all "parts" are made in Slovakia? "Kits" and "parts" have two different meanings. The "kit" can be put together in Slovakia, but doesn't meant the "parts" were made in Slovakia too.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Get over it.You guys sound like this is the 1st instance of this.Get a life.Car does look pretty good for a "back pour".
Old 10-20-2008, 09:10 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

even if everythin else was the same. folks its open and shut. just go price amain for all the ally bulkheads u'd need to make it a true 'xray'. the price puts it right up at the reg price, quite close. remember u need a couple of the lowers and 4 of the uppers. price it out.

might be a cool idea for xray to do a budget ride that folks can hopup. but who knows.

R
Old 10-20-2008, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MACHFIVE
Do you know for sure that all "parts" are made in Slovakia? "Kits" and "parts" have two different meanings. The "kit" can be put together in Slovakia, but doesn't meant the "parts" were made in Slovakia too.
If you do a bit of research on Xrays site, you will see for yourself this is true. Its in part why Xray kits cost more (but have such damn good quality).
Old 10-20-2008, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have reported it as being counterfeit. Hopefully some action is taken. This hurts the companies that pour money into R&D.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
might be a cool idea for xray to do a budget ride that folks can hopup. but who knows.

R
They made the T2R for awhile, it sold VERY fast, but Xray stated that there was much more demand for the T2.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by oXYnary
If you do a bit of research on Xrays site, you will see for yourself this is true. Its in part why Xray kits cost more (but have such damn good quality).

So you don't know for sure if all parts are made in Slovakia, right?
Old 10-20-2008, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Well if you're going to copy anyone it might as well be the best
Old 10-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Tech Adept

To me it would make sense for Xray to outsource manufacturing to strategic areas of the world to expedite delivery as well as decrease shipping costs.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sure, not all parts are made directly in Slovakia. If you still have box of your T2008 you can find sticker on it that diffs were made in swiss but yes rest is made in Slovakia.

Originally Posted by 32819toon
Interesting !?!? Do Xray know about it ?? So he's really claiming that it's of the same quality as the T2'008.
I think he knows that now as long as it's discussed also on Slovak forum that Martin Hudy visits. But he didn't say anything about that yet.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

It's quite easy to define specifications\tolerances in-house and then outsource production. In contract, you can specify tolerance and if not within specification, then contract is null.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:39 AM
Gravity RC

So you don't know for sure if all parts are made in Slovakia, right?
all Xray parts are made in Slovakia, they wouldn't have it any other way (quality control). pretty much the only thing that they dont make in house are the screws, seriously!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Paul L
all Xray parts are made in Slovakia, they wouldn't have it any other way (quality control). pretty much the only thing that they dont make in house are the screws, seriously!
Coming from Paul L I can believe that the parts are made in Slovakia.

Too bad there isn't much Xray can do about the copy. Especially if the copy is manufactured in China.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hmm, i figured that since the chinese constantly solicite work, when i saw a pic of an xray car on the pamphlet they sent, that they were making parts for hudy, my mistake.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.