Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
The future of 1/12 scale >

The future of 1/12 scale

The future of 1/12 scale

Old 11-28-2008, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by adam lancia
You're positive it won't fit in there? Would it clear if the front shock mount was higher?
See for your self,

Red battery is a 20c 2S 2200mah pack

Clear shrink wrap battery is a old 10c thunder power 2s 2100mah pack.
(not a bad fit but a little close for comfort)

I used 2s packs for these pictures because I have them and a single 4000 or 5000mah cell is just to large so like the SMC it would be a 1s2p......BB
Attached Thumbnails The future of 1/12 scale-1.jpg   The future of 1/12 scale-2.jpg   The future of 1/12 scale-3.jpg   The future of 1/12 scale-4.jpg  
Old 11-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Many people run their front shock mount higher than what you have pictured. The mounting options on the AE 12R5 are substantially higher. In addition the CRC mount is about 3 mm taller than the old AE mount.

Old AE mount-15 mm
CRC mount-18 mm
New AE mounts-20-35 mm depending on hole.

Not knocking what works for, just info for people wanting to try a lipo in their t bar car. Ive even used the CRC aluminum standoff with 2-3 mm of shims under it as well with good results.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Many people run their front shock mount higher than what you have pictured. The mounting options on the AE 12R5 are substantially higher. In addition the CRC mount is about 3 mm taller than the old AE mount.

Old AE mount-15 mm
CRC mount-18 mm
New AE mounts-20-35 mm depending on hole.

Not knocking what works for, just info for people wanting to try a lipo in their t bar car. Ive even used the CRC aluminum standoff with 2-3 mm of shims under it as well with good results.
I didn't know that, thanks.......BB
Old 11-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roland S
Fred:

First of all, we should be able to disagree all we want on merits of thing we discuss here.
Not that I have done, but what’s wrong with calling people closed minded and wrong? If we can back it up with reasons and evidence. The political correctness attitude should be thrown into trash. You can call me closed minded and wrong all you want, if you can prove it; if you can’t prove it, people can see that too.

In fact, you’ve just called me that by saying:
” Roland, the problem that I have is the fact that YOU are the one that isn't open minded on this whole deal.”
Let’s see what you can back up with. You back up with what I challenged you on my post # 41, in it I said: “Would you be open mind enough to reconsider your position if I can point out where you are wrong? Is it possible that you could be wrong for once, right?

You see, I gave you the benefit of doubt that you are never wrong in your life time by asking you: Is it possible that you could be wrong for once,“
I don’t know you in person, so I don’t really know whether you are open minded or not, and I did not make it as a statement. I post it as a question:
“Would you be open mind enough to reconsider your position if I can point out where you are wrong?”

So, please read carefully. I didn’t say you were closed minded and wrong. You just assume I did.

Was I right? When I asked you, could you be wrong in post #41?
Answer: I don’t know because you never faced up the challenge I posted to you. You never came back with an answer. You could have said “Roland, you are wrong; I did try it with a 2030 motor.” Or you could have come back and say: “Roland, you are right, what I tried was a 380size motor, let me try the 2030 motor and see.” You see, most of people would have assumed you never did try the 2030size motor, otherwise you would have answered right back. Now it’s up to the reader to decide who makes more sense, who is more reasonable here.

You said:
” You've thrown those two backhanded remarks my way often enough…… “
“ backhanded remark”? Why was it a backhanded remark when I said it direct to you by mentioning your name to began my post #41 with? Is it still backhanded remark when
I’ve just proved it was merely your assumptions?
“Often enough?” Can you back it up the “often enough” claim?

You said:” ….that I pretty much dismiss anything new that you have to say….”
Dismiss? Not only you did not dismiss what I have to say, you read into it and respond.
Oops, I’m sorry, I’ve just pointed out a flaw in your statement.

On one hand, you want to let me know that you’re dismissing me, or what I have to say,
And in the same paragraph, you began by calling my name to catch my attention, as if you have important message for me. You know I can describe you as a self-centered person based on that. You want to dismiss me and at the same time I should pay attention to you.

Enough said and I am going to end this by saying that we are adults and we can gentlemanly disagree with each other and argue with reasons in our arguments like I’ve just demonstrated. So, please keep the “childlike” argument, your words, not mine, to yourself.

Roland,

I think that this is where we agree to disagree. Like I said it's turning into a grade school thing where You say I'm wrong and I say you're wrong. You've made a case for my twisting what you've said and I can make a case for you twisting arount things that I've said.

It is what it is. Time will tell what the "future of 12th" holds.

If it wasn't for the fact that I'm setting around at Cleveland I wouldn't even waste my time with a response.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

2S2P A123

2S2
Old 11-29-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

LOL dude! Can you get a small enough pinion on it ?
Old 11-29-2008, 03:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

You guys posting pics.....Stop posting with sloppy shit; clean it up for goodness sake
Old 11-29-2008, 03:46 PM
Tech Champion

Here's what I've been thinking...with much of Europe and Asia going to 5 cell in TC the A123 packs are closest to 5 cell. I think this is why Tamiya decided on that route instead of LiPo. If the US goes to 5 cell in TC as well then the A123 would be a good fit there and since it can fit into 1/12th it might be a better option for 1/12th as new drivers who want to race 1/12th would already have all the equipment including batteries. The downside of the extra voltage might be off-set by having 21.5 as the stock and 17.5 be the super stock.

Then again if the US doesn't eventually go to 5 cell then we are still stuck with the same argument we have now.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
You guys posting pics.....Stop posting with sloppy shit; clean it up for goodness sake
You would love my cars then...
Old 11-29-2008, 04:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Old 11-29-2008, 04:55 PM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

JayBee, you got that right Brutha! If they were to go to a big race....they wouldn't get it through TSA at the airport
Old 11-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

It's all in jest
Old 11-29-2008, 05:56 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

the future of 12 scale is whats in donny lia's and karl hoffmeister's rides. 2 words

SINGLE CELL

imagine the time u'll have to waste b/c ur not doin battery work. somehow truing foams will become fun and relaxing lol

R
Old 11-29-2008, 06:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
the future of 12 scale is whats in donny lia's and karl hoffmeister's rides. 2 words

SINGLE CELL

imagine the time u'll have to waste b/c ur not doin battery work. somehow truing foams will become fun and relaxing lol

R
i think i agree with what you are saying here --- but lets just clarify -- truing foams will never be "fun"
Old 11-29-2008, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
i think i agree with what you are saying here --- but lets just clarify -- truing foams will never be "fun"
I did it for the first time in a long time today. It was not the most exciting thing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.