Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin View Post
Discharge graph?
Graph will be posted very soon.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:34 PM   #107
Tech Fanatic

New batch of 5300's are now in stock and shipping. On track performance has only been 100% great feedback. Everyone is very impressed with the performance of these batteries.

Damon
Old 12-02-2008, 10:42 PM   #108
Tech Fanatic

Here is the discharge graph for our 5300 mAh Rip Stick.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:49 AM   #109
Tech Fanatic

The below graph is the standard manufacturer graph, I will be posting the factory test graph tomorrow. My manufacturer is going to supply me with the factory graph...

Damon
Old 12-03-2008, 07:25 AM   #110
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

will get my first hand experience with it this weekend in a 2wd electric buggy. All works out, wouldn't mind trying these also in a 1/8 scale conversion, dual pack setup.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:40 AM   #111
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggity View Post
Here is the discharge graph for our 5300 mAh Rip Stick.

Ok help me understand this graph here. Looking at it, it looks to me that this pack is just over 4500 mah capacity at 28C. I am confused.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:57 AM   #112
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 151 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
will get my first hand experience with it this weekend in a 2wd electric buggy. All works out, wouldn't mind trying these also in a 1/8 scale conversion, dual pack setup.
I would be leery of using packs with built-in bullet connectors in a 1/8th scale conversion, at least with the 4MM bullets.
ta_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:57 PM   #113
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
Ok help me understand this graph here. Looking at it, it looks to me that this pack is just over 4500 mah capacity at 28C. I am confused.

Hey Kraig, These graphs are directly from the manufacturer. To understand it you need to know that 1.0C is 5.3amps discharge, 10C is 53amps discharge, 20C is 106amps discharge, 25C is 132.5amp discharge, and the 28C is 146.4amp discharge. All are continuous disharge with a 6.0v cutoff. This has nothing to do with its capacity, it only references, for instance, the 28C at 146.4amp continuous discharge rate the battery held a typical voltage of 6.80 volts and ran for about 4600mAh capacity. Your speed control and motor will never draw this kind of power. Im not really sure how these graphs will help any of the typical racers understand how a pack performs, but someone wanted to see the graph so I posted it. Most important #'s will be the typical runtime, IR's, voltage, etc that is traditional with the old NiMH's.

Our packs have had 100% positive racer feedback, on track performance has been great!

I will have the factory graph to post later tonight.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:11 PM   #114
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Kraig, you're not confused. To acheive a given "C" rating, a battery must supply 80% of it's rated capacity @ the rated "C" current draw. Nobody else's packs supply their rated capacity at rated "C" either, many have been tested and shown to fall short of the 80% capacity too. I can see how this would seem misleading, especially since the numbers being thrown around on other threads are 35 amp discharge numbers, not the numbers at max "c" current draw. The red line on this graph represents a draw of 53 amps.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:20 PM   #115
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What is the pack temperature at 28C discharge?
Sabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:32 PM   #116
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Damon when you do the 4s hard case put me down for 2. I also vote for deans plugs or 5.5mm bullet connectors or what ever size comes with Castle creations Monster Max ESC. 160mm long x45mm wide and however tall would be perfect for me.

Now I will put off buying any 4s packs and wait till I can get some Rip Stick!!!!!!

Thanks for thinking of us 1/8th electric guys.
Joe Maxey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:23 PM   #117
Tech Master

Hey Damon, you know where I can pick up some empty baby food jars????

Just kidding meng. Just saying "Wat Up" from the "West Sydezzzzz"......

Still need to send you those parts..........

Kyosho America - Peak Racing - KO Propo - AKA - DE Racing - Diggity Designs - Speedtech R/C - Team Slant EyEs
Slant EyEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:10 PM   #118
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Damon,

These 5300's are juicy!!!! Like Hawaiian Punch!!!! POW
Thanks for coming up with them. Very solid performance at a fair price.
Other so called "major" brand names should take note.

I would put the 5300 "Rip Stick" up against any other LiPo pack, anytime.
These are the best ones I've tried yet
Sean B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:18 PM   #119
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

The ripstick I am using had plenty of power and held its voltage quite well. Great purchase for the money.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #120
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Damon thanks for the DIggity 5300 LIPO, it performed great all weekend at the Roar Region 1 champs. Finishing order in 13.5 Sedan was Haynes, Schreffler and Me all within 1 second on the last lap. Just google video "360 rc speedway" Thanks for the continued support!!!

BTW: 10 minutes before each race I would set the "ripstick" on top of my ott lite with my steel battery tray for warming purposes. This worked great and no need to bring even more unnecesary crap to the track..
DG Designs, Team Scream, TQ Wire
Dave G is offline   Reply With Quote