Heat Sink Battery Bars

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heat Sink Battery Bars

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

the new trend in alot of matchers today..these 1.15 cells run like 1.19 cells? lol why is that?
Old 12-03-2003, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by HOOPD1
Got my pack today,there are labels on every cell but I suspect there wont be for long since there not laminated or under any shrink wrap.
I will be running it this weekend along side some Fukuama cells I also got in the mail today,the voltage on the cells is only 1.170 but the runtime looks good at 431-433,and there ad says there 1.170s will be as good or better than anyone elses 1.18s.
I will be running some very power hungry 6 turn singles so we will see how well they do averaging a 50 amp discharge.
They are good numbers but remember that it is not what voltage numbers that are on the label, but what voltage level the motor receives. There is where Jeff (Fusion) explanation comes in with the reduction of resistance in installing the battery bars.

For example, cycle a 6 cell pack of 1.171 batteries on your CE Turbo 35 and see what your total voltage is and you will find that it will be about1.156 to 1.16 per cell due to the battery bars and soldiering. I also cycled a 6 cell pack of 1.171 Fusion batteries and the ave voltage per cell was 1.170. Now that is a big increase. I will be trying them out this weekend and see how they perform.

I too met Jeff Chaskin and John Malin of Fusion batteries at Cleveland and I was very impressed by their honesty and commitment to our hobby.

Thanks, Mike

Last edited by Michal101; 12-03-2003 at 12:02 PM.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Michal101
I too met Jeff Chaskin and John Malin of Fusion batteries at Cleveland and I was very impressed by there honesty and commitment to our hobby.
Wow, I didn't know John Malin was involved with Fusion Batteries. In that case, I will definitely be buying some of their products in the future.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Thanx for the vote of confidence John
Old 12-08-2003, 05:46 AM
Tech Adept

Default Check your email !!!!!!!

I sent you my third email in a week this morning and have not heard back from you guys yet. What gives? Sorry about going public with a negative comment. I'm just looking for a little customer service here.

John
Old 12-17-2003, 12:47 PM

My last e-mail

Jeff,
Did you get my last e-mail? I'm still waiting for answer on a 4 cell saddle pack for a 1/12th
Old 12-17-2003, 01:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I recently received a pack of 1.171's for a vehicle test and couldn't resist running the pack through my Turbo before sending it off for photography. Came off at 1.17 average @ 30 amps. Very cool indeed. Numbers don't lie
Old 12-17-2003, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I was able to get my hands on a few sets of Fusion Batteries from John Malin this past weekend at the Florida Regionals. Myself and others were very impressed with the amount of power they gave me.

The most noticeable difference I found with the batteries was the lowered temperature in the pack after a 5-minute run. They were definately still warm but not "hot" like all of my own packs. They stayed very strong and I didn't notice any fade from the pack.

I can only attribute this difference to the lowered resistance of the pack provided by the assembly process and the larger surface area of the heatsink battery bars. I'm sure everybody knows that resistance means heat and power loss.

Old 12-18-2003, 08:22 AM
Tech Adept

I run PowerPush Batteries. Under the suggestion of Tony Carruba (PowerPush owner), I had my latest packs assembled by Fusion with the low temp solder process and the heat sinks. In my opinion it all seemed to help. They helped me enough to win the Expert Stock class in the ROAR Region 4 On-Road race last weekend. Thank you Jeff and John.

Tony Padilla
Old 12-22-2003, 01:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

ttt.............thanks for everthing John and Jeff
Old 12-22-2003, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

You got questions we got answers.........

you guys are welcome.
Old 01-22-2004, 11:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Recieved new packs

I recieved my new fusion packs yesterday. I was following this thread when it started last year and it apparently died. I'm wondering of more people actually TRIED the packs that were bashing them, and have changed thier minds about the performance.
Old 01-22-2004, 11:32 AM
R/C Tech Founder

I saw John running these at the Novak race and they really look slick. The machine-assembly isn't anything fancy, it's just something that makes a whole heck of a lot of sense.
Old 01-22-2004, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I ran a pack of these cells that I won in a raffle last weekend. They were not high numbers ( mid 15's ), but they performed well. I would be inclined to purchase a new pack. The joints are impeccable.

Last edited by TimPotter; 01-22-2004 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-25-2004, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

I raced on carpet today with my XRay in stock touring car. I ran a Fusion 6 cell pack today every other run. I ran a Fukuyama pack in the runs that I did not run the Fusion pack. Both packs had extremely similar numbers printed on them. I assembled the Fukuyama pack myself using a Weller 40, some Trinity battery bars, and some solder from my LHS. I used the same motor (Monster stock from carpet nats) for every run. All I did after each run was spray the can out with Buggy Blast. I never cut the comm or changed brushes. I wanted to just see the difference between the two packs.

On the track, the Fukuyama cells were faster every time. The Fusion cells were not bad, but the Fusion cells were definitely not as fast and were twice the price.

I cycled both packs last week, and I expected the Fusion pack would be much better thanks to the awesome factory soldering job. However, the Fukuyama cells had lower IR and higher voltage according to my Turbo35FGX. On a 20AMP discharge, the Fukuyama cells were 7.23volts and 19IR. On a 20AMP discharge, the Fusion cells were 7.14volts and 24IR. The runtime on both packs was about 3100mah.

So the bottom line was that the Fusion cells were less impressive on the track and on the charger. I don't understand why, since the concept behind the Fusion batteries seems solid. I am definitely going to contact Fusion Batteries and see if there is anything they suggest. Maybe the pack I got was a fluke.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.