R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-09-2008, 09:39 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default ? About Lipo Battery Holder

I'm an avid offroad racer (nitro) but since the season is only about 6 months long here in the midwest I thought I would try my hand at the local indoor track running 17.5 rubber tire. I purchased a Xray T1 Raycer kit since I wanted to make sure I liked running carpet before dropping $400-$500 on a top of the line kit but I've run into a problem. I purchased a SMC 4900mah lipo saddle pack to run but the battery posts aren't long enough to the put the holder on with the clips. My packs measure about 26mm tall so does anyone know if someone makes longer battery holder posts or any other opinons. Thanks
WideOpenThrottle RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:10 PM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmartin View Post
I'm an avid offroad racer (nitro) but since the season is only about 6 months long here in the midwest I thought I would try my hand at the local indoor track running 17.5 rubber tire. I purchased a Xray T1 Raycer kit since I wanted to make sure I liked running carpet before dropping $400-$500 on a top of the line kit but I've run into a problem. I purchased a SMC 4900mah lipo saddle pack to run but the battery posts aren't long enough to the put the holder on with the clips. My packs measure about 26mm tall so does anyone know if someone makes longer battery holder posts or any other opinons. Thanks
Or, just place some nice washers under the posts and fit to the proper height.
May take longer screws too.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote